Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

The standings are now posted here. If the old standings show up, click your browser's REFRESH button, and you should see the current ones.

Here are the games for Week 5:
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Saskatchewan

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though the later in the season you join, the harder it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Calgary if Burris plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

B.C. @ Winnipeg: This is a tough call because I'm still not completely sold on Winnipeg. Not that they aren't a good team, but they are relying heavily on Buck Pierce who we all know is just one hard hit away from the 9-game injured list. At the same time it's hard to pick the Lions to get their first win in one of the toughest stadiums in the country. Bombers by 5.

Montreal @ Hamilton: I think Hamilton has shown they've recovered their competitive edge, and I believe they can put up a good game against the elite teams. But to win one against Montreal? That's a big leap of faith. Being in Hamilton this should be a good game, but I've got to be a realist. Als by 2.

Toronto @ Edmonton: This all boils down to one thing: The Argos have no quarterback, and the Eskimos have one of the best. No contest here. Esks by 15.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan: I'm posting this before I know the outcome of the Riders/Als game, but I'm assuming the green and white will be going into this game looking for their first win. Calgary played well against the Eskimos, but came away empty. Burris and company are just too good for Greg Marshall's crew. Stamps by a dozen.

BC/Winnipeg- Better Defence will win them the game.

Montreal/Hamilton- Hamilton improved but not enough to beat Montreal just yet.

Toronto/Edmonton- Easy pick of the week? I hope so...

Calgary/Saskatchwan- Lets go Riders! :rockin:

Take your time with the standings. I'm in no rush to see how far I fall. :lol:

B.C. @ Winnipeg
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Saskatchewan

Week #5;

Lions at Bombers - WINNIPEG
Alouettes at Ti-Cats - MONTREAL
Argonauts at Eskimos - EDMONTON
Stampeders at Roughriders - SASKATCHEWAN :cowboy:

Thanks Big Dave

Winnipeg
Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Riders are turning it around.

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Montreal Alouettes
Edmonton Eskimos
Saskatchewan Roughriders :cowboy:

You forgot your obligatory abstain. :wink:

Hey the abstinence would have had me a winning record this past week, like the last time I abstained, if Montreal had not blown it even without Calvillo. :x They have 1/3 of a team there with only some offence.

Anyway I'm getting to know the teams better now and I don't do it much anyway, but if it's a coin flip whether VGCC or otherwise, I just don't gamble.

Both games on which I have abstained so far went down to near the end, so I got that much right. :slight_smile:

B.C. @ Winnipeg - Reality has hit: BC are bad starters.
Montreal @ Hamilton - Montreal is not losing two games back-to-back.
Toronto @ Edmonton - I think Edmonton might finally lose one. Mike O'Shea magic!
Calgary @ Saskatchewan - Calgary's got two of the league's best coordinators, an amazing QB and receivers like Bryant, Lewis and Rambo. They can't keep being lousy.

gamble? not like there is any money riding on it

One you have lived in Vegas and been there done that (and won more than lost too), there is no getting it out of you.

It's the same instinct whether money is riding on it or not after you have done it enough. :lol:

I might start posting some NFL Vegas lines and my picks for a few weeks early in the season this year too if I'm feelin' it. :wink:

Calgary
Montreal
Toronto
BC

I really feel BC will finally get one this week. I cannot see Montreal loosing two in a row. Toronto will hopefully suprise edmotnon. i know its a long shot. But i need Toronto to win to keep the stamps in striking distsance. if they can get the act together.

B.C. @ Winnipeg
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Saskatchewan

Coming off an 0-fer week, hopefully things improve.

B.C.
Montreal
Edmonton
Calgary

As of Sunday afternoon I thought these picks would be easy: Esks and Als at 4-0 would win again, Lions and Riders at 0-4 would lose again, and that covered all four games.

Now, not so much... :? Better see how AC is before I decide.

My pick for week 5:

BC @ Winnipeg- Winnipeg has the better D, and if Buck can get the offence clicking it won't even be close-- Bumbers by 10

Montreal @ Hamilton- I will take the Cats at home for the upset, no matter if Calvillo plays or not- Cats by 7

Toronto @ Edmonton- This one is going to be over early-- Esks by 21

Calgary @ Saskatchewan- Riders looked much better all around in Montreal... but I think this one will be close.. Riders by 1

Winnipeg
Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg
Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan