Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 4

Look out, everybody, I got one right. I'm starting my meteoric climb up the charts now!

Now that my theory that I'm controlling the universe is debunked, I can go with logic once again. Here are my picks:

Hamilton @ Calgary: This is actually a tough call, because Burris is hot and cold. If he's hot, the Stamps will win. I'm betting he will be cold. Cats by a field goal.

Winnipeg @ B.C.: The Lions proved in Winnipeg that either (a) they are a dominant team once again, or (b) the Bombers are the Tiger-cats of '08. Either way, I can't see Winnipeg taking two points out of B.C. Lions by 10.

Montreal @ Saskatchewan: Another tough call. The Riders needed a last-minute touchdown to beat Hamilton, but now they're in their own park, where the fans really fire up the team. Can Saskatchewan actually go 4-0? I think so. Riders by 1.

Edmonton @ Toronto: I'm still not convinced that the Eskimos have solved all their problems, but they are certainly better than the team of the past couple of years. The Argos, on the other hand,... Esks by 9.

Calgary over Hamilton
BC over Winnipeg
Montreal over Saskatchewan
Toronto over Edmonton

Well, if I have to go 1-3, at least the one I got right was the one I really wanted to win!

Okay. Time to regroup and start again:

Calgary - I hope Hamilton wins, and I think they stand a good chance (should be a good game), but Calgary has home-field advantage, so I have to go with them.

BC - Can't see how Winnipeg will suddenly win on the road, unless Glenn really wakes up and figures out what's going on.

Sask - they're on a roll and at home. Montreal plays well in the first half, but they don't seem to adjust well in the second half. Give it to the 'Riders.

Toronto - my head says to go with Edmonton, but they're on the road. Plus, I really want Toronto to win. Picking with my heart, here.

Thanks again, Big Dave

Hamilton @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto

Winning teams:

Calgary
BC - I can't believe how poorly the Bombers are
playing.
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Hamilton
BC
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Big Dave:

A 2-2 week brings me up to 5-7, I'm really moving now. I'm hoping for a 3-1 week to get to 8-8 and .500, which is not great, but beginning to get a bit respectable. Here are my picks.

1. Hamilton @ Calgary- Hamilton seems to play better on the road, but Calgary is a really good team at home. The home team takes this one, so I'm taking Calgary by 6 points.

2. Winnipeg at BC- The Bombers are a mess, and they have more talent than they are showing. BC is finally on the right track and they won't lose at home. I'm taking the BC Lions by 9 points.

3. Montreal @ Saskatchewan- I've stayed off the Riders the last two weeks, because of two supposedly tough road games. This week I'm all over the Riders, because Montreal has problems on the road too. I'm taking Saskatchewan by 4 points, to go 4-0.

4. Edmonton @ Toronto- The Eskimos have won the last two weeks in spite of Danny genius, but this week I'm playing a hunch and taking Toronto because they are at home. I'm taking the Argos by 5 points.

Hopefully, Big Dave, better days and better selections start this week.

Hamilton @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto

Calgary
B.C.
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Calgary
B.C.
Montreal
Edmonton

Calgary
BC
Sask
Edmonton - this is a tough pick

Well I have been a consistent 2-2 each week. Let's see if I can improve on that this week althouh I still think its a crap shoot.

Hamilton @ Calgary: Like I said, crap shoot. With Lumbsden out there I think everyone needs to be scared. He runs like a horse. And no better place for a horse to run then in Calgary.
Winner: Hamilton

Winnipeg @ B.C. : Its rare that a team wins both games of a back to back, but when the first game was a blowout like that one who knows. My head is saying BC, but my gut is saying Wpg. I have a big ego so I will go with my head.
winner: B.C.

Montreal @ Saskatchewan: I'm not sure why I discuss the games with Sask in them as I will always pick Sask. I think this will be a very tight game, Sasks resiliency will come through again and a come from behind win will happen
Winner: Saskatchewan

Edmonton @ Toronto: Home and home again. This one I am gonna go with the home team. Toronto has the tools to beat teams, and I think Edmonton is playing above their skill right now.
Winner: Toronto

Calgary
B.C.
Montreal
Toronto

Calgary
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Winners:

Calgary :cowboy:
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Stamps - changed pick with no Lumpy.

BC - no explanation required.

Riders - changed pick.

Esks - can you believe TO is dead last in defence and their special teams blow. Normally I would take the loser in a back to back the next week, but the qb controversy still ain't settled in TO.

Hamilton @ Calgary - Close game give the edge to the home team
Winnipeg @ B.C. - Bombers do not find the mojo yet
Montreal @ Saskatchewan - Mosiak stadium is hard on on visiting team
Edmonton @ Toronto - Closer than last week but Esks have confidence from last week

The west sweeps.

Hamilton @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto

Hamilton
B.C.
Montreal
Toronto

Cats - will bounce back
Lions - nuff said
Als - Riders i love ya, but yer luck is running thin. nail biter. als by 2
Boatmen - qb controversy smontroversy... mike o'shea is their qb!

Thanks Dave =)