Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 6

Five games this week:

Toronto @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Calgary @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto

To make your picks, just reply to this thread and predict the winners.

To change your picks, post a new reply. Please dont edit your old post, as I may not notice the change.

To join in, just start making picks. As the standings are based on the number of correct picks throughout the season, its getting harder and harder for new participants to compete, so dont wait too long to join in.

And please keep in mind that this is not my job. I dont get paid for this, I do it for fun…my own as well as yours. It is time-consuming, but you wont hear me complain. I dont do it for accolades, though I am glad to see that most people appreciate it. But I am human, and will occasionally make mistakes. If I do, please be patient with me and simply point out my error. Ill check it out and make the change if necessary. To minimize the chance of my making an error, I would appreciate it if those of you who go into great detail about who will win and why, would do something to make your pick clear. Some people bold the name of the winner, some (like me) list the winners at the end, or whatever…any way that I can just glance at your post and know which teams youre picking. Thanks.

And good luck!

Oh brother, 2-2 again. I guess it’s going to be a slow crawl back up the list.

Toronto @ Montreal: Toronto’s coming off a bye, which should help them. But Montreal’s coming off a loss, which will hurt Toronto. I don’t think these Als are anywhere near as good as the ones from previous years, but few visitors come out of Molson with two points. Montreal in a low-scoring, close one.

Ottawa @ Saskatchewan: The Riders are unbeaten at home, and the Renegades are winless on the road. The Riders are coming off a loss to a team they should have beaten, and the Renegades are coming off an almost-win to a team that should have clobbered them. Both these factors lead to one pick: Riders in a romp.

Calgary @ B.C.: Calgary’s win over the Riders has them pumped up. Most of B.C.’s wins have been games they could just as easily have lost. I’m very tempted to go with the Stamps, but Burris is hot and cold, and I think he’s due to be cold again. Lions in a squeaker.

Hamilton @ Edmonton: I know Hamilton’s not as bad as their record indicates. And I don’t think Edmonton’s as good as their record indicates. Think about it: all of the Eskimos’ four wins have been against Winnipeg and Ottawa. And the last two could have gone either way. I think Hamilton can beat Edmonton, but they probably won’t do it at Commonwealth. Edmonton in a close one.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Toronto will be just coming off a demoralizing loss to the Alouettes just days earlier. Winnipeg’s still got that surprising win with those same Als fresh in their minds. But come back down to earth, guys. This is the Argo defence, and you’re not scoring 51 points against them. Of course, their offence isn’t scoring 46 against you either. I’m picking a much lower-scoring game, in which the Argo D scores one major and sets up another, and in which those two TDs are the difference in, say, a 12-point Argo win.

Summary: Montreal over Toronto, Saskatchewan over Ottawa, B.C. over Calgary, Edmonton over Hamilton, and Toronto over Winnipeg.

Have I missed five weeks of this already???
Here goes...
Toronto
Sask
BC
Moses in da house!
Toronto

And thanks BD for your commitment......and BTW, still don't want Maas? I was in the cosy confines of IWS last night and...McManus is through.

Montreal over Toronto
Saskatchewan over Ottawa (picking my fave, even though Ottawa could easily pull this one off - especially if Sask plays like they did last night)
BC over Calgary
Edmonton over Hamilton
Toronto over Winnipeg (but could be really close, since the Argos will likely be tired and bruised)

Montreal
Sask.
BC
Edmonton
Winn.

Montreal
Ottawa
Calgary
Edmonton
Toronto

Thx BigDave for all that time consumption doing of yours. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will go for:
Montreal over TO :smiley:
Ottawa over Sask :x
Vancouver over Cal 8)
Eskischmoes over Hamilton :twisted:
Winnerpeg over Toronto :shock:

If Montreal would lose that game, the Als would actually go below .500, which probably hasn't happened in years, even at the beginning of seasons.

I'm picking 2 upsets, I don't usually do this, but I listen to my gut, i'm not really a football expert :

OTT vs SASK - - - SASK seems over-rated.

WPG vs TO - - - TO could get maimed in the MTL game, and with only 3 days rest, chances are the ground oriented offense of WPG will be too much for the pass defense based TO.

Montreal
Sask
BC
Edm
Winn

Montreal - I dont think they will lose twice in a row
Ottawa - Right now, Ottawas moral are high and they are playing with their hearts(I know...cheesy but its true :wink: )
BC - No way we are going to be beaten at home...and if we does get beaten, its not going to be coming from cowtown :twisted:
Edmonton - Im really sorry Hamilton...if you only have recievers that can really catch a ball
Toronto - I feel dirty right now...

Toronto @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Calgary @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto

This weeks schedule is a perfect example of why we need 10 teams.

winners in bold

Toronto @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Calgary @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto

Montreal - SHOULD be a close game. I just hope Montreal weakens Toronto.. Hehehe.

Ottawa - Saskatchewan has alot of injuired players... so, I'm gonna pick Ottawa and see what happens.

B.C. - Can Burris do it again?

Edmonton - Sorry Hamilton... You guys don't look good. I'd love for Hamilton to win this, but I'll pick Edmonton.

Winnipeg - Winnipeg will be pumped after that big win agaisnt the Als on Friday. GO BOMBERS! GO!

Picks in bold and good luck to everyone. Cheers.

Aww jeez! this is going to be a bad week (this is the low point in the schdular)

Montreal over Toronto
Ottawa over Sask
BC over Cal
Hamilton over Edmonton
Winnipeg over Toronto

Tor over Mtl
Sk over Ott
Bc over Cal
Edm over Ham
Tor over Win

Montreal
Saskatchewan
BC
Edmonton
Toronto

Als by 4.
Gades by 3.
B.C by 7.
Eskimos by 5.
T.O by 6.

Als over Tor...mathews will be all over the team in practice
Ott over sask..I'll say it again the green machine...overrated
Bc over Cal....This one might cost me my sport select winnings
Edm over Ham..could be very tight game
Wpg over Tor..Confidence is the key and the bombers found a big geen box full.....

Toronto @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Calgary @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto

Week 5 here we go.

Montreal hasnt been playing that well as of lately but there not gonna lose two in a row. Especially with the second game being against a team in the East. Montreal by a fieldgoal.

Ottawa is gonna give another tough tough battle this week against a good Rough Riders team (except for Calgary of course wasnt that a horrible game for the greenriders) Anyways Ottawa's got this one by a touchdown.

B.C's the only undefeated team left in the league (even after that Hamilton game where i thought we looked really good :mrgreen: by far our best game of this season so far) Anyways BC's undefeated season as of now isnt goign to change this week. Calgary had a lot of positives against a good riders team but not enough to beat whats goign to be a tough BC team. BC by at least 2 touchdowns.

As much as it hurts me to say this Edmonton is going to give my Tabbies another loss. Edmonton by 10

Toronto wont lose 2 games this week (since they've got two this one week) There gonna be a tired team but they'll beat Winnipeg never-the-less. Toronto by a touchdown.

So overall Montreal, Ottawa, B.C, Edmonton, and Toronto

good afternoon, Bonjour
my pick this week

*Montréal over Toronto
*Saskatchewan over Ottawa
*Calgary over B.C.
*Hamilton over Edmonton
*Winnipeg over Toronto

Montreal
Saskatchewan
BC
Edmonton