Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

The standings are posted here.

To join in, start making picks. New participants may join up until the Labour Day games.
Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants' peformance in the most recent week.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now for Week 5. B.C. has the bye this week.
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Toronto

Good luck!

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Holy cow! 4-0 by picking all the visitors. I think I’m going to continue that strategy in all the tough games, though I think a couple of home teams will win this week.

Calgary @ Winnipeg: Calgary’s looking downright ordinary so far this year, but Winnipeg has looked horrible at times. Calgary beat the Bombers on Canada Day; no reason to think this will be any different. Stamps by 11.

Ottawa @ Saskatchewan: It doesn’t get any easier for the Riders, as the only team without a win faces the only team without a loss. Nothing will change in this game, especially without Durant. RedBlacks by 15.

Hamilton @ Edmonton: That’s right, I’m actually going against my Cats. I hope I’m wrong! But Hamilton has a tough time in Edmonton at the best of times, and Masoli isn’t ready for this test. Esks by 4.

Montreal @ Toronto: Again I hope I’m wrong, though I have no love for the Alouettes either. But we know about the slew of injuries on the Als lineup (it was all they talked about during the Ticat game.) Argos by 9, for their first win at BMO.

It! Is! Over! The last time I had a perfect week was Week 14 of 2014, 29 consecutive weeks with out being perfect. Finally a 4-0 week which has me catapult from 22nd to 9th. Now to continue this...

Calgary - While I don't think the Bombers are as bad their record indicates, but they are facing a much better team with the Stampeders.

Ottawa - Ottawa under Trevor Harris has been just tearing it up so far this year. The Riders have no chance in this game.

Edmonton - Until Zach Collaros is back from injury, I don't the Cats will be able to keep up with the best teams.

Toronto - Montreal is just too injury riddled to keep up with the Argos.

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Toronto

Cheers Big Dave and what a disaster sitting with a 3-12 record and officially in last spot at #62

Calgary
Saskatchewan
Edmonton
Toronto

In case you have overlooked week 5 picks for LeBird - he is absent this week

Winnipeg
Ottawa
Hamilton
Montreal

Calgary @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Toronto

hopefully this should be an easy week…

Calgary @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Toronto

Ho-hum another 2-2 week and 21st overall after week #4. Oh well, let's take a look at the games for week #5.....................

CALGARY@ Winnipeg......The Stamps are off to a rather mediocre start for them but will still have enough to beat the Willypeggers who struggle to win anywhere lately but especially when playing at home at IGF......Calgary wins by 10

OTTAWA@ Saskatchewan......It's the best vs the worst so far this season as the undefeated TWOCOLOURS take on the winless JonesRiders. I can't see this one even being close especially if Durant is out.......Ottawa wins in a walk by 21

Hamilton @ EDMONTON......I would be all over my Cats if Collaros was playing but realistically I can't see them winning this one with Masoli at the controls.........Edmonton wins this one by 6

Montreal @ TORONTO.....Welcome to Monday Night Football ? I'm thinking that the crowd for this one will make the last game at BMO look like a packed house. The Argos win this one in front of family and friends only and send the few thousand that bother to show up home with their first win at BMO........Toronto wins this one easily by 25

That's It, that's all Folks !!! and good luck once again to everyone in picking yer winners this week. :rockin:

Thanks again B-Dave for all yer hard work :slight_smile:

Calgary @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Toronto

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary
Ottawa
Edmonton