Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 20

Wow. The last week of the regular season. It seems like the off-season goes on forever, and then when the season starts, it's over before you know it.

The standings after Week 19 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 20. Edmonton has the bye this week.
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Hamilton @ Ottawa
Calgary @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal

Good luck!

Dropped to 12th this week by being wrong in both the non-consensus games. I guess a strong showing this week will put me back up, but I guess I still have a pretty good shot at a wild-card playoff berth.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Now that the playoff positions are pretty much set, it's hard to say who will play in these games. Toronto will likely start Ray, who has sat out all season, to get him ready for the semi-final. Winnipeg doesn't have to get ready for anything, and may start next pre-season. Give the nod to the home team. Argos by 5.

Hamilton @ Ottawa: The only teams with anything left to play for. Hamilton needs not only to win, but to win by 6 to finish first. I expect to see a better game this week than last, and expect Hamilton to just eke out the division title. Cats by 6.

Calgary @ B.C.: The Lions are playing very well lately, but up against Calgary they have a tougher contest. Both teams may sit out a bunch of players, so that's likely to even out, and the better team will win. Stamps by 4.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal: Both these teams are going home after this game, so who really cares? Montreal is better with Glenn than they were without him. Saskatchewan will continue auditioning players for next year. Als by 5.

Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary
Montreal

Thanks for another fun season,BigDave

:cowboy:

Toronto
Hamilton
B.C.
Montreal

:rockin:

Thanks Big Dave!!!!

To continue playing into the post season, one must finish no lower than what position in the standings?

Ugh! Another 2-2 week, causing me to slip a couple of spots. And now mathematically eliminated from first place. But still a game up on the VGCC World picks - for now. Hope it stays that way.

My picks for the final week of the regular season - week 20:

Winnipeg @ Toronto - A meaningless game for both teams, with the Bombers looking to next year, and the Argos looking to rest players before the playoffs. Hard to guess on this one. I'm going with the Argos because they won't want to play badly in the last game in front of their fans.

Hamilton @ Ottawa - The only meaningful game of the four, with first place and a first round bye on the line. Neither offence looked good last week, as both teams have strong, aggressive defences. The Redblacks might be fired up to defend their "target" quarterback. But the Ticats won't be backing down, and will continue to play hardnosed football, hoping the officials aren't tainted by Burris's rant. (I suspect they won't be, as they got that call right.) Do I think the Ticats can actually win this one? Yes. By enough to get first place? I certainly hope so.

Calgary @ B.C. - Technically a meaningless game, but as these two teams will be meeting in the first round, this could become a statement game. I'm just thinking that the Stamps have a bit more depth than the Lions, so even if they both rest their starters, they should be able to win it.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal - Both of these teams are now in training camp mode, having missed the playoffs. But I'm giving the Als the edge over the Riders here because they're playing at home - a last hurrah in front of their fans.

Well a 3-1 week leaves me at #23 in the standings and barring a miracle out of the running for those playoffs. Oh well it's been a lot of fun this year doing these picks each week and now for the final time this season here they are Bobo's week #20 picks:

Winnipeg @ TORONTO......The game means absolutely nothing in the standings and chances are absolutely no one will show up to witness it. The Argos will win this snooze fest and send the small crowd that bothers to show up for the last time at Rogers (THANK GOD ) with a victory........Toronto wins this one by 14.

HAMILTON@ Ottawa.......I said all along that this would be a split series. The only difference is that the visiting teams will have the victories as the Cats after losing at home in a yawner will win the finale in grand fashion by the narrowest of margins but just enough to squeak out a 1rst place finish in the East.......Hamilton wins this one by exactly 6.

CALGARY@ BC..........An WSF Preview game. The Lions have once again managed to keep their impressive playoff streak of 18 yrs alive with a 2 game winning streak that ends here as the Stamps show them just how far they still have to go to be on the same level as the big boys........Calgary wins this preview game by 10.

