Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

Rough week last week, as some surprise outcomes had some lopsided scores.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 5:
Toronto @ Montreal
B.C. @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan
Winnipeg @ Calgary

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in any time, but the later you join, the more difficult it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Winnipeg if Pierce plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

No elaboration today, just the winners.
MTL
EDM
SASK
CAL

Toronto @ Montreal-- a battle between two 3-1 teams.. Montreal will bring the Argos back down to earth.. Monteal by 10

BC @ Edmonton-- tough one to choose... I believe that the Eskimos finally win this season.. but not by much.. Esks by 2

Hamilton @ Saskatchewan-- I believe that the Cats will be in tough-- Riders will be prepared for this one.. Riders by 7

Winnipeg @ Calgary-- Stamps are a better team than many thought, and proved it last week.. Stamps by 10

Toronto @ Montreal
B.C. @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan
Winnipeg @ Calgary

Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Toronto @ Montreal
B.C. @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan
Winnipeg @ Calgary

Monteal
BC
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Week 5 picks:

Montreal over Toronto
B.C. over Edmonton
Saskatchewan over Hamilton
Calgary over Winnipeg

Thanks, BD.

Well I got my 3-1 week, but I was hoping it was Montreal not Saskatchewan that was the one loss. The Saskatchewan loss also stopped a streak of 9 correct picks, oh well. On the positive I've moved from 24th to 14, only 2 wins behind the leaders now. Here's to another 3-1 week....

Montreal - The battle of two first place teams, who would've thunk it? Toronto is good, just not good enough to topple the champs...yet...

B.C. - And now the battle of the bottom feeders. Edmonton is easily the worst team this year, but it's not why I'm picking B.C., in this battle, always bet on the road team...

Saskatchewan - I think this will be close, but the edge goes to the home team.

Calgary - This is a real coin flip game, Jyles is every bit the QB I thought he was, but the Stamps just dismantled the Riders at home. Have to respect Calgary when playing at McMahon...

......MONTREAL over Argos.........back to earth for Barker and gang
........B.C. over Esks...................too many problems at the igloo has Wally lickin his chops
.........SASK. over Cats...................riders are going to be mean after getting rode over by the cowboys
..........WINNIPEG over Stamps..............Bombers are starting to roll....

Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Tho after the past 2 weeks, I'm not terribly confident in my pick-making abilities :lol:

Picks for week 5;

Toronto at Montreal - MONTREAL
Lions at Edmonton - EDMONTON
Hamilton at Sask. - SASKATCHEWAN
Winnipeg at Calgary - CALGARY

Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Thanks! :cowboy: :cowboy:

Toronto @ Montreal - Montreal
BC @ Edmonton - BC
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan
Winnipeg @ Calgary - Calgary

Here are my picks.....looking to stay on top!

Montreal over Toronto....TO is for real, just not that real

BC over Edmonton....The Esks are in trouble!

Saskatchewan over Hamilton.....I think the Riders got a wake-up call!

Calgary over Winnipeg...It pains me to say, but the Stamps may be the best team in the league.

Big Dave, as always, thank you for doing this!

Toronto :roll:
Edmonton :o
Hamilton :lol:
Calgary :rockin:

Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg

Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Calgary