Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 4

The standings after Week 3 are posted here. Congratulations to jordan02, who has now picked 11 straight games correctly!

Again, just a brief explanation of the rules:
To join in, just start making picks.
To make picks, post a reply to this thread, stating which teams you think will win this week's games. You are encouraged to elaborate, or to give spreads, but only the predicted winners will be counted.
If you elaborate, your picks must be clear to me at a glance. I will not read a hundred posts of a thousand words each. If I have to read through an epic post to get your picks, I won't.
No conditional picks. If you make a conditional pick, the first team named is your pick. If you say, for example, "Edmonton if it's raining, B.C. if it's sunny", you've just picked Edmonton, rain or shine.
To be counted for a game, your pick must be in prior to the scheduled kickoff time. If the game is scheduled for 7:00pm, then a post made at 7:01 will be considered late for that game, no exceptions and no excuses.
If you want to change your pick, post a reply to the thread, stating that you want to make a change. Do not edit your original post. Changes, like picks, must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
At the end of the week, participants will be ranked based on total correct picks. Ties will be broken by perfect weeks, followed by aggregate (the total point spreads of all games picked correctly minus the total point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly by percent correct. Note that this is slightly different from last year.
In the event of a dispute, my word is final.

Now on to Week 3. Saskatchewan has the bye this week.
Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Ottawa
Hamilton @ Calgary
Montreal @ B.C.

Good luck!

WINN.
OTT.
CAL.
BC.

Thanks Dave

Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Ottawa
Hamilton @ Calgary
Montreal @ B.C.

Okay, keeping up with the leaders, that's good...stay with the pack until I make my move...maybe this week.

Edmonton @ Winnipeg: Who'd have thought when the schedule was made that this game would be a battle for first place, between two unbeaten teams? Not I. Hard to make a pick between these two over-achievers. Going with the home team. Bombers by 6.

Toronto @ Ottawa: More excitement. The opening of Ottawa's new stadium, their homecoming, the return of Ottawa to the CFL. (I don't like how the guys on TSN are saying it's the "return" of the RedBlacks. It isn't: this is an entirely new team.) Best of all, this is a competitive team. I don't think the Argos will be able to overcome the momentum that Ottawa builds up from the celebration. RedBlacks by 2.

Hamilton @ Calgary: So if I'm right, Hamilton will go into this game as the only team without a win. At this point I don't know about the status of Collaros, Fantuz, and Ellingson. Playing against Calgary, who even without Cornish and Lewis made easy work of the Argos. At McMahon, where the Ticats traditionally have very little success. In a game that will end at about 1:00am ET. So if I'm right, Hamilton will come out of this game as the only team without a win. Stamps by 9.

Montreal @ B.C.: Troy Smith and Kevin Glenn have the exact opposite problems. With Smith it's a crapshoot whether the ball will be anywhere near his receivers, while Glenn has plenty of accuracy but butterfingered receivers. Hard to say which will get fixed first. Montreal's win in Week 2, and their close loss last week, are glossing over a fact that would otherwise be glaringly obvious: they're not that good right now. Sure, they'll get better, but I don't think they've turned the corner yet. Lions by 4.

Home team sweep.

My picks for week 4:

Winnipeg
Toronto
Calgary
Montreal

My picks for week 4 are:

Winnipeg over Edmonton
Toronto over Ottawa
Calgary over Hamilton
BC over Montreal

Thank you and a nice week to all of you.

Richard

Edmonton
Ottawa
Calgary
B.C.

Winnipeg
Toronto
Calgary
Montreal

Winnipeg: If Edmonton does a bad of a start as they did against Ottawa this past week then they are going to get their butts kicked, Winnipeg by 20

Ottawa: I got seasons tickets for the Redblacks :smiley: . Hopefully this will help them win because they haven't won yet so Redblacks by 10

Calgary :roll:

B.C.

Home team sweep. Thanks BD :smiley: !

....Bombers
.....T.O.
.......Cal.
........B.C.

Edmonton
Ottawa
Calgary
BC

Thanks!

Winnipeg
Ottawa
Calgary
MOntreal

Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Ottawa
Hamilton@ Calgary
Montreal @ B.C.

Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Ottawa
Hamilton @ Calgary
Montreal @ B.C.

Edmonton
Toronto
Hamilton
B.C.

Thanks!

Ottawa will win its home opener and I will be there to cheer them on! Go REDBLACKS!

Thanks BD!

WpG
Ott
Cal
MtL

My word, that was a bad week for me! Shouldn't have changed that Calgary pick. Darn Argonauts, always making sure I choose wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Ottawa
Hamilton @ Calgary
Montreal @ B.C.

I'm just going to go with a home team sweep this week.

Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Ottawa
Hamilton @ Calgary
Montreal @ B.C.

I'm not very good at this game this year

Unbelievable start to the year for Jordan...and me for the opposite reason. Which makes me doubly unsure of my picks this week. :lol:

Edmonton
Ottawa
Calgary
B.C.