Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 4

Short week this week. The standings are posted here.

For those new to the forum, here's a rundown of the rules:
To join in, just start making picks.
Reply to this thread with your picks for the games. You're encouraged to elaborate, but only the predicted winners are taken into account, and your picks must be clear at a glance without having to read a big long post. There are no conditional picks allowed.
Picks must be in by the scheduled kickoff time, or they will not be counted.
To change your picks, post a new message to the thread. Do not edit your original post.
The complete rules are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 4:
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
Edmonton @ B.C.
Montreal @ Hamilton

Good luck!

Keeping pace, just waiting to make my move.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: It kills me to say this, but Toronto has looked far more impressive than the Bombers have so far. Argos by 6.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: This has less to do with Saskatchewan's 3-0 start than with the injured Drew Tate, and the fact that Kevin Glenn only plays well enough to win about 50% of the time. Riders by 4.

Edmonton @ B.C.: Still not impressed with Jyles, and B.C. is looking to bounce back at home. Lions by 5.

Montreal @ Hamilton: Total homer pick. Cats by 2.

Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
Edmonton @ B.C.
Montreal @ Hamilton

My picks for week 4:

Toronto over Winnipeg
Saskatchewan over Calgary
BC over Edmonton
Montreal over Hamilton

Thank you

Richard

Week #4 picks;

Winnipeg at Toronto - TORONTO
Sask. at Calgary - SASKATCHEWAN
Edmonton at Lions - EDMONTON
Montreal at Hamilton - HAMILTON

After a 2-2 week, I dropped three spots and now I'm tied for 45th with a tough week of picks coming up...

Toronto - I don't think Winnipeg is as bad as their record indicates but with injuries in the QB position and an improved Toronto team, this should go the Argos way.

Calgary - Saskatchewan's win over B.C. last week showed that it's for real while Calgary has lost a couple of squeekers on the road. I think Calgary is due...

B.C. - Edmonton seems to possess a ferousious defense, and strong special teams, but a weak offense. B.C. and Lulay should win this one, but it won't be easy...

Hamilton - The Cats are looking better, the Als weaker but they are still the Als. With these teams, it's best to pick the homeside...

Hey Big Dave,

I appreciate all the work you put into this. Unfortunately I have to point out one hitch.

You've counted me as 3-1 for last week, but you must have missed the posting where I changed my pick from Edmonton to Winnipeg. :oops: So thanks for the flattery, but in reality I was only 2-2, which is still better than my sparkling 1-3 record in weeks 1 and 2. :cry:

So for this week:

Winnipeg @ Toronto: hate to do it, but everything points that way; they are at home with their first-string QB and a decent defence, we are on the road with our third-string QB (mind you I'm optimistic about Elliott in the long run) and a shadow of our former defence.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary; OK, OK, I finally give in and pick the Riders. They are better than I thought, and Glenn isn't.

Edmonton @ B.C.: close one I think, thanks to Edmonton's D, but their O won't win it for them; that's not what beat the Bombers.

Montreal @ Hamilton: tough pick, Als had their win handed to them while the Cats almost handed theirs back to the Argos; but it's Montreal's week to be on instead of off and they'll want revenge for last year's Eastern final.

Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
Edmonton @ B.C.
Montreal @ Hamilton

My pick for week 4:

Toronto
Saskatchewan
BC
Montreal

Toronto OVER Winnipeg
Wednesday night game, not exactly a home field advantage lucky if 15000 will be there, but the fact of the matter is if Jyles/Joseph can put up 42 Points imagine what Ray, Boyd and Owens can do. Toronto puts up 30 points while either Brink or Elliot put up a respectable 20 points. Toronto wins 38-22.

Saskatchewan OVER Calgary
This one is tough for me as I am going to the Hamilton game in Week 5 but I'd rather lose this one than the one im attending haha or just be 5-0 either way Durant has to get this offense going, after our explosive 43 point outburst our offense has gotten 2 touchdowns in the last 2 games. I'm confident in our Defense and Special teams to hold up their end of the deal. Calgary can put up points. It wont be a shootout nor will it be a snooze fest. Riders win 24-16

BC OVER Edmonton
This one is tough as well. You have two 2-1 teams but edmonton looks like they should be 1-2 some. BC has been good but by no means a team anyone is fearful of. Edmontons offesne struggles but defence keeps them in it as long as possible before tuckering out. Lions win 33-20

Montreal OVER Hamilton
Not sure if Hamilton got lucky or is finally getting a groove, shoot out in Steel town. Montreal takes it 44-38 in the game of the week.

Toronto
Saskatchewan
BC
Montreal

Toronto over Winnipeg
Saskatchewan over Calgary
B.C. over Edmonton
Montreal over Hamilton

Thanks again, BigDave!

Toronto
Saskatchewan
B.C.
Hamilton

Here are my picks for week 4

Toronto
Saskatchewan
B.C.
Montreal

Thanks big dave you rock. :expressionless:

Week 4:
Toronto over Winnipeg (QB problems in Staggerville)
Saskatchewan over Calgary ('Riders look like the team to beat so far)
BC over Edmonton (no brainer - and no, I'm not talking about the fans)
Hamilton over Montreal (mainly because Hamilton's at home, but also afraid of losing my fan card)

Hope I can break my .500 streak this week.

Thanks BD!

Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
BC
Hamilton

Winnipeg @ Toronto Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ B.C. BC
Montreal @ Hamilton Hamilton

Winnipeg @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
Edmonton @ B.C.