Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 6

The standings after Week 5 are posted here.

Again, just a brief explanation of the rules:
To join in, just start making picks.
To make picks, post a reply to this thread, stating which teams you think will win this week's games. You are encouraged to elaborate, or to give spreads, but only the predicted winners will be counted.
If you elaborate, your picks must be clear to me at a glance. I will not read a hundred posts of a thousand words each. If I have to read through an epic post to get your picks, I won't.
No conditional picks. If you make a conditional pick, the first team named is your pick. If you say, for example, "Edmonton if it's raining, B.C. if it's sunny", you've just picked Edmonton, rain or shine.
To be counted for a game, your pick must be in prior to the scheduled kickoff time. If the game is scheduled for 7:00pm, then a post made at 7:01 will be considered late for that game, no exceptions and no excuses.
If you want to change your pick, post a reply to the thread, stating that you want to make a change. Do not edit your original post. Changes, like picks, must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
At the end of the week, participants will be ranked based on total correct picks. Ties will be broken by perfect weeks, followed by aggregate (the total point spreads of all games picked correctly minus the total point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly by percent correct. (In the event that there is still a tie, tied players will be displayed based on who did better in the most recent week, though they will still be ranked as tied.)
In the event of a dispute, my word is final.

Now on to Week 6. Edmonton has the bye this week.
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Montreal
B.C. @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa

Good luck!

Winnipeg @ Hamilton - Hamilton - should be a very good close game
Toronto @ Montreal - TO. Ricky will bounce back
B.C. @ Calgary - BC. - Calgary is playing over their heads Wish they both could lose
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa - Sask. :cowboy:

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Montreal
B.C. @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa

This is one of those weeks when I feel like I could easily go 0-4...yikes.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Montreal
B.C. @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa

My picks for week 6 are:

Winnipeg over Hamilton
Montreal over Toronto
Calgary over BC
Saskatchewan over Ottawa

Thank you and a nice week to all.

Richard

Gradually moving up the list, just like my Ticats. :rockin:

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: I guess I'll be going against the grain on this pick, but if I'm going to do that, I'm doing it with my own team. Hamilton was one play away from a win or tie in both games in Alberta, against the top two teams in the league, and finally got the monkey off their backs with a win at home, so those who think this team is terrible haven't been watching football since Week 1. Despite their 4-1 start, I'm still not sold on Winnipeg. Sorry, but it's hard to accept that a team that was that bad last year, with a backup QB as their starter and a first-year HC, can be that good this year. Two of their wins were at home against Toronto and Ottawa, and a third was a squeaker in Montreal against the absolutely horrible Alouettes. They also had a game at home a couple of weeks ago where they only managed to score a field goal. Not sold. Cats by 2.

Toronto @ Montreal: The two worst teams in the Canadian Football League. Toronto has been the cure for what ails most teams, helping Saskatchewan break out of an early funk, and giving Ottawa their first (and so far only) win in franchise history. Ricky Ray looked abolutely terrible last week, throwing two interceptions, losing two fumbles (and a third that was called back on an offside penalty), and almost single-handedly handing the game to the Roughriders. That said, they're playing the Alouettes, who have Troy Smith at QB. Rod Black loves to gush about this guy, how strong his arm is, and how he won the Heisman Trophy, and he spent time in the NFL, but no matter how strong a guy's arm is, if the pass is 20 yards away from the receiver, he's not going to complete a lot of passes, or win a lot of games. Ricky Ray should bounce back, but I don't expect much from them. Argos by a field goal.

B.C. @ Calgary: The Lions only managed 6 points at home against Winnipeg last week. Kevin Glenn has always been hot and cold, with a penchant for throwing interceptions at the most inopportune times. (If they kept a stat for ICs thrown in the end zone, I'm sure he'd lead all active players, if not hold the record.) This is probably the main reason he's been so "underrated" and is never mentioned among the elite QBs of the CFL. Also probably the main reason why he's never won a Grey Cup, in spite of the fact that he usually takes his team to the playoffs and has even made it to the big game. Calgary is currently the hottest -- and remains the only undefeated -- team. But they haven't had a convincing win since knocking off Montreal and Toronto, the league's doormats, in their first two games. Number one versus number five, should be a no-brainer, but I think it will be closer than the standings would suggest. Stamps by 4.

Saskatchewan @ Ottawa: Ottawa is a fun team to watch (maybe because with all the former Ticats, I feel like I'm watching my own team play.) Burris still has the ability, and I'm pretty sure Chevon Walker is still my mom's favourite player. But they are still an expansion team, with a first-year HC who may have cost his team any chance of coming back against the Ticats. Saskatchewan did me a huge favour by grinding the Argos into the ground (even worse than they did against my Cats in Week 1), but after that game they had a let-up in which they suffered two convincing losses. But that was before Will Ford arrived, and man did he look good last week. Scoring the hat trick makes him the front-runner for player-of-the-week, IMO. Plus, I predict most people will pick the Riders, and I don't want to go against the grain on this one. Riders by 9.

My picks for week 6:

Winnipeg
Montreal
Calgary
Saskatchewan

WpG
MtL
Cal
Ott

Winnipeg
Toronto
Calgary
Ottawa

Thanks BD! :slight_smile:

Winnipeg
Toronto
Calgary
Saskatchewan

WINN.
Mont.
Cal.
Sask.

Thanks Dave

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Montreal
B.C. @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa

Winnipeg
Montreal
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Thanks BigDave!

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Montreal
BC @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa

Winnipeg @ Hamilton - Hamilton has things back on track with balance on Offense & a solid D. They'll have to be stout against Grigsby who's running well for the Bombers & make sure they're aware of O'Shea's ST's trickery! Hamilton wins at home again in a very close game.

Toronto @ Montreal - Can I pick anyone else here? U of T? McGill? This could go any of a number of ways based on the way these teams are playing. I'm thinking Montreal with the extra preparation coming off the bye week. ALS get to Ray & turnovers tip the balance. Montreal at home.

B.C. @ Calgary - Game of the week here. Does Calgary get it's Offense going? Will Glenn get back on track? Real tough call here. But I think I'll stay with the unbeaten at home. Calgary wins with better special teams & ball protection.

Saskatchewan @ Ottawa - Battle of Riders Rough! Don't see much of a contest here unfortunately. Saskatchewan will run the ball down Ottawa's throats & out the other end. Riders' strength in the trenches on both sides dominates this game. Saskatchewan wins BIG & early!

Hamilton, Montreal & Calgary at home. Saskatchewan on the road.

Please put me down for The Ti-cats, Argos, stamps, riders.

Thanks,

......Bombers
.......T.O.
........Stamps
.........Sask.

Winnipeg
Toronto
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Montreal
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Thanks!

1. 8) Winnipeg 8) 2) :rockin: Montreal :rockin: 3) :cowboy: Calgary :cowboy: 4) :lol: Saskatchewan :lol: