Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

The season, and the VGCC, are now well under way. A couple of surprises last week, but we still ended the week above .500, and a couple of people managed perfect weeks. As usual, the standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 5:

Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

You can join in at any time. Pick the teams you think will win in a reply to this thread. You can elaborate if you want, but please make it easy for me to see at a glance which teams you are picking to win.
Picks MUST be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff in order to be considered for a game.
To change your pick prior to a game's scheduled kickoff, POST ANOTHER REPLY to the same thread. Please don't EDIT your picks once you have made them.
You can view a more complete list of all the rules here.

Good luck!

Here is my picks;

Montreal at Edmonton....Eskies
B.C. Lions at Hamilton....Tiger Cats
Winnipeg at Toronto.... Argo's
Sask. at Calgary.... Stamperders

Cheers.

Montreal @ Edmonton
BC @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Montreal @ Edmonton = Montreal
B.C. @ Hamilton = BC
Winnipeg @ Toronto = Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary = Calgary

Montreal
Hamilton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Montreal - No brainer
Hamilton - I really hate to say this but yeah, we'll be 1-4
Toronto - LaFors better enjoy losing
Calgary - Calgary finally is waking up

Montreal @ Edmonton ..... Montreal wins this easily
B.C. @ Hamilton ........... Going with the Cats at home - when was the last time Hamilton was favored lol ?
Winnipeg @ Toronto ......Toronto should win this one
Saskatchewan @ Calgary ...pains me to say but Stamps win this one at home.

Winners only.

Montreal
BC
Toronto
Calgary

thx Dave

My picks for week 5:

Montreal
BC
Toronto
Calgary

Like the Jeffersons, "I'm movin' on up!" I suppose that kinda "dates" me, eh?

Wow! How bout Edmonton against the Riders! Nice domination of the second half! Still, can't see them beating the Als although it might be close.
Hamilton is improving with every game but BC walks all over them this week.
Winnipeg is in disaray while the Argos are starting to get their "stuff" together.
Calgary is starting to click while the Riders have been inconsistent in the past two weeks.

Thanks BD!

Spezza got married on the weekend but where was Dani?
Can't wait until 26 Aug to find out if Ottawa City Council has any "CFL" vision!

Week 4 was much better for me.
This week, I'll go with Montreal, Hamilton, Toronto and Calgary. I think this is the first time I've ever picked Hamilton, but they look improved.

Montreal
Hamilton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Montreal
Hamilton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Going a bit on emotion this week.

2-2 last week, just like my Tiger-cats. And like my Tiger-cats, I’m not out of it yet.

Montreal @ Edmonton: Edmonton played a helluva game on Saturday. Coming back from way behind to win what turned out to be a nailbiter made that probably the most exciting game of the season so far. Problem is, now they’re facing Montreal, and they don’t allow come-from-behinds quite so easily. Give Montreal a 22-point lead, and you’ll be down by 40 before you know it. The Als, meanwhile, had to put in some effort for the first time this year, in a game that was one dropped ball from cutting their lead to a single touchdown. They’ve no doubt addressed what they perceive was their “weakness”. Not likely to be the blowout it was the last time these two met, but still pretty convincing. Als by 11.

B.C. @ Hamilton: Dare I say it? Is it possible that for the first time in years, Hamilton is a better team than B.C.? Can the Tiger-cats actually sweep the Lions? It seems strange, but the magic 8-ball says “All signs point to ‘YES’!” B.C. is 1-3, and looked terrible in their loss to the Stamps at home last week. Hamilton is 2-2, and were able to stay in the game on the road against Montreal – so far the only team that has been able to do that. More importantly, Hamilton beat B.C. in Vancouver in Week 2, time-zone factor and all. This team is for real, but I still think a lot of teams, including the Lions, don’t think so. They’re in for a surprise. Cats by 6.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Yay! The game against Winnipeg and Toronto was so terrible last week, let’s watch it again! The two teams looked like they both wanted to lose; Toronto got the W because Winnipeg wanted to lose more. They could not move the ball at all, even when given the ball by their defence deep in Argo territory. Toronto didn’t look much better, but were able to find the end zone once and get in field goal range a few more times. Winnipeg’s main problem was their lack of a quarterback. Whether Bishop signed in time to play, or in time to learn the offence enough to be effective, is difficult to say. He will improve the team, but by Saturday? I don’t know. But he made an immediate impact in Saskatchewan last year, and I’m betting he’ll do it again. Bombers by 1 in another snooze-fest.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: It’s very exciting when a team comes from way behind to win a game. Problem is, for every team that does that, there’s another team that blows a big lead and loses. (Funny that the Riders and Blue Jays both did that on the same day!) Hopefully the Riders learned that you can’t just sit back for three quarters just because you have a big lead. But I don’t think that’ll be an issue in this game. The Stamps are one of the dominant teams in the league right now, and if the Riders can keep it close, they may have a shot. I’m hoping they will make a game of it, but I still expect Calgary to get the win. Stamps by 4.

Edmonton
B.C.
Winnipeg
Calgary

Edmonton
Hamilton
Toronto
Calgary

Hi Big Dave, I'm going to post and change one of my picks:

Montreal vs Edmonton... Eskies just in case, as the game is on a grass field.
B.C. vs Hamilton.....Lions as they/or are due to break loose.
Winnipeg vs Toronto...Argo's because last games win was not a fluke.
Sask. vs Calgary...Stampeders can see first place and should cover the spread.

Cheers.

MONTREAL Over Edmonton...Montreal looks so strong in all aspects of thier game other than punting.....MONTREAL by 8

BC Over Hamilton...wake up call for BC. I think this will go down to the wire. BC by 1

CALGARY Over Saskatchewan.... Finally, we saw the Calgary team I expected. Saskatchewan has no QB. CALGARY By 8

WINNIPEG Over Toronto......Teams usually split home and home so since Toronto won last week, its Winnipegs turn this week. Drink lots of coffee for this low scoring snoozefest. WINNIPEG by 3