Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 6

No surprises last week, as 36 people went 4-0. Let's see if this week can be as predictable.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 6:
Saskatchewan @ Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Calgary @ B.C.

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in any time, but the later you join, the more difficult it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Winnipeg if Pierce plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal- I'm hoping for a close game, but I fear this one could get ugly, fast... Montreal by 10

Toronto @ Edmonton- tough one to call... but I see the Esks winning a second one at home.. Esks by 3

Winnipeg @ Hamilton- another close one, but the Tabbies should be tougher at home... Cats by 3

Calgary @ BC-- Stamps should win this one easily... Stamps by 14

Saskatchewan @ Montreal: Could go either way, and the Als are hard to beat at Molson Stadium. However, all home streaks must end, and I am still not sold on Montreal's pass coverage, particularly against the deep ball. The Riders win a close one.

Toronto @ Edmonton: Esks have finally remembered how to win, and they're at home. A slow, ugly, low-scoring affair.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: Might have to change this pick if Pierce is healthy by game day, but as long as he's out, I'll take the Cats turning things around in their own backyard.

Calgary @ B.C.: I just can't see a Wally team losing five in a row. The Lions need a win at Empire field and will get it via big plays on defense and possibly special teams. My sleeper pick for the week.

Kind of disappointing after going 4-0 to find out that all you managed to do was keep pace with everyone else. Maybe this will be my breakout week.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal: A rematch of the classic season opener. I guess it's too much to hope for that this game will be as exciting, but if it's even half as good I'll be happy. Of course as a Ticat fan I'll be cheering for the Riders, but it's not likely that the Alouettes will be swept by any team, and losses at home are few and far between. Als by 9.

Toronto @ Edmonton: This hurts me. I like Edmonton, and I can't stand the Argos. But the Argos have shown some promise this year, while Edmonton has struggled, to say the least. Last week's win saved their coach's job for at least a week, but it didn't save their GM. Will the team rally around their new GM? I've never heard of that happening before. Argos break the home-team streak with a 4-point win, though I'd be thrilled if I'm wrong.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: Both these teams are struggling for respectability. They've already played each other twice, with the home team winning decisively both times. No reason to expect anything different here. Winnipeg is still using their backup QB, while Hamilton is finding ways to lose in spite of some good defence and putting up big numbers against the Riders. They need to stop allowing 7 field goals per game, and I'm betting they'll manage that here. Cats by 6.

Calgary @ B.C.: The Lions have yet to impress this season. Calgary is better with Rambo back in the lineup, but they still only managed a 3-point win at home against the Bombers. With the way the teams are playing now, Calgary will get a home playoff game, but only because they share the division with Edmonton and these Lions. Stamps by 8.

MTL
EDM
HAM
CGY

As much as it pains me to pick the Riders not to win ( would love to be wrong ) my picks to win in week 6 are

MTL
EDM
HAM
CGY

Montreal - Good game but Montreal is too strong
Toronto - Easy call
Hamilton - Hamilton I know is still better than their record shows
B.C. - I can not believe we'd lose 5 in a row

Saskatchewan @ Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Calgary @ B.C.

For this week;

Saskatchewan at Montreal - MONTREAL
Toronto at Edmonton - EDMONTON
Winnipeg at Hamilton - HAMILTON
Calgary at B.C. Lions - CALGARY

Saskatchewan @ Montreal - I’d love to be wrong on this one though :slight_smile:
Toronto @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Calgary @ B.C. - Another pick I’d love to be wrong on.

Montreal
Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary

Saskatchewan
Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary

OK

Saskatchewan
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Calgary

Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Saskatchewan @ Montreal - Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton - Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Hamilton - Winnipeg
Calgary @ BC - Calgary

Fell out of first last week, here's hoping for a better week!

Montreal over Saskatchewan - The Als just dont lose at home.

Toronto
over Edmonton - I dont think the Esks have turned it around yet...

Hamilton over Winnipeg - The Cats are definately better than the record shows...(I guess you could say the same for the Peg too though)

Calgary over BC - Burris is starting to roll, and Lulay isnt done taking his lumps yet.

Good luck everyone!

To win

Montreal
Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary

Alouettes
Eskimos
Tiger-Cats
Stampeders

Montreal :lol:
Edmonton :o