Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 6 & 7

Week 5 was a tough week for most of us, with several "upsets" and three of four games won by the visitors. But the first three games were decided by a total of five points, which means we saw some typically exciting CFL action. The standings are posted here.

Now we're into the bye weeks. Now that we're all used to watching copious amounts of football again, they cut our supply in half. The CFL schedule makers should be forced to take classes in addiction to learn what that kind of withdrawal can do to a person.

As usual, the bye weeks are combined into one long week. This thread will act as the thread for both weeks. You can make your picks one week at a time, or all together if you prefer. The scheduled kickoff time is still the deadline for getting your picks in. I will still post the standings after Week 6. However, a "perfect week" is only awarded to those who go 2-0 in Week 6 AND 2-0 in Week 7. (In other words, you still need to go 4-0 to get credit for a perfect week.)

For those new to the forum, here's a rundown of the rules:
To join in, just start making picks.
Reply to this thread with your picks for the games. You're encouraged to elaborate, but only the predicted winners are taken into account, and your picks must be clear at a glance without having to read a big long post. There are no conditional picks allowed.
Picks must be in by the scheduled kickoff time, or they will not be counted.
To change your picks, post a new message to the thread. Do not edit your original post.
The complete rules are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 6:
Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Toronto

And for Week 7:
Calgary @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Good luck!

Week 6
Winn.
BC.

Week 7
Ham.
Sask.

Thanks Dave

I'm making all my picks now, because I know me and I'll likely forget to pick Week 7 if I don't.

Montreal @ Winnipeg: Montreal must be very uncomfortable in third place. They will start winning again, and where better to start than against the worst team in the CFL? The home team advantage will keep it close. Als by 6.

B.C. @ Toronto: Toronto is better than they were last year, but I still don't think they're good enough to beat the Grey Cup Champs. Lions by 8.

Calgary @ Hamilton: The return of Kevin Glenn won't get nearly the press that the return of Andy Fantuz did in Week 5. Glenn is a good QB, and is playing well, but Burris is off the charts. After what happened in Regina, I will never doubt my Ticats again. Cats by 4.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: I'm still not impressed by what I've seen from Edmonton this year. Saskatchewan can't possibly choke three weeks in a row, can they? I'm guessing no, not against these Esks. Riders by 3.

Week 6....Winnipeg over Mont.
.....B.C. over T.O.

Week 7......Ham. over Cal.
......Edm. over Sask.

Here are my picks for week 6 and 7.

for Week 6:
Montreal
Toronto

And for Week 7:
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

Thanks Big Dave you rock :smiley:

Week 6:
Montreal
BC

Week 7:
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg
BC

Hamilton
Edmonton

I went a perfect 0-4 last week! :roll:

Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Toronto

And for Week 7:
Calgary @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Here are my picks:

Week 6:
Montreal over Winnipeg
BC over Toronto

Week 7:
Hamilton over Calgary
Saskatchewan over Edmonton

Thank you

Richard

Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Toronto

Calgary @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Toronto

Calgary @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Thanks BigDave. ^^

0-4! I was completely skunked last week, and I have slipped from 20th to 47th. It doesn't much better this week(s)...

Montreal - Brink is the QB that I thought he was, but Montreal is coming two consecutive losses and they still have Calvillo as their quarterback. It will be close but I think the Als have the edge.

Toronto - Toronto has looked better and better as the season has gone on, B.C. has looked inconsistant. Should be a good one though, could go either way...

Hamilton - I'm now a believer. The only easy pick in the bye weeks...

Saskatchewan - The Riders won't have a high powered offense coming back against them this week, they should win in a low scoring snoozer....

Winnipeg
Toronto

Hamilton
Edmonton

Winnipeg
Toronto

Hamilton
Sask

Montreal
BC.

Hamilton
Eskimos

For weeks 6 & 7:

Winnipeg over Montreal - mainly because they're playing at home, plus Montreal is slipping
BC over Toronto - a lot of scoring here, but BC should be able to outscore Toronto
Hamilton over Calgary - Burris vs. Glenn? Burris is firing on all cylinders. Glenn, not so much.
Saskatchewan over Edmonton - Saskatchewan is just better, as long as they play a full four quarters

Week # 6;

Montreal at Winnipeg - WINNIPEG
Lions at Toronto - TORONTO

Week # 7;

Calgary at Hamilton - HAMILTON
Roughriders at Edmonton - EDMONTON

Here are the games for Week 6:
Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Toronto

And for Week 7:
Calgary @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

WEEK 6 :

MONTREAL , wins...

Even though Winnipeg are at home , Montreal are in need of a win. Montreal , are still a better team than Winnipeg is...

TORONTO , wins...

Toronto , are at home and are becoming better with each week. B.C. , have yet to show that they are the team that won the Grey Cup last year. They have very inconsistent play.

WEEK 7 :

HAMILTON wins...

Hamilton , is at home and are the hottest team in the CFL right now and that should continue at home.
Calgary , still don't have a Q.B. , yet.

SASK. wins...

Even though SASK. , is in Edmonton [a very hard place for visiting teams to win in] I think that SASK. , will bounce back from 2 huge 4th quarter chokes. Edmonton , just lost to Winnipeg and they are not as good as their record indicates.

Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Toronto
Calgary @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton