Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 6

Congratulations to PIGSEYE and Blue_Dragoon, who managed to go 4-0 in a tough week.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 6:
Hamilton @ Montreal
B.C. @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Everyone is welcome to participate. To join in, just start making picks. Pick the teams you think will win each game as a response to this thread. While discussion is encouraged, please make your picks clear at a glance. Picks must be in before the scheduled kickoff time in order to be considered for any game. You can see a complete list of the rules here.

Good Luck!

Monteal
BC
Toronto
Calgary

Okay, I'm slowly moving up the list. Taking a couple of chances this week.

Hamilton @ Montreal: Both teams are on a three-game losing streak. Lumsden could be a huge factor, if he gets the ball more than 10 times, but Hamilton's defence worries me as a fan. Hard to pick, but with Montreal at home, I'm going with the Als by 1.

B.C. @ Edmonton: B.C. has won three in a row, and may be back on their way towards the top of the standings. Edmonton is back at home after a road trip in which they lost to the Argos and barely beat the Tiger-cats. The loss of Tucker may be the clincher. Lions by 5.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: The Bombers finally got their first win, but I don't think they're that good. At least they're not good enough to win in Toronto (and you must know how hard it is for me to say that!) Argos by 4.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: Here it is, the end of the string. We know the Riders will lose eventually, and that it will probably be on the road against a good team. This game meets all the criteria. Stamps by a field goal.

Hamilton
BC
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

Montreal
BC
Toronto
it hurts like hell to say this but Calgary

Hamilton @ Montreal
B.C. @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
winners in bold

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Calgary

ALS.....over Ti-Cats

LIONS....over Esks

BOMBERS

....over Argos

STAMPS....over Riders

Hamilton @ Montreal - Montreal

B.C. @ Edmonton - BC

Winnipeg @ Toronto - Winnipeg

Saskatchewan @ Calgary - Saskatchewan, how come everybody forgets about the defense, and Crandell will be back. Riders win in a close 1.

Hamilton @ Montreal: Montreal will be hungry at home after losing 3 in a row. Williams will inject some life into the Ticats anemic offence and pass for the first cat TD of the year. The game will be closer than people think. Als by 6

BC @ Edmonton: BC has had a very tough time winning games in Edmonton over the past few years. A sunny forecast for Thursday night means this won't be a rain-out like last years game, which had both teams relying on the ground game. Expect a high passing and high scoring affair with either Campbell or Stamps stepping up in Tucker's absence. Esks by 3.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Dinwiddie continues to impress in an underdog upset. Roberts should break out of his slump against a poor Argo run defence if he has any chance of ever returning to form. Winnipeg by 5.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: Eventually too many injuries catch up to you. The Riders will rely on Cates most of the game with their top two receivers out; but he will not be able to keep up with the stamps strong passing game. Stamps in a blowout.

Darn. When that Hamilton receiver caught the ball and made a break for the endzone (2nd last play of the game) I thought that I had just scored my second major upset of the week! Just out of bounds…sigh. Oh well, 3-1 is still worth taking!

Montreal - I really want to take Hamilton, but I’m just not convinced. I feel like they should have a better record, but they don’t, so I’ll go with the favourites and home team.

Edmonton - I’m going against the grain here. They’re at home, Jackson is inconsistent, and I think the Eskimoes will be revved up to win one for Tucker.

Toronto - I think? Maybe? Didn’t actually see the Winnipeg game last week, so I’m not sure how to rank them. This is a pure guess.

Saskatchewan - My head says it’s time for them to lose, but they’re 5-0 and have shown a resiliency that’s impressive. Plus if I picked Calgary and Sask won, I’d feel like I had betrayed my team! Gotta go with the hottest team around.

Thanks, BD.

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Calgary

Hamilton @ Montreal
B.C. @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Going for a new strategy, picking all the teams I hope lose this week :wink:

Hamilton @ Montreal
B.C. @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Here goes nothing :cry:

Montreal: not picking Hamilton until they prove me wrong. No more wasted picks on Hamilton :twisted:

BC: coming on strong. Could be a close one but I'm not convinced the Esks are for real...yet.

Winnipeg: Dinwiddie!

Calgary: No way Riders go 6-0!

There you have it!

Swah

MONTREAL Over Hamilton. Montreal are the victims of some bad breaks to lose their last two. The Montreal Defense should feast on a hapless Hamilton Offense. MONTREAL By 16

BC Over Edmonton. I originally wanted to call this one a split, but the injury to Tucker is a key one and takes an Offensive weapon away from Ricky Ray. BC’s front four should be keeping the preasure on Ray all night. BC by 6

WINNIPEG Over Toronto. This is my upset special of the week. Just a gut feeling. WINNIPEG by 3

CALGARY Over Saskatchewan. Calgary is at home, and the injury bug is hitting Saskatchewan. Riders have to lose a few this year. This is one of them. CALGARY By 5

Montreal
Edmonton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Big Dave:

A bit of humility, with a 2-2 week. I'm sorry but I just can't select your Tiger Cats anymore, that is until they show me they can win a close game in the fourth quarter. Here are my selections:

1. Hamilton @ Montreal- The Tiger Cats have to show something by winning a close game in the fourth quarter. It won't happen this week, Montreal is home and ready to win again. I'm taking Montreal by 6 points.

2. BC Lions @ Edmonton- With three wins in a row, it appears the Lions are starting to play better, while Edmonton lost two weeks ago and barely beat Hamilton last week. That's all I need to know, I'm taking the BC Lions by 4 points.

3. Winnipeg @ Toronto- Winnipeg finally broke into the win column with a last second touchdown, but this week being on the road may prove to be too much for them. I'm playing a hunch and taking Toronto by 3 points.

4. Saskatchewan @ Calgary- The unbeaten streak ends this week, since the Riders have so many players hurt and it's really hard to beat the Stamps at home, where they are usually outstanding. I'm taking Calgary by 9 points.

This should be a better week than last, and maybe I'll move up a bit in the standings as a result.

ok well this is going to be my last week picking Hamilton to win (unless they really do win this week)

Hamilton @ Montreal: I dont think Casey's thumb will be well enough for him to start on thursday. So i have this really really crazy feeling that Ritche Williams will play very well against the als. Add in the Jesse Lumsden factor and the Ti-cats should score somewhere in the high 20's (maybe low 30's). The the hamilton Defence just needs to play like they did last week and Hamilton will take this one.

B.C @ Edmonton: No Jason Tucker, No Fred Perry, and no running game for the eskimos. Add in the fact that B.C is on fire.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Hopefully Ryan Dinwiddie repeats last weeks performance.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: No Flick, No Fantuz, No Durant. It might be hard for Saskatchewan to generate enough offence to win this game. And they might need lots of offence becaue Calgary's offence is so highpowered

montreal
BC
winnipeg
calgary