Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 2

Wow, last week was rough on all of us. The first few weeks are always the toughest to pick, so things will get better, trust me. The standings are posted at http://home.sourcecable.net/~roddick/vgcc_standings.htm.

To join in, start making picks. New participants may join up until the Labour Day games.
Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants’ peformance in the most recent week.
The complete rules are posted at http://home.sourcecable.net/~roddick/vgcc_rules.htm.

Now for Week 2. Edmonton has the bye this week.
Ottawa @ Montreal
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ Calgary

Good luck!

Wow! I started out so well, with my Ticats burying the Argos, and then THUD! Here goes attempt #2.

Ottawa @ Montreal: Still not convinced the Als are the real deal. Ottawa by 10.
Toronto @ Saskatchewan: I haven’t been following the free agent race, but based on the players I’ve seen in other games…do the Riders have any receivers at all? Argos by 8.
B.C. @ Hamilton: No worries; my team will be just fine until Collaros gets healthy. Home field makes the difference, as it did for the Lions in Week 1. Ticats by 7.
Winnipeg @ Calgary: Did I say last week that Winnipeg was good with Willy? After looking at their record, they weren’t that hot when he was healthy. Stamps by a couple dozen.

Yeah, I'm tied for first place (with my bro :frowning:, Joey football). Here are my picks.

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Thanks BD! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ottawa
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Ottawa
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Darn. I'm new to the board and just now discovered this. I missed week 1. Oh well. Catch up time! :smiley:

Ottawa @ Montreal I haven't heard anything about Hank. Home field gets the larks the close win.

Toronto @ Saskatchewan How is Ricky? Doesn't matter. Sputtered out the gate. Will be improved playing against a first game glitchy team.

B.C. @ Hamilton BC looked horrible. Hamilton looked great. And just think how good they'll look when they start using Gable.

Winnipeg @ Calgary A toss up of laughable suck out of the gate. Home field and higher ceiling gets the horses the pick.

You have to put the http:// in front of your link for it to show as a link BigDave

http://home.sourcecable.net/~roddick/vgcc_standings.htm

Ottawa @ Montreal
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ Calgary

Well off to another typical start for me going 1-3 and currently tied for 28th. Who knew that Hamilton would win it's first season opener since 2004? Or that Trevor Harris would go in at QB for Ottawa, or that B.C. would actually win a game? Will this week be any easier? Probably not, it's only week 2...

Ottawa

Toronto

Hamilton

Calgary

MONTREAL
RIDERS
HAMILTON
CALGARY

Thanks to Dust for the link to the standings :thup:

Thanks for the link Dust I was having a Helluva time finding the standings. As for last week I started out like a house on fire with my Hamilton and Montreal picks before fizzling out with losses in the last 2 games to go .500 on the week. Oh well it's onto week #2 so with that here are my selections.

OTTAWA@ Montreal.............Both teams won in week 1 but the RB's were more impressive against a harder opponent in Edmonton. The RB's win this one but in a much lower scoring fashion as the Montreal "D" keeps this one a close low scoring affair..............Ottawa wins by 4

Toronto @ SASKATCHEWAN.........Toronto looked terrible last week and their woes will continue this week as the Riders take their home opener in a squeaker for the win starved fans of Saskatchewan............Saskatchewan wins by 1

BC @ HAMILTON.............I've got a feeling that this one could get ugly fast. I see a hometown victory for my Cats in a blowout fashion................Hamilton wins by 21

Winnipeg @ CALGARY.........Both teams coming off opening day losses but I can't see the Stamps going 0-2 to start the season. The Bombers still trying to work out the kinks and adjustments................Calgary wins by 10

Thanks Again B. Dave and Good Luck and good picks to everybody this week :smiley: :rockin:

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Go RB! Thanks BD!

My Picks:

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
B.C.
Calgary

Thanks Big Dave

Week 2:

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Thanks, BD

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Ottawa
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

What a surprise - 2 and 2. Again.

My picks for week 2:

Ottawa @ Montreal - The Redblacks offence is looking really good. Defence, not so much. And while the Als did look OK on both sides of the ball, I'm still not convinced. I suspect this will be decided by turnovers - namely, Glenn throwing a couple to the wrong colour jersey.

Toronto @ Saskatchewan - The green Eskies, I mean, green Riders might be a bit rusty after their week 1 bye, but at least will be well rested. The Argos looked bad last week in all aspects of the game, and Ray's arm just doesn't seem to be there yet, no matter what anyone says.

B.C. @ Hamilton - The Ticats looked like they were in mid-season form last week, although that might have had something to do with their opponent. Not sure their pass rush will work as well against the Lions' more mobile QB, but it will keep them on their toes.

Winnipeg @ Calgary - I think the Stamps are still one of the better teams in the west. The Bombers aren't, and probably won't be until Lapo takes over from O'Shea.

My coin flips matched what my real picks would have been - that is either a very good omen or very bad one. :smiley:

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Have to copy T Pats :

Ottawa 
     Saskatchewan
     Hamilton
     Calgary

Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton