Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 4

15 people had perfect weeks last week! Way to go!

The standings are posted here. If the old standings show up, click your browser's REFRESH button, and you should see the current ones.

Here are the for Week 4:
Hamilton @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Montreal

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though the later in the season you join, the harder it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Calgary if Burris plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Hamilton @ B.C.: Hamilton seems to be the only eastern team that is not bothered by the time change when they play in Vancouver. These are two struggling teams, but while Hamilton has begun to pull themselves out of their funk, the Lions have yet to do that. Cats by 3.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Tough call on this one. Two crappy offences against two powerful defences. Likely a soccer-style score in this game. Bombers by 2.

Edmonton @ Calgary: Edmonton is looking like a powerhouse so far this year, while Calgary is looking quite beatable. Homefield edge goes to the Stamps, but that won't be nearly enough. Esks by 11.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal: It doesn't get any easier for the Riders, whose defence has been pretty much non-existent, giving up 33 points to Hamilton just last week. Surely their offence will correct a ton of mistakes from last week, but that won't show against a much tougher opponent. Watch for Calvillo's 400th TD pass in this game, probably in the second quarter. Als by 40.

Hamilton
Toronto
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Picks for week 4:

Hamilton @ BC - the Lions look just as bad as the Riders.. but at least they can score TDs... but Hamilton should win this one easily - Cats by 7

Winnipeg @ Toronto-- Another low scoring game, Argos by 3

Edmonton @ Calgary-- the Battle of Alberts should be interesting, but the Stamps look mediocre at best, Esks by 10

Saskatchewan @ Montreal - This one will be very ugly... Montreal by 21(at least)

Calgary
Montreal
Hamilton
Winnipeg

Hamilton @ B.C.: The Lions are at home, but they suck at Empire, Hamilton isn't bothered by the time change, and BC has no run game.
Winnipeg @ Toronto: Should be a close game, but the Argos without Cory Boyd are just not the same, and Winnipeg will do a much better job of limiting Toronto's special teams plays than Montreal.
Edmonton @ Calgary: The Esks have had a lot of trouble with the Stamps over the past few years, and until they demonstrate they can get over the hump, I'm not writing Calgary off at home. This is my sleeper pick for the week.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal: At some point, the Als are going to lose, but I just can't see them losing at home to a Rider team that is struggling in every phase of the game, particularly since Richardson will be back in the lineup and there's an outside chance Watkins could return as well.

BC
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Montreal

...Lions....over Ti-Cats
.....Bombers over Argos
......Stamps over Esks
........Als. over Riders

Hamilton Tiger-Cats
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Edmonton Eskimos
Montreal Alouettes

Here are my picks for week 4:

Hamilton over BC
Toronto over Winnipeg
Edmonton over Calgary
Montreal over Saskatchewan

Thank you and have a nice week.

Richard

Hamilton @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Montreal

Hamilton @ BC: Tigers show more signs of life than Lions.
Winnipeg @ Toronto: might revisit this when the Bomber QB situation clarifies itself, but it’s still only Lemon on the other side.
Edmonton @ Calgary: two surprises so far, in opposite directions; Stamps are lucky to be above .500
Saskatchewan @ Montreal: best, at home, vs worst

BC
Toronto
Calgary
Montreal

Thanks!

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Montreal

Holy damn. I can’t believe I went undefeated. I had to go looks at my picks to make sure. I forgot I picked Hamilton. I was about to correct BigDave. :lol: That’s a pleasant surprise. :smiley:

BC
Toronto
Calgary
Montreal

B.C.
Toronto
Edmonton
Montreal

For the first time in 4 years - I have not picked my Riders to win - there isn’t enough whiskey on earth to dull the senses to say otherwise I’m afraid

hamilton
wpg
edmonton
montreal

which as far as I can tell, seem to be the most common combinations picked.

Wanted to pick bc, tor, and cal, but just couldnt do it.

Much better this week going 3-1 placing tied for 36th, up 15 spots from last week. Over at Rona I went 3 for 4 with teams, 1 for 4 with scores giving me my best week so far with 26 points, giving me a grand total of 46 over all, placing me at 11,445th, up 5216 from last week. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going...

Hamilton - Surprised me Saturday with a big win. It would seem Hamilton has finally found it's groove, while Lulay, while talented, still isn't ready to win. It will be closer than last week...

Toronto - Will be probably a close one, but I'm not sold on Winnipeg, QBing is the real big question. Toronto shot itself in the foot two weeks ago, and are too talented to lose two in a row to the Bombers...

Edmonton - Edmonton is looking scary good early and Ricky Ray is just absolutely picking defenses apart. Kudos to Eric Tillman for rebuilding this franchise quickly. Calgary won't have a chance...

Montreal - Worst vs. First. This is going to be really ugly. I wonder if Matt Dunnigan's single game passing record is going to be in jeopardy in this one?

BC
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Montreal- First time i have not picked Saskatchewan to win...

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Montreal