Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 3

Another disastrous week for picks, as nearly as many people went 0-4 as went 2-2 or better. When 5-3 is good enough for first place, and there are more people sitting at 0-8 than there are above .500, this speaks of some real parity in this league. Winners have so far been very hard to predict.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 3:
Calgary @ Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton

Everyone is welcome to participate. To join in, just start making picks. Pick the teams you think will win each game as a response to this thread. While discussion is encouraged, please make your picks clear at a glance. Picks must be in before the scheduled kickoff time in order to be considered for any game. You can see a complete list of the rules here.

Good Luck!

My picks for week 3:
Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

Okay, in the first 7+ years of the VGCC, I never once went 0-4. Did it once last year for the first time. Now, in two weeks of this year, have gone 0-4 TWICE!

As silly as it seems, and as much as I try not to be, as a Scotsman I am by my nature superstitious. Therefore I can't overlook the possibility that I'm actually controlling the outcome of the games. In order to either (a) break the string or (b) give my team an edge, I must pick the teams that I want to lose, rather than the teams I think will win.

So here are my picks for this week:
Calgary @ Montreal: I think Montreal is probably a pretty good bet on this one, but I'm picking them because they are an Eastern team, and I want them to lose. Als by 6.

Toronto @ Edmonton: Edmonton's pretty good, and playing at home; and now that I'm picking Toronto, the Esks are a lock. Argos by 4.

B.C. @ Winnipeg: Who would have thought this game would be a battle of the basements? (If I ever say again that the Bombers are the class of the east, someone hunt me down and slap me across the face.) Having said that, the Lions are struggling, the game is in Winnipeg, and Stegall may return. And since they're an eastern opponent, Bombers by 2.

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton: Obvious why I want Saskatchewan to lose this one. Riders by 1.

my picks for this week:

Calgary @ Montreal: I expect this one to be a highscoring affair But montreal just looks to good right now to pick against.

Toronto @ Edmonton: Edmonton looked pretty good against calgary and Toronto's QB controversy is beginning to get pretty intense. Micheal Bishop looked pretty irritated when kerry joseph had that nice TD drive.

B.C @ Winnipeg. Wally Buono is too good of a coach to allow a team with as much talent as the lions to go 0-3

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton: Hamilton looked great against Toronto. The running game was phenomenal, the recievers were catching balls, our D-line was putting pressure on the QB, and Lawrence Gordon wasnt letting his reciever get open every play.

Montreal
Edmonton
BC
Hamilton

Calgary @ Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

Calgary
Toronto
Winnipeg
Hamilton

wow, im horrible this season... maybe it shows that there is becomming more balance in the league? well lets try these picks? hoping to get past the .500 mark

Montreal
Edmonton
BC --edited due to the ackles passing. they wanna win one for him and they will.
Saskatchewan

Thanks Dave =)

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Big Dave my choices are:
Montreal
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

:rockin:

All winners (I hope)...

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Hamilton

Thanks BigDave!

Using the coin toss this week, where is Sancho when you need him ?

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Hamilton

Calgary @ Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton

winners in bold.

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Hamilton

Calgary @ Montreal = Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton = Edmonton
B.C. @ Winnipeg = Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton = Sask

Week 3:
Calgary @ Montreal - Montreal

Toronto @ Edmonton - Toronto

B.C. @ Winnipeg - Winnipeg

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton - Saskatchewan

Calgary @ Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton

Since reason and logic are not working for me so far, this week I am going with a theme: home team sweep! (next week I am going with uniforms with the colour black). Maybe this will work!!! Better yet, why not just flip a freaking coin!

P.S. Going to Commonwealth for the first time!

Swah (on vacation in Calgary: Yahoo!)

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Riders

Calgary @ Montreal

Montreal comes back down to earth

Toronto @ Edmonton

Edmonton takes advantage of the QB controversy in Hog Town

B.C. @ Winnipeg

I got nothing here, shocked is all.... happy but shocked

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton