Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 3

The games for Week 3 are:
Calgary @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Saskatchewan
Montreal @ Hamilton

The standings are posted at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm .

To make your picks, just post a reply to this thread with your predicted winners for these games. Picks must be made prior to a game's scheduled kickoff time in order to be accepted for that game. Remember to make your picks clear at a glance. You can view a more complete listing of the rules at

http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_rules.htm

Good luck!

the top 9 seem to be Rider fans, interesting.

Gosh, I very much dislike Montreal, & Calgary at the moment... why did I pick them in weeks 1/2?! sigh

As well, why are the 'Riders doing really good so far?!
Oh well, so are the Bombers, plus there's plenty of weeks left for me to get closer to spot #1. It's all good. :wink:

Anyway-
Keep up the good work, Dave, and here are my picks for week three... :thup:

Calgary @ Toronto -I'll go with the Argos for now... They're @ home, too. Plus, Calgary was absolutely BRUTAL against Sask.

Edmonton @ Winnipeg -Gotta go with my boys. FNF on TSN, it's a home game for the Bombers. Milt's gonna be pumped & so is the rest of the team... fans especially! All in all, a no-brainer.

B.C. @ Saskatchewan -I picked against them in week one/two, now I'm going with them. At home also helps this choice for sure.

Montreal @ Hamilton -Montreal isn't starting the season off with a 0-3 record.

GO BLUE! MILT STEGALL'S #1 :smiley:

Well, this is a much better start than last year!

Toronto - They're looking pretty good, and Calgary isn't. Plus they're at home

Winnipeg - Home field will make the difference this time.

Sask - Can't believe how good they're looking. BC is dangerous, but I'll give the 'Riders home field advantage.

Montreal - I may yet change this one. Neither team has looked very good, but Hamilton has looked worse. Hamilton could be ornery, though, and the fact that they're at home gives them a chance.

Toronto because of Bishop
Winnipeg because of the “Milt” factor
B.C. because I can’t imagine Riders going 3 and 0, even if I like Kerry Joseph, Jason Armstead and all the other ex-Renegades.
Montreal because they will get better but Hamilton will still be Hamilton (Sorry Big Dave)

Thanks BD

Week 3 picks, with a couple toughie games in here..

Toronto over Calgary
Winnipeg over Edmonton
B.C. over Saskatchewan, but it will be a close one
Montréal over Hamilton; if that one ends in a tie, I'll laugh my ass off.

Calgary
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Toronto
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Toronto
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Go Riders Go
Top 9, hehehe

Calgary @ Toronto - Can't pick Calgary after how horrible they looked in Regina last week.
Edmonton @ Winnipeg - Big Blue are at home and will defeat the Esks.
B.C. @ Saskatchewan - Time to hop on the gang green band wagon.
Montreal @ Hamilton - Montreal is bad, Hamilton is horrible. I'll go with bad over horrible.

Calgary
Winnipeg
B.C.
Montreal

Calgary to win
Edmonton to win
Saskatchewan to win
Hamilton to win

All winners...I hope

Toronto
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Thank you BigDave!

This sucks! :lol:

Time for me to make a comeback!

Calgary @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Saskatchewan
Montreal @ Hamilton

sweet zombie jesus, no way am I going to match my record last year.
Calgary @ Toronto = Toronto
Edmonton @ Winnipeg = Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan = Sask
Montreal @ Hamilton = Mont

Calgary
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Man... I've got a new nickname... I'm Third_To_Last ! lol!

I was used to hanging at the top of this thing. This is what a CFL-free winter will get you I suppose...

My picks this week:

• Toronto
  • Winnipeg
  • Saskatchewan
  • Montreal

Calgary @ Toronto: The Stamps are way better than they played last week. Toronto's win had more to do with their opponent than anything they did. Stamps by 8.

Edmonton @ Winnipeg: The Bombers are better than most people expected so far. I'm still not convinced that the Esks are that much better than they were last year. Bombers by 2.

B.C. @ Saskatchewan: My two incorrect picks have been both Saskatchewan games. The Riders may surprise a lot of people, but it's hard to believe that they are at the level of the Grey Cup Champs. Lions by 6.

Montreal @ Hamilton: The 0-2 Als have been waiting for this game all season, and rightfully so. If anyone can bust them out of their losing streak, it's the Cats. Hamilton won't win until they start throwing the ball downfield, and by the sound of it that won't be anytime soon. Als by 20.

....Interesting picks my friend, I'll counter:

Calgary @ Toronto: Same winner but for different reasons. The Stampeder Special Teams who looked like a Pop Warner version on Sunday will have a break out game and the Offense will click. Toronto will have a field day with the Stamp D though so it will be close. Stamps by 5

Edmonton @ Winnipeg: Winnipeg's D is downright scary, but RR and his receivers find a way to get enough yards, and Ebell scores a couple. The Winnipeg O gets Milt his record, but cannot sustain drives to match Edmonton. Edmonton by 3

BC @ Saskatchewan: The Green Riders are higher than a Tofino ceramic artist. All facets of their game are working, and Austin has their mental edge able to split atoms. BC is going to be a tough opponent, but Dave will be rattled early and Buck won't match KJ point for point. Sask by 8

Montreal @ Hamilton: Chang will get better every game as will the whole Tabby crew, but Calvillo finds a groove and Montreal takes a solid grasp of 7th place by the 0:00 point of the 4th Quarter. Montreal by 6

*Calgary
*Winnipeg
*Saskatchewan
*Montréal