Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

Week 4 was the best one so far, as our correct picks outnumbered incorrect ones by more than two to one.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 5:
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Edmonton @ Hamilton
Montreal @ B.C.
Toronto @ Saskatchewan

Everyone is welcome to participate. To join in, just start making picks. Pick the teams you think will win each game as a response to this thread. While discussion is encouraged, please make your picks clear at a glance. Picks must be in before the scheduled kickoff time in order to be considered for any game. You can see a complete list of the rules here.

Good Luck!

My climb up the charts continues. 2-2 won’t win any championships, but it’s a start. Now’s my chance to go 4-0! Kind of a short week, so I’d better make my picks before I forget.

Calgary @ Winnipeg: Winnipeg is struggling, and has just lost the cornerstone of their defence for what may be the season. Calgary will exploit that just as they did to Hamilton’s weak D. Stamps by 15.

Edmonton @ Hamilton: Edmonton is on a short week, on an extended road trip, and facing Jesse Lumsden. If the Esks couldn’t beat the Argos, it’s hard to believe they can beat Hamilton. Ticats by 4.

Montreal @ B.C.: The Lions seem to have found their swagger again, even if their only wins were against the worst team in the CFL. Montreal will prove a bigger challenge, and this should be the game of the week. Lions by 2.

Toronto @ Saskatchewan: Eventually Saskatchewan will lose, that’s a given; but it probably won’t be at home, and it probably won’t be against the Argos. Cates will have a field day. Riders by 9.

...third place eh?...I am the pimento in a jar of olives...

Calgary
Hamilton
BC
Saskatchewan

Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan

...hello there olive...

This is the week of gambles for me!

I'll take..

Winnipeg over Calgary
Edmonton over Hamilton
Montreal over B.C
Saskatchewan over Toronto

Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan

Calgary
Hamilton
BC
Saskatchewan

Bombers - usually, when bad teams finally get a win, it's against one of the best.

Esks - should be right po'd after letting the TO game get away from them.

Lions - I'm tempted to take the Als, but I like the way the Lions defense is starting to play.

Riders - ET will not let them lose this one.

CALGARY Over Winnipeg. Calgary is hot Winnipeg is not. Even if Stegal returns, he's not up to game speed yet. Simpson is injured, the list goes on. Sorry Bomber fans, this one won't be close. CALGARY by 14

EDMONTON Over Hamilton. Edmonton is staying out in Ontario rather than two long flights back and forth. Edmonton has improved in many areas. While Hamilton continues to Improve, the Marcel Beallefuille factor comes into play. Watch for a bone head Offensive call like a sweep on third and inches to steal another heartbreaking game away from the Tigercats. EDMONTON by 2

BC Over Montreal. This one will be closer than you think. BC's Offense has not been impressive. They are down to three good receivers now. The good point is the Defense has been keeping them in the game. Montreal showd they had lots of fight in Saskatchewan. Marty York reports that BC's Special teams will be kicking to Jason Armstead to limit big returns. BC by 2

SASKATCHEWAN Over Toronto. The noisy Rider fans should make things uncomfortable for Kerry Joseph. I think the Riders will ride the emotional wave from last week. SASKATCHEWAN By 8

calgary will beat winnipeg as there season is in peril.
edmonton will beat hamilton tiger-cats not much improved from last year.
b.c. over the als just because i don't like the als
riders will crush the argos 5-0 book it

All winners, ( I hope)

Calgary
Hamilton
Montreal
Saskatchewan

Thanks BigDave.

Calgary
Edmonton
B.C.
Toronto