Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 3

The standings after Week 2 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 3. Hamilton has the bye this week.
Ottawa @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Toronto @ Calgary

Good luck!

Week 3, and for the first time this season Brandon Banks will NOT score a punt return TD this week. :rockin:

Here are my other predictions:
Ottawa @ Edmonton: Hard to believe I'm making this pick, but Ottawa has looked really good, and without Reilly, I don't think the Eskimos can beat many teams. I'm saying this for the first time: RedBlacks by 4.

Montreal @ Winnipeg: I doubt Willy will be playing, and Cato looked pretty good against Calgary. The East continues their domination of the West. Als by 9.

Saskatchewan @ B.C.: Saskatchewan never does what I expect them to do, so I'm picking them to win. That'll show them. Lions by 3.

Toronto @ Calgary: The only Western team that can compete with the East this year. Still not sold on Toronto. Stamps by 1.

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Calgary

My picks are:

Ottawa
Montreal
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Thank you

Richard

Ottawa @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Toronto @ Calgary

Yeah I’m in 4th place :smiley: , the best I’ve ever done in my career.
I hope I keep my personal best in placing going. :slight_smile:
Go Redblacks!

Ottawa
Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto

Thanks BD! :rockin:

The Crapshoot is now over, and on to, what I like the call, the real regular season. Went an unimpressive 2-2 last week, yet it was good enough to move me up 5 spots to a tie for 26th. Of course this week doesn't look like it's going to get any easier.

Edmonton - Ottawa has jumped out with a 2-0 start, but I have a hard time accepting they can go 3-0 on the road. Edmonton has to be the better team at home.

Winnipeg - Rakeem Cato looked really impressive in his debut against Calgary, but I like to see more of him before I put myself in the believer camp. The Bombers I think are a better team than they showed last week, and I think they can move the ball against Montreal.

Saskatchewan - This might be the easiest pick of the week. Kevin Glenn put up 477 yards in passing in a losing effort while B.C. looked lethargic against Ottawa last week. Now maybe the Lions are still trying to find their legs, but I can't imagine them prevailing against the Riders.

Calgary - The Stamps looked bad against the Als last week, but they did manage to squeak past Hamilton at home two weeks ago. Calgary is at home this week and playing at team that I feel is not quite as good as the Tiger-Cats.

Ottawa @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Toronto @ Calgary

Did you mean to say Riders by 3 Big Dave?, as you do have Sask. highlighted in bold. Anyway here are my picks;

Edmonton vs Ottawa - EDMONTON
Winnipeg vs Montreal - MONTREAL
BC Lions vs Riders - SASKATCHEWAN
Calgary vs Toronto - CALGARY

Ottawa
Montreal
B.C.
Toronto

Thanks BD!

Go RedBlacks!

Edmonton
Winnipeg
BC
Calgary

Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto

Going out on a limb picking Ottawa paid off for me - jumped from 41st to 11th place. Good news, bad news I suppose, as my Ticats are now tied for last in the east (and first in the west - just saying :wink: ) and with the bye, could end up in sole possession of last after this week's games.

My picks for week 3:

Ottawa @ Edmonton - The RedBlacks looked pretty good this week, but there were a couple of Bad Hank plays near the beginning that could easily have changed the outcome of the game had the Lions' DBs made the picks. The Eskimos will miss Reilly, but Nichols should be OK for them. Without the boost from the home crowd, the RedBlacks won't be quite as hot.

Montreal @ Winnipeg - The Bombers looked horrible last week, and I don't see that changing. The Als, however, looked surprisingly good under Cato's leadership, and I don't see that changing either.

Saskatchewan @ B.C. - Glenn did a very good job leading the Riders into OT against a very good team. The Lions? Not so much.

Toronto @ Calgary - As much as it pains me to say, the Argos are looking good this year. But I don't see the Stamps coming out flat two weeks in a row, and I think they'll squeak out the win. Another overtime game perhaps?

Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Thanks BigDave

Ottawa
Montreal
B.C.
Calgary

I would not have guessed that my only win last week would have been the REDBLACKS! Anyway, I feel like the rule changes for this year have really bumped the excitement factor up, there have been some good ones! I think 2-6 is my worst start ever! Time to turn it around!

Ottawa @ Edmonton - Gotta stay with the RBs, and with no Reilly (maybe), I think the Esks could be in trouble…
Montreal @ Winnipeg - Cato seem like the real deal - lets see how does in the Peg.
Saskatchewan @ B.C. - Sask’s’ defense finally shows up and makes a big stop in this one.
Toronto @ Calgary - You cant keep BLM down for too long, although I am impressed with Harris in TO, this could be a thriller!

My picks for week 3:

Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan
Calgary

OtT
WpG
SaSk
CaL

I wonder if we’ll get our first perfect week this week. Here’s hoping for me! :slight_smile:

Ottawa @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Toronto @ Calgary

Redblacks
Bombers
Lions
Stamps

Thanks BD.