Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

Week 4 is in the books. The standings are posted here.

For those new to the forum, here's a rundown of the rules:
To join in, just start making picks.
Reply to this thread with your picks for the games. You're encouraged to elaborate, but only the predicted winners are taken into account, and your picks must be clear at a glance without having to read a big long post. There are no conditional picks allowed.
Picks must be in by the scheduled kickoff time, or they will not be counted.
To change your picks, post a new message to the thread. Do not edit your original post.
The complete rules are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 5:
Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Montreal
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Calgary

Good luck!

I don't know what I'm more excited about: my Cats beating Montreal to take over first place in the East, or moving into a tie for 20th in the pool.

Who am I kidding? It's the Cats!!

Edmonton @ Winnipeg: Brink doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in this league. (Then again, the last guy I said that about was Danny McManus, so I guess even I can be wrong from time to time.) They might have a chance, being a home game against a team with question marks at QB, but picking the Bombers is a gamble I'm not willing to take. Esks by 6.

Toronto @ Montreal: The Als are stinging after their loss to Hamilton, and the Argos may be a little over-confident after squeaking past the eighth-place Bombers. Toronto has yet to impress me, having failed to beat a team without an injured starter at QB. As long as Calvillo stays healthy, there should be no problem here. Als by 12.

Hamilton @ Saskatchewan: This is not the same Hamilton team that was embarrassed by these Riders in Week 1. Their offence has started to gel, as evidenced by Henry Burris' 90% completion rate, 360 yards and 4 TD against Montreal. We're beginning to see the team people were talking about in the off-season. Plus, it's worked for me the last two weeks, so I'm going to sink or swim with these guys. Cats by 11.

B.C. @ Calgary: B.C. is too good to drop three in a row. Kevin Glenn is good, but inconsistent. We've seen Good Kevin two weeks in a row; that was an anomaly when he played here. Everything I look at points to B.C. in this one. Lions by 9.

Ugh... another 1-3 week. At this rate I'm going to resemble Ti-Cat teams pre-Bob Young. Week 5 picks..

Edmonton over Winnipeg
Montréal over Toronto
Saskatchewan over Hamilton
B.C. over Calgary

Thanks again, BD.

Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Montreal
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Calgary

My picks for week 5:

Edmonton - Bombers will have to show me that they are worth picking by winning
Montreal- after a loss in Hamilton, they will pound on the Argos at home
Saskatchewan - they will rebound after letting one get away in Calgary
BC - I think this one could be close, but BC wins

My week 5 picks in this league of parity (well, except the Bombers):

Edmonton over Winnipeg - being their home opener might give the Bombers a bit of a lift, but no
Toronto over Montreal - flipped a coin on this one (probably better than the way I've been picking so far :? )
Hamilton over Saskatchewan - Ticats offence has started to gel, and their d-line is getting better as well
BC over Calgary - Good Kevin showed up last week, so it's Bad Kevin's turn this week

Big Dave.week 5 are very close games.

its hard to pick these teams this week.

Here are my picks for Week 5:
Edmonton
Montreal
Hamilton
B.C.

/quote]

Thanks Big Dave you rock :?

Thanks again Big Dave

Edmonton OVER Winnipeg
No brainer here Bombers still trying to work Brink into system, another lopsided affair Bomber home opener. Esks win 36-13
Montreal OVER Toronto
Two teams at 2-2 tied for 1st, if the East continues to play out like this, each divisional matchup will become more and more important. It's a shootout in Montreal as they pull it off 34-29
Saskatchewan OVER Hamilton
This is a tough one, Hamilton is NOT the same team they were in week 1 there alot better, some positives out of last game is that our offense is capable of scoring points. Riders take it in the game of the week 38-36
Calgary OVER BC
BC has puzzled me, they start off defending GC champs and go 2-0 out of the gate, they've kind of chocked last 2 games all vs divisonal opponents that continues this week as Calgary takes it 25-20

My picks for week 5 are:

Edmonton over Winnipeg
Montreal over Toronto
Hamilton over Saskatchewan
Calgary over BC

Thank you

Richard

Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan
Calgary

This is the toughest week for picks so far this season.

Let's go with

Winnipeg
Montreal
Sask
BC

Edmonton
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

I'm within striking distance of the leaders BigDave! Good Luck this week!

Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Okay I hate second guessing myself, but something tells me the Als are gonna lose at home.

Edmonton
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Winnipeg
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Week #5 picks,

Edmonton at Winnipeg - EDMONTON
Toronto at Montreal - MONTREAL
Hamilton at Sask. - SASKATCHEWAN