Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

Winnipeg
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary
Ottawa
Hamilton
Toronto

So far 97% picked Ottawa, I have the other 3% :lol:

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

WooHoo a perfect week which brings me up 28 and back in the game! (been a LONG time since my last one)

Week #5 picks;

Calgary vs Winnipeg; Calgary - Winnipeg just can't get it done and Calgary has had the bye week to prepare for them. Calgary also hasn't lost coming off a bye week since 2005, so there's that as well ... Calgary by 7.

Ottawa vs Saskatchewan; Ottawa - I think this is the dangerous pick of the week. Saskatchewan has been hanging in during all of their games this year and sure they lost, but if a team takes a little time off they could get up on them. Ottawa is not that complacent yet ... Ottawa by 7. (Have to say I kinda feel for the Rider fans, but I LOVE watching Jones lose!)

Hamilton vs Edmonton; Edmonton - I think this is the tough call game of the week, but Edmonton's Defense is playing better than Hamilton's. Edmonton's Offense is also playing better than Hamilton's and probably will until Zack gets back. Give this one to Edmonton by 3.

Montreal vs Toronto; Toronto - Montreal may be better motivated by their veteran core after last weeks loss, BUT Toronto is still the better team. Toronto by 7.

BC vs Bye; BC - BC has had a good first few games and the rest should do them well. Might even give them a chance to add a few new wrinkles to keep teams "off balance". Give this one to BC.

Thank you Big Dave for running this for us all! Good Luck to all my fellow competitors!

:cowboy:

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Sigh. Yet another 50-50 week. Never counted on Durant getting injured (although in retrospect...) or on the Riders defence going to sleep. And I have no idea what to make of the Cats; which team is going to show up? Maybe the trick this year is to pick all the visitors? What a bizarre year.

My picks for week 5:

Calgary @ Winnipeg - The Stamps are yet again one of the powerhouses of the league. And the Bombers yet again are not.

Ottawa @ Saskatchewan - The Redblacks are playing incredibly well, even without their starting QB, proving that their visit to the big dance last year was no fluke. Way too many great receivers for most defences to cover. The Riders are playing fairly well, but not well enough to beat the Redblacks, especially without their starting QB.

Hamilton @ Edmonton - Flipped a coin here to see which Ticats team is going to show up. But last week proved that Austin does know how to make half time adjustments, which we haven't seen much of in the past, it seems. Not sure what to make of the Eskimos either. They come out both hot and cold in the same game. Special teams will make the difference in this one.

Montreal @ Toronto - Battle of the Titans - appropriate for a team called the Argonauts, I suppose. I guess it all depends on which Als players are still out of the game. Glenn should be back, which is in their favour, but with Green and Sutton both out (I think?), he won't have some of his favourite targets available. And will Popp mess up another challenge, maybe asking for a review of the spot of the ball on second down this time?

Winnipeg
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Thanks BD!

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Thanks!

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Toronto

These picks scare me. 3 of them are "too easy". Hopefully no upsets but I highly doubt it.

Thanks BigDave.

Meh …

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

CGY
OTT
EDM
TOR

Calgary @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Toronto

...totally sucking again, so it's time to employ the Bizarro Picks of the week

Calgary @ Winnipeg - Calgary should be the better team but BIZARRO Winnipeg wins by 3
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan - rider fans can't get into Trev's head like they could Hank's but BIZARRO the greenies get their first win by 3
Hamilton @ Edmonton - Reilly and his receivers have a field day but BIZARRO Hammy on a late drive aided by EDM penalties kicks a game winning 3 pointer
Montreal @ Toronto - the double blue smell blood in the water but BIZARRO, I dunno, Nik Lewis says a cuss word, scores a TD and Montreal wins by 3

...this is totally going to happen

Here are the picks for Leorocks1 (My son)

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Thanks BD!