Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 5

Here are the matchups for Week 5:

Edmonton @ Ottawa
Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

To make your picks, just reply to this thread with your predictions for the winners.
To change your picks, post a new reply, rather than editing your original post.
Picks must be posted by the scheduled kickoff time of any game to be considered for that game.
To join in, just start making picks. There is currently no deadline for joining, but don't wait too long. The leaders are already getting quite a lead.

Good luck!

Hmmm... Let's see...

Edmonton @ Ottawa - this depends a lot on who shows up for Edmonton. Last week was a bit of a surprise. I think, and this is a hard choice, that I'll go with Ottawa. They've been playing surprisingly well, and they've won both their games at home so far. We'll see.

Montreal @ Winnipeg - I would love to see Montreal lose, but I just don't think it will happen. Pick them by a fair bit.

BC @ Hamilton - I just can't see enough right in Hamilton to give them the win. BC again.

Sask @ Calgary - Sorry, Stamps fans. I think the Riders will show up with a chip on their shoulder (well, the fans will, anyway). I just plain think the Riders are better.

I feel like all I'm doing so far this season is picking the favorites, but I guess if it works, don't change! I think the Ottawa-Edmonton game will be the most interesting of the week. Good luck, y'all.

Edmonton @ Ottawa
Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Esks over Gades
Als over Bombers
Lions over Ticats
Stamps over Riders

Edmonton @ OTTAWA - Ottawa. The way they are playing, they should be a TOUGH team to beat and should make this game with Edmonton very darn interesting..
MONTREAL @ Winnipeg - Montreal for now... depends if Glenn can play or not because if Martin does play, I hope Montreal destroys him or I hope he can actually get a first down but I'm dreaming...
B.C. @ Hamilton - B.C simple and easy.. sorry Hamilton.
SASKATCHEWAN @ Calgary - Saskatchewan will take care of Calgary.

So Overall, I'm picking Ottawa, Montreal(for now), B.C. and Saskatchewan.

Edmonton @ Ottawa - Ottawa
Montreal @ Winnipeg - Montreal
B.C. @ Hamilton - BC
Saskatchewan @ Calgary - Ssk.

Hi BigDave:

Edmonchuck will defeat Ottawa sorry to say!
Montreal will demolish Winnipeg which has no offence
BC will win a closer than expected game over Hamilton
Saskatchewan will eat Calgary for breakfast!!

Riders Rule
CFL is cool!!

Renegades - Toughest call of the week. My head really tells me to go with Edmonton, but week 4 games kinda screws up my analysis. Since Edmonton lost in Montreal, I was expecting a manslaughter against the Bombers. The Esks won because the Bombers did everything they could to avoid winning it. Whereas Ottawa seemed like a perfectly geared team. I'm not naive. I know Edmonton is better than what we saw. And I know everything isn't perfect in Paopaoland. But in football, momentum plays an important part in getting the W. So Go Capital Punishment!

Alouettes - I would be a traitor if I'd pick a winless team to beat my beloved birds. Though teams sometimes fall to unexpected rivals, and Winnipeg can't go 0-18... but not this week. This one belongs to Montreal.

Lions - Hamilton has got to win one. But so far, not only were they outperformed by all their opponents, they always seemed to be without a plan. That's worrying. Is it Beujer time?

Roughriders - With seven starters on the injured list, the Riders managed to pull out a firework last night. Calgary must be hungry for a win. But they won't get it unless their top players start executing the plays (read: receivers need to stop dropping balls and Burris should start getting more TDs than turnovers). As well, they have two treaths in the backfield (Reynolds and Jenkins) but use them about ten times a game (clearly insufficient). Not a receipe for success.

Edmonton
Montreal
B.C.
Saskatchewan

Edmonton
Sask
Hamilton
Montreal

Ottawa
Montreal
B.C.
Sask

I'm Picking All Visitors This Week

Edmonton Over Ottawa (Can Beleave How Many Are Picking Ottawa For This One)
Montreal Over Winnipeg
B.C. Over Hamilton
Saskatchewan Over Hamilton

Edmonton
Montreal
BC...Hamilton might be the upset I would take it on a proline...but I'm too far behind to try that here.
Sask

Edmonton
Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan

Ottawa over Edmonton
Montreal over Winnipeg
B.C. over Hamilton
Saskatchewan over Calgary

I hate to pick all visiting teams but,

Edmonton
Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan

EDMONTON Over Ottawa. Brrrrring, This is your wakeup call Eskies. You are a better team than last week. Time to get on track. Ricky Ray won't have two bad weeks in a row. The tenacious defense should swarm Joseph again. Edmonton by 8

MONTREAL Over Winnipeg. Comming off the bye week, Montreal should be ready to go. Winnipegs defense will keep it close, but the Als should prevail.
Montreal by 8

BC Over Hamilton. Hamilton can't lose for every, and Ivor Wyne has never been a kindplace for the Lions to play in. But I still think Hamiltons young defense will be picked apart by Dickenson. BC by 6

SASKATCHEWAN Over Calgary. If you had asked me in week 1, I would have chosen Calgary hands down. Burris has not been impressive. Riders beat the Ticats while missing some key players. It will be a see-saw battle, but the Riders will take this one in the end. Riders by 5

edm
(wpg-i will change this if tee martin is starting but i hear that glenn may be back. in fact if anyone other than tee martin starts i say wpg takes it by surprise. if tee martin starts wpg will be 0-5) just heard martin is starting so i am changing this to mont over wpg–sorry for the trouble big dave.
bc
sask

Edmonton @ Ottawa
Montreal @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

I'm going to pick Hamilton till they win.
I want Calgary to win so we don't have to listen to those who cling to some idiotic belief that Burris somehow wronged them.
As good as Ottawa is doing, I wouldn't want to be the team who has to feel the wraith of the Eskies after last weeks fiasco.
Montreal seems like a pretty safe bet.

winners in bold

Edmonton
Montreal
B.C.
Saskatchewan

Im keeping my finger cross on Ottawa...