Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 3

Well, that was better. APSmooth and stamphater even had perfect weeks!
The standings are posted here.

To join in, start making picks. New participants may join up until the Labour Day games.
Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants' peformance in the most recent week.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now for Week 3. Montreal has the bye this week.
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Ottawa
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Good luck!

Over the years, this might be the hardest contest off the field that I have ever seen.

Only six people over 50% after two weeks? :o

And the only two I recognize from the past are Leorocks1 and the leader, Stamphater. It's early, so better luck to all.

Well, after that dismal week I pulled myself back up to .500. If only my Cats hadn’t stunk up the place on Friday!

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: I refuse to believe Hamilton’s performance on Canada Day is any true indication of who they are. The Bombers are just what they need to prove that they are still in the top half of the league, even without Collaros. They’d better win this, because they’re not back at home until August 20. Cats by 8.

Toronto @ B.C.: B.C. is now 2-0, after beating two of last year’s division finalists. Toronto’s offence has looked dangerous at times, but B.C.'s defence has been outstanding, having allowed the fewest points in the league…even less in two games than Edmonton and Saskatchewan did in one. Lions by 10.

Calgary @ Ottawa: This could be the game of the week. The two highest-scoring teams in the league against two average defences…can you say “shootout”? When the smoke clears, Calgary should be left standing. Stamps by 6.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: Okay, one of these two teams is going to get a win. Chris Jones returns to Edmonton where he won a cup last year. But these Riders are not the '15 Esks. But neither are these Esks. Did a little math trick to get my pick for this game. Esks by 2.

Hamilton
BC
Ottawa
Edmonton

Hamilton
BC
Calgary
Edmonton

My picks for week 3 are:

Hamilton
BC
Ottawa
Edmonton

Thank you

Richard

Hamilton
BC
Calgary
Edmonton

Hamilton
B.C.
Calgary
Edmonton

Wow, at 1-7 I don't think I've ever been at the bottom of any football pool.

HAMILTON
TORONTO
CALGARY
EDMONTON

Hamilton

Have to agree with you on the 'Cats and Bombers, Big Dave. And with the Bomber schedule that team could be 0-6 by August.

B.C.
Ottawa
Edmonton

Hamilton, B.C, Calgary, Edmonton

Second week of the season and I get a 3-1 week while jumping 11 spots for a tie at 17th. A much better start than usual during the first two weeks that I always call "The Crapshoot". Still no perfect weeks since 2014 though....

Hamilton - I don't think we're going to see a repeat of what we saw last week against the Lions which I think might be a confluence of a vastly improved Lions team, a Tiger-Cats team that came out flat and some really windy conditions. And if anything the first two weeks of the season has proved is that Bombers are not the Lions.

B.C. - Yeah, this might be the team to beat in the west. Toronto had a big victory against the Riders last week, but they are playing a much better team this week.

Ottawa - Calgary the last few years as been notoriously a bad road team, and they are going up against a team that is lead by Trevor Harris. I don't see how the Stampeders could possibly come away with a victory.

Edmonton - The Eskimos are still the better team and the Riders are still Riders led by a QB that's been essentially out of this league for the past two years. Could be the ugly game of the week.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Ottawa
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Well what do you know another 2-2 week , at least I'm consistent at being mediocre with my predictions so far this season. Oh well it's on to week #3 let's see if I can make it 3 for 3 at being .500 . Here we go with my picks for this week:

Winnipeg @ HAMILTON..........After the Cats totally forgot to show up for their home opener and embarrassed themselves thoroughly against the Lions they have a chance to redeem themselves by pounding the Peg this week. I feel bad for the good fans of the Bombers who deserve better than what they've gotten in recent times but I honestly can't see the Cats laying back to back bombs at home.................Cats win by 14

Toronto @ B.C.............The Lions are off to a surprising 2-0 start to the season and travelling cross country to the coast has usually meant a graveyard for the Eastern teams when they play there. The Lions keep on rolling and perfect on the season..............Lions win by 7

Calgary @ OTTAWA.........In the toughest pick of the week the TWOCOLOURS break the season trend of Eastern clubs crapping the bed in their home openers. After two victories on the road to open the season the RB's remain perfect on the season going 3-0 in an early possible preview of this years Grey Cup.............REDBLACKS win by 3

Saskatchewan @ EDMONTON........In the easiest pick of the week the defending Champs take on the Saskie Sadsacks who are in beyond rebuilding mode and are light years away from being a respectable team at this time. The Jones-town boys are in way over their heads in this one and this could be over after the first quarter.......Eskimos win by 25

Well that's it for now and good luck to all this week on your picks.

Thanks again Big Dave for all your hard work in running this and keeping track of things. :smiley: :rockin:

Hamilton
Toronto
Ottawa
Edmonton

Winnipeg
Toronto
Calgary
Edmonton

Winnipeg
BC
Ottawa
Edmonton