Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 2

We're off to a good start. The standings are available to view at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm

Here are the games for week 2:
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Montreal @ Hamilton
Calgary @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

To make your picks, reply to this thread (please don't quote this post) with your picks for the winners.

Participants will be ranked based primarily on the number of correct picks. Point spreads are not considered. If you elaborate on your picks, please make your pick clear at a glance. If I have to read paragraphs of prose to figure out who you think will win, I won't bother.

The deadline to make a pick for any game is the scheduled kickoff time of that game. No exceptions. A pick for a 7:00 game will be considered late if it is posted at 7:01.

If you want to change one of your picks, please post a new reply. DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. If a post has been edited, only those games played after the latest edit will count.

Good luck!

My picks for week 2 are:

Toronto
Hamilton
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Here are my picks for Week 2:

Toronto @ Winnipeg: The Bombers looked pretty good against the Alouettes last week, and despite the two pre-season losses, the Argos looked good against the Ticats. Mid-season I may say differently, but right now I don't think the new Bombers can beat the Argos. Toronto by a field goal.

Montreal @ Hamilton: Similarly, I don't think the new Ticats are good enough -- yet -- to beat the Alouettes. Hamilton is strong at home, and despite their apparent invincibility at home, Montreal's road record is about average. That may make for a pretty good game, but won't change the outcome. Als by 6.

Calgary @ Edmonton: I think these two teams are evenly matched. Last week I picked the Stamps because of their home-field advantage, and it paid off. Why not stick with the same strategy this week? Esks by a touchdown.

B.C. @ Saskatchewan: The Riders showed last week that they are not ready for a powerhouse like B.C. I still say if Dickenson goes down, the Lions are in for the same kind of collapse they suffered last year. But until that happens, Lions by a zillion.

Winnipeg
Montreal
BC
Calgary

My week 2 winners are:

Toronto
Montreal
Edmonton
BC

Hey BD,

My picks:

Toronto: Wynn is a good back up, Williams has just started to romp. Don't think Winnipeg has quite gelled yet under their new head coach!

Hamilton: it's time for the Cats to rally around their new QB and running backs. I predict a good game for Belli and the Hamilton sack attack.

Edmonton: they're at home and won't lose twice in a row to Calgary.

BC: despite my hoping for Joseph and Armstead to do well it's just not going to happen against a very strong Lions offence.

Thanks BD.
Go Oilers Go!
Canada wants the Cup!
Bring back the Gades in 07!

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Edmonton
BC

Week 2 picks:

Toronto over Winnipeg
Hamilton over Montréal (too close to call, and will probably be a tie on Pro-Line)
Edmonton over Calgary
B.C. over Saskatchewan

Oh please ! Why am I ranked underneath RedandWhite? Putting that guy on top of this least will only boost his already unconventional ego. He just ad his sofa covered with Bengal tigers skin in the mods' jet. What will it be next?

Why the heck did I pick the Esks? Man...

Toronto @ Winnipeg - Just don't see the Blue losing their home opener to Wynn who probably will not be able to handle the pressure and noise of the crazy fans at Canad Inn. (including me :wink:)
Montreal @ Hamilton - Montreal, probably getting some of their players back, will just beat the Ti-Cats. Should be very close.
Calgary @ Edmonton - Just don't see Edmonton losing back-to-back agaisnt Calgary.
B.C. @ Saskatchewan - Will be close, but B.C. will come out at top. Plus, I can't stand the Riders. :wink:

Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

week 2 picks :cowboy:

Toronto :thup:
Montreal :stuck_out_tongue:
Edmonton :lol:
Saskatchewan :rockin:

Winnipeg - same as always
Montreal - their defence is going to be really good this year
Edmonton - payback
BC - DD is on fire

WEEK 2

Toronto @ Winnipeg = Toronto
Montreal @ Hamilton = Hamilton
Calgary @ Edmonton = Calgary
B.C. @ Saskatchewan = B.C.

Toronto @ Winnipeg = Toronto
Montreal @ Hamilton = Montreal
Calgary @ Edmonton = Calgary
B.C. @ Saskatchewan = BC

EDM
HAM
WPG
SK

Im going with the same picks as ryoon this week:

Toronto
Montreal
Edmonton
BC

Toronto @ Winnipeg
Montreal @ Hamilton
Calgary @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

Picks are already tougher this week because the best teams are on the road.

I'll go with :
- Toronto
- Montreal
- Edmonton
- B.C.

... although it would be funny to see the Esks fall twice to the Stamps this early in the season.

.....extremely funny....but I digress....

Toronto
Hamilton
Edmonton
BC