Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 20

The final week of the regular season! Sad how fast the CFL seasons go. The standings after Week 18 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 20. Winnipeg has the bye this week.
Ottawa @ Toronto
Calgary @ B.C.
Montreal @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

Good luck!

My picks for week 20:

Ottawa- upset pick for the week, they knock Toronto out of the playoffs

Calgary- I think they will play their starters for a quarter, just enough to put the game out of reach for the Lions

Montreal- this should be the game of the week, Monteal wins by a FG

Saskatchewan- total homer pick, holding out hope that Joseph burns his old team

I don't imagine I'll be able to crack the top 8, so I might as well just pick the teams I think will win.

Ottawa @ Toronto: Ottawa is still trying to play spoiler, but so far they haven't been all that good at it. Toronto needs a win here to have a shot at the playoffs, and though they are THE ONLY TEAM THAT HASN'T BEATEN OTTAWA THIS YEAR, they should get one here. Argos by 4.

Calgary @ B.C.: The only thing Calgary has to play for is the chance to avoid entering the playoffs on a losing streak. The Lions can clinch third, but while I wouldn't suspect they would throw the game, they may feel their chances are better in the east (though I would tend to disagree, considering how the east manhandled the west since Labour Day.) Calgary may rest a bunch of players, but their backups are no slouches either. Stamps by 2.

Montreal @ Hamilton: If Toronto wins this week, Hamilton will need this win (or at least a tie) to clinch a playoff spot. A win by 8 or more gets them first place. This game means more to Hamilton than to Montreal, and Hamilton has yet to lose at Tim Horton's Field, which should finally be at full capacity. Cats, I'll say by 9 because I want them to finish first.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan: No matter what happens, Edmonton will finish second, and may therefore rest some players. The question is whether that will be enough to let the Riders slip out of their 5-game funk. I think not. Esks by 8.

Well a 2-2 week but I still managed to climb two spots to a season high 42nd. This could be a tough week, with injuries and some potential meaningless games. Hopefully I can finish the season breaking into the top 40. Wish Casey Kasem was still alive…

Toronto - Should be a slam dunk pick, but if Ricky Ray isn’t ready to go for the Argos we might see a historic Ottawa road win. I have mixed feelings about this…

Calgary - Should have been another slam dunk pick, but with an injury to John Cornish this might be a low scoring nail biter…

Hamilton - The fight for first! And a playoff spot! The Cats are at home were they’ve been unbeatable playing an Als team that been pretty much unbeatable since Compton took over. I’m taking the team that will have the sold out home crowd…

Edmonton - Yeah, the Riders have no chance…

Ottawa vs Argos - TORONTO
Calgary vs Lions - CALGARY
Montreal vs Hamilton - MONTREAL
Eskimos vs Riders - SASKATCHEWAN

Toronto
B.C.
Hamilton
Edmonton

OTTAWA @ Toronto....friends and family show up only for what will be the lowest attended game this season. est actual attendance 7,500 Toronto lays a HUGE Egg and the RB's finish off their inaugural season with a victory going 3-15 with 2 of those wins against the Arseholes. Ottawa by 3.....16-13

Montreal @ HAMILTON THF finally officially SOLD OUT with all seats available,Cats prevail in a low scoring Defensive battle winning by exactly the needed 8 pts to secure 1rst place. Cats by 8....20-12

Calgary @ B.C. BC although how hard they will try to lose this game(like the Edm game) come out on top and secure 3rd in the West. BC by 4....27-23

ESKIMOS @ Saskatchewan...Edmonton tunes up the Riders sending them to loss number 6 in a row. Riders head East as the crossover where they will get BLASTED in the ESF. Edmonton by 14....31-17

That is all,except to say Thanks Dave for running this and organizing it,even though I currently have no shot at the playoffs and sit at #40,It's been a blast and lots of fun. :smiley: :thup:

Ottawa @ Toronto ... So tempted to pick the upset here ... but alas no ... Toronto wins at home.

Calgary @ B.C. ... BC wins at home

Montreal @ Hamilton ... Hamilton wins at home ... hopefully by 8 points!

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan ... Tough one to gauge ... If BC wins Friday, Sask is locked in as crossover team & neither team has anything to play for ... Either way I think Saskatchewan needs to get back to winning ways. Riders @ home here.

Toronto
Montreal
Calgary
Edmonton

For Week 20,

Toronto
Calgary
Hamilton
Edmonton

Thanks BigDave!

1. :twisted: Toronto :twisted: 2) :cowboy: Calgary :cowboy: 3) :rockin: Montreal :rockin: 4) :D Saskatchewan :D

I need a miracle to crack top 8.. .so here goes!!

Ottawa @ Toronto - Ottawa
Calgary @ B.C. - B.C
Montreal @ Hamilton - Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan

Probably the toughest week of all to predict.

Toronto - Have to think the Argo's are desparate but the RedBlacks are playing for pride. Will go with the home team.
Calgary - Something tells me that BC may be playing for a bigger reward.
Hamilton - Big game no matter what happens to the Argos, Game of the week for all of the marbles.
Edmonton - Might change after the Calgary/BC game.

Thanks BigDave!

I'm nowhere near the playoffs, but I'm in better shape than the east teams as I'm still 8 games over .500 :lol:
Thanks BigDave for another season of VGCC.

Ottawa @ Toronto - Argos choke and the road is the advantage for Ottawa who finish strong
Calgary @ B.C. - Stamps hold back for playoffs and Lions take advantage of the home crowd
Montreal @ Hamilton - Cats don't need the win after the Argo loss, but they still want first. They win the game, but by less than a TD so the Als take first
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan - Eskies rest up for west semi and Riders squeak out a win, but lose the tiebreaker and head to Hamilton for the east semi.

Well, I'm either going out in a blaze of glory or going down in flames. :cowboy:

Ottawa
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Als
Argos
Riders
Stamps

Thanks Big Dave...I appreciate all you efforts. Good Luck to all.

Ottawa @ Toronto
Calgary @ B.C.
Montreal @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

One change up Big Dave..

Montreal vs Hamilton - HAMILTON

Toronto
Calgary
Montreal
Saskatchewan

Please change one game for me, I will take BC in that game.