Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 6

The standings after Week 4 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 6. Ottawa has the bye this week.
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Calgary
Toronto @ Hamilton

Good luck!

Up to #43! Look out, solarwinds, I'm gunning for you! :wink:

B.C. @ Winnipeg: Hard to pick. Both teams have looked good, and both teams have looked terrible. I think the Lions are the better team overall, especially if Willy is unable to play. Lions by 5.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: No-brainer of the week. The best team in the West versus the sad-sack Riders. This one should be over early. Esks by 20.

Montreal @ Calgary: Another one that's tough to call. After their loss to Ottawa, I can't see Calgary losing another one right away. Home field tips the scales. Stamps by 8.

Toronto @ Hamilton: Probably the game of the week. After a 2-2 road trip that could easily have been 4-0, Hamilton returns home to Tim Horton's Field, where they have never lost a game, and a win would set up a 3-way tie for first (4-way if Montreal beats Calgary.) Toronto's good, but Hamilton's better. Cats by 2.

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary
Hamilton

Week for home teams.

Sitting at #40 I think I'll shotgun towards Boss99

Winnipeg vs BC - LIONS
Edmonton vs Sask. - RIDERS
Calgary vs Montreal - CALGARY
Hamilton vs Argos - TORONTO

BC, Edmonton, Calgary, Hamilton :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

Thanks Big Dave!

My pick for week 6:

BC - still think they are better than they have shown, and should beat Wpg easily
EDMONTON- Riders have no runs, no hits, no heirs to the QB position... Edm by a bunch
MONTREAL- Don't know what to make of the Stamps... Montreal wins at home
TORONTO- Game of the week... I will take the Argos in an upset

B.C.
Edmonton
Calgary
Hamilton

Thanks BD!

Golf RedBlacks!

That was ugly. Not only did I go 1-3, but I messed up my aggregate on the Edmonton-Winnipeg game. Sigh.

My picks for week 6:

B.C. @ Winnipeg - This one comes down to which team is less bad. While the Bombers have been close in a few games, they’ve bombed by two of the three top teams in the league. The Lions have been close in all their games, but haven’t played those two teams yet. Coin flip goes to the home team.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton - The Riders are better than their record, having lost a lot of close games. The problem is that the Eskimos seem to be as good as theirs.

Montreal @ Calgary - The Als have been playing well under Cato, and their defence is pretty solid. If the Stamps can’t find a way to stop Cato or to get through the Als’ defence, the horse won’t be getting much exercise.

Toronto @ Hamilton - Both the Ticats and Argos have been playing well. Possible preview of the eastern final, i.e. this year’s “real” Grey Cup? :cowboy: Again the coin flip goes to the home team, especially with the Timmies Field record on the line.

My picks are:

BC
Edmonton
Montreal
Hamilton

Thank you.

Richard

BC
Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto

Thanks BigDave

B.C.
Edmonton
Calgary
Hamilton

Well a 2-2 week has dropped me a further 7 spots to 37th. I need to start putting together winning weeks if I want to stay in contention of the leaders...

B.C. - Well either the Eskimos were better than I gave them credit for or the Bombers are worse. Either way it's hard to pick the Bombers after last week's performance...

Edmonton - The easy pick of the week, the Riders are in freefall now, and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon.

Montreal - The toughest pick of the week. The Stamps are at home, but there seems to be something off about Calgary and the Als are coming off of a bye week. They have also given the Stamps their worst loss of the season. Giving this pick a 0% confidence rating though...

Hamilton - The game of the week. The battle of the Ricky Ray back-ups! The Argos are off to a blazing 3-1 start, and their QB Trevor Harris has emerged as star. The TiCats have yet to lose at home in their new stadium and have the best defence in the league, that alone tips this in Steeltown's favour...

B.C.
Edmonton
Calgary
Hamilton

Yeah I moved up 15 spots in the standings. Here are my picks:

B.C.
Edmonton
Calgary
Hamilton

Thanks BD! :smiley:

B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Calgary
Toronto @ Hamilton

One change-up pick Big Dave

Edmonton vs Riders - ESKIES

Cheers

B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Calgary
Toronto @ Hamilton

BC
Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto

Ouch....went 1 - 3. Just when you think you figured it out, the CFL gods pull you right back down.......

British Columbia - with Willy hurt, the edge goes to BC
Edmonton - it's going to be a long time before I pick Saskatchewan again.
Calgary - their new name "hot & cold". Last week they were cold, this week they will be hot.
Hamilton - the home team gets the edge. Tough pick

Thanks BigDave