Saskatchewan @ MONTREAL.......The game means absolutely Nada as both teams are out of contention for this year.
So I guess if I have to pick one of them I might as well go with Glenn and the Alouettes against the team that got rid of him
...Montreal wins a final game for the home town faithful after finally missing the playoffs for the first time in 19 sasons........Montreal sails in this one winning by 21.

So that's it ,that's all Folks for this season........taking the Argos/Ti-Cats/Stampeders/Alouettes

Thanks again B-Dave for putting this all together for our enjoyment and Good Luck to those that make the playoffs and to everyone else that participated this season.
CHEERS OVER "n" OUT BOBO :slight_smile: :rockin:

Toronto
Ottawa
B.C.
Montreal

TOR
HAM
BC
MON

THX

Nvm. Just read the rules and see it’s the top 8. I’ll have to take all underdogs this week in a desperate attempt to move up 7 spots.
Probably an effort made in vein.

Toronto vs Winnipeg - TORONTO
Ottawa vs Hamilton - HAMILTON [Cats (-8) and first place] 8)
BC Lions vs Calgary - CALGARY
Montreal vs Riders - MONTREAL

Toronto
Ottawa
B.C.
Montreal

Home sweep last week! :smiley:
Good luck to everyone for the last week :rockin:
Go Redblacks :slight_smile:

Thanks BD! :smiley:

Below are the odds for the last week of the regular season - Cheers to all.

Toronto (-7
Ottawa (-3
Calgary (-1
Montreal (-9

I moved up some more! ... but still WAAY out of it ... This weeks picks;

Winnipeg vs Toronto; Toronto - Toronto does not "need" this game and neither does Winnipeg, HOWEVER, Toronto does need to get ready for the playoffs, so I say they give it a good go on this one. Toronto by 10.

Hamilton vs Ottawa; Ottawa - Sorry Hamilton Fans, but your D has dropped back to earth and (unfortunately) as of this writing, it looks like you are looking for another QB. Ottawa will win this, because they are the more rounded team. Ottawa by 7.

Calgary vs B.C.; Calgary - This is probably the toughest pick of the week. THIS IS NOT a preview of the WSF, because neither team is going to risk their best players to beat the other team in a meaningless game. I'm figuring this out this way;
First Quarter - Calgary First String vs BC first String = Advantage Calgary (Calgary by 7)
Second Quarter - Calgary Second String vs BC First String = Advantage BC (BC by 3)
Third Quarter - Calgary Second String vs BC Second String = Advantage Calgary (Calgary by 3)
Fourth Quarter - Calgary Third String vs BC Second String = Dead heat
End Result - Calgary by 7

Saskatchewan vs Montreal; Montreal - The riders are already cheating for the 2016 season by having full practices and extra pre-season games! :wink: Montreal against the Riders PR = Montreal by 10.

Thanks to Big Dave for running this contest for us. Good luck to all those in contention for the playoffs! Hope to be more competitive next year!

:cowboy:

My picks for week 20:

Toronto
Ottawa
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg @ Toronto
Hamilton @ Ottawa
Calgary @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal

I'm picking Toronto and Ottawa and I'll wait to make my other picks once I hear who is starting at QB in those games.

How I wish we did not have to pick in the last week for meaningless games. :?

And for the only game in Week 20 that means anything, well let's hope it does not turn out to be another field goal competition as if we are watching a sloppy, defensive rugby match. :roll:

I'm at 45-32 on the season and out of the running for the VGCC playoffs. I wanted to crack 60%, but I'll take the 58.4% win percentage.

Thanks again BigDave and all for another year of fun, but that's enough for me. Good luck to those in the VGCC playoffs.

Abstain
Abstain
Abstain
Abstain

Off to the playoffs and Go Esks! :slight_smile:

Toronto
Ottawa
BC
Montreal

You would have got at least 3 out of 4 right, SO your average is 60.5 % Well done and be back next year. Cheers