Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

I'm moving this week, and I'm not sure when I'll get online again. So I'm posting the Week 5 thread now to give you time to make your picks.

The standings will be posted at a new location when I get my new internet hookup. I'll give you the link to the standings when I get back online.

Here are the rules, in a nutshell:
Each week I will start a thread, like this one, listing the games being played that week.
To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, but the later you join the harder it will be to catch up.
To make your picks, reply to the thread, stating which teams you think will win. You can elaborate or pontificate all you want, but the predicted winners must be obvious at a glance.
In order to be accepted, your post must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff. No exceptions for any reason.
If you want to change your pick prior to game time, post another reply. DO NOT change your original post.
At the end of the week, the standings will be posted. Rankings are based on the number of correct picks, followed by the aggregate spread (point spread of games picked correctly minus point spread of games picked incorrectly), followed by the percentage of correct picks.
At the end of the season, the top 8 participants will qualify to make picks for the post-season.

And now, here are the games for Week 5:
Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
B.C. @ Toronto

Good luck!

As I said, I'm moving this week, so I'm going to try and make my picks in advance.

Edmonton @ Montreal: Montreal finally gets it together, the Esks do not. Als by 4.
Calgary @ Winnipeg: Calgary pulls out a squeaker on the road. Stamps by 2.
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton: Looking for a split of these two games. Cats by 1.
B.C. @ Toronto: The better team wins. Lions by 4.

My picks for week 5 are:

Montreal over Edmonton.
Calgary over Winnipeg.
Saskatchewan over Hamilton.
BC over Toronto.

Thank you.

Richard

..I'm on a motorbike trip through BC this week, so here's my picks way in advance

Toronto
BC
Sask

Thanks Big Dave for putting up the picks for week 5.

Good luck with your move BD :smiley:

And here are my for Week 5:
Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
B.C.

Thanks BD!

The Cats are on the road this week.

Yes, but they are at home the following week, which is what this thread is for.

...holey moley I picked the wrong week, revised picks man:

Montreal
Calgary
Toronto

Montreal
Calgary
Saskatchewan
B.C.

MONT.
WINN.
SASK.
BC.

Thanks Dave

Montreal
Calgary
Saskatchewan
B.C.

1. :twisted: Toronto :twisted: 2) :P Winnipeg :P 3) 8) Saskatchewan 8) 4) :thup: B.C. :thup:

Good Luck with your move Big Dave and thanks for doing this VGCC for us!

Week #5 Predictions (making them prior to week #4, so I might change my mind, but here goes);

Montreal vs Edmonton: Montreal - After Last weeks loss (or at least I'm predicting a loss), Edmonton is finally playing desperate football ... unfortunately, so is Montreal. Montreal in a "close" one (or at least a hard fought game).

Calgary vs Winnipeg: Calgary - Calgary has started establishing themselves as they should have from the begining of the season. Huffnagel continues the "Drew Tate" experiment and this time it pays off. Unfortunately with two strong defensive rushing teams, both Buck Pierce and Drew Tate are injured (possibly on the same play) and out for the remainder of the season (Good thing Calgary has a back up QB ... Sorry Winnipeg, better luck next year!).

Saskatchewan vs Hamilton: Hamilton - Since I'm guessing I predicted a Saskatchewan loss one week too early, it comes in the rematch this week, same reasons as previously stated.

B.C. vs Toronto: Toronto - Toronto wins this one, very close game (last minute win) the vetran Ricky Ray won't lose twice in a row to B.C.

:cowboy:
:cowboy:

Montreal, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto

:rockin: Riders likely won't win them all and Durant is hurt. So... time to lose one is now not later!

Rider Pride Nation Wide.

Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
B.C. @ Toronto

Esks at Als - MONTREAL
Cal. at Bombers - CALGARY
Riders at Ti-Cats - HAMILTON
Lions at Argos - TORONTO

First of all....Good luck with your move big Dave. If I was in your area I would help out but it is a looooong drive from Calgary.

Edmonton @ Montreal - Montreal
Calgary @ Winnipeg - Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton - Hamilton
B.C. @ Toronto - Toronto.

Mont.
Wpg.
Sask.
T.O.

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
B.C.

:lol: now that's a prediction! I like it.

Montreal
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
BC

high chance I'll change my mind after Week 4 games but here they are for now.