Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 2

Week one is now in the books. The standings are posted here. Congratulations to papazoola and ThePiggyman for going 4-0; that's a big deal, especially now that the number of perfect weeks is a bigger factor in the standings.

Now on to Week 2. Calgary has the bye this week.

Again, just a brief explanation of the rules:
To join in, just start making picks.
To make picks, post a reply to this thread, stating which teams you think will win this week's games. You are encouraged to elaborate, or to give spreads, but only the predicted winners will be counted.
If you elaborate, your picks must be clear to me at a glance. I will not read a hundred posts of a thousand words each. If I have to read through an epic post to get your picks, I won't.
No conditional picks. If you make a conditional pick, the first team named is your pick. If you say, for example, "Edmonton if it's raining, B.C. if it's sunny", you've just picked Edmonton, rain or shine.
To be counted for a game, your pick must be in prior to the scheduled kickoff time. If the game is scheduled for 7:00pm, then a post made at 7:01 will be considered late for that game, no exceptions and no excuses.
If you want to change your pick, post a reply to the thread, stating that you want to make a change. Do not edit your original post. Changes, like picks, must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
At the end of the week, participants will be ranked based on total correct picks. Ties will be broken by perfect weeks, followed by aggregate (the total point spreads of all games picked correctly minus the total point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly by percent correct. Note that this is slightly different from last year.
In the event of a dispute, my word is final.

Here are the games for Week 2:
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Montreal
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Saskatchewan @ Toronto

Good luck!

WINN.
BC.
EDM.
SASK.

Thanks Dave

2-2 last week; not a bad start. I think I'm finally getting over my nausea from the Ticat game last night, so I'm going to give this a go now.

Ottawa @ Winnipeg: Winnipeg showed last week that you can't make assumptions about a team based on last year's performance. Ottawa didn't have a last year's performance. That makes this tough. Good Hank could make this a good game. But I'm going with Winnipeg over the "expansion" team. Bombers by 9.

B.C. @ Montreal: Troy Smith has never really impressed me. I don't care how strong his arm is, if a pass is 25 yards over everyone's head, you're not going to move the ball. And no number of Cris Carter's sons and Ochostinkos will change that. Lions by 11.

Hamilton @ Edmonton: The only glaring weakness Hamilton displayed in the game against the Riders may be the hardest one to fix. I'm impressed with Collaros, but with no offensive line in front of him, he's in for another long night. Edmonton played a great game against the Lions, and they should have no trouble picking up their second win. Esks by 15.

Saskatchewan @ Toronto: Okay, this is a gamble. But as good as the Riders are at home, they're not that good on the road. And Toronto still has Ricky Ray, who will not be sacked 10 times. The East finally gets their win over the West. Argos by 2.

For Week 2,

Ottawa
BC
Edmonton
Sasakatchewan

Thanks BigDave!

2-2 - Not great, but not horrible.

My week 2 picks:

Ottawa @ Winnipeg - The Redblacks are going to be competitive this year, but, to my surprise, the Bombers seem to be as well. Very impressed with Willy's arm. The Bombers should take this one in a close game.

B.C. @ Montreal - The Als aren't going to win anything until Smith calms down and gets control over his arm. Glenn should be able to lead the Lions to an easy win.

Hamilton @ Edmonton - The Ticats' lines are definitely showing rust, to put it mildly, and Collaros's inexperience showed last night. The Eskimos should be able to take this one, especially at home.

Saskatchewan @ Toronto - Duh. The Riders lines are intact from last year, and are dominant. The Argos don't have much of a chance here.

Ottawa @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Montreal
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Saskatchewan @ Toronto

Thanks Big Dave!

thanks big dave

Let`s go REDBLACKS!

Thanks BD!

Winnipeg: I don't care who wins :slight_smile:

Montreal: Just because Glenn Threw 4 interceptions when my family was at the game and because Montreal was playing vs Calgary

Edmonton

Saskatchewan

My picks for week 2 are:

Winnipeg over Ottawa

BC over Montreal

Edmonton over Hamilton

Saskatchewan over Toronto

Thank you

Richard

Redblacksgirl says this is who will win in Week 2:

• Ottawa - come on, I have to pick Ottawa, right, as it's their first official game in the CFL and I am RedBlacksgirl)
  • BC
  • Edmonton
  • Saskatchewan

Thanks Big Dave

Winnipeg
B.C.
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Thanks, BigDave!

1. 8) Winnipeg 8) 2) :thup: B.C. :thup: 3) :wink: Edmonton :wink: 4) :o Saskatchewan :o

Bombers
.....B.C.
.......Edm.
........Sask.......

Ottawa
Lions
Edmonton
Roughriders

Ottawa @ Winnipeg - Big crowd in the 'Peg off of last week's upset win. Bombers keep rolling! I get the feeling players love playing for O'Shea.
B.C. @ Montreal - Really don't know where to go with this but I'll bet that Glenn doesn't throw 4 picks this week. Lions get back on track while things start to get really heated in Montreal.
Hamilton @ Edmonton - Hamilton gets it together ... Hopefully ... Otherwise Austin leaves the team in Fort Mac!
Saskatchewan @ Toronto - I think Toronto will be better this week but Riders are still better all around. Riders Win. (Ug! it's so hard to say that!?!?)

3 Roadies ... Hmmm ...

Ottawa @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Montreal
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Saskatchewan @ Toronto

Winnipeg
B.C.
Edmonton
Toronto

I think the home team has another solid week:

Ottawa @ Winnipeg
BC @ Montreal