Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 2

Okay, we’re off to a good start. Everyone got at least one right last week, and 15 called them all! No easy feat for Week 1!

The standings are posted here. Remember the new rankings rules mean that the aggregate spread is now more heavily-weighted than the percentage correct, so the standings look a little different than they would have last year.

Here are the rules, in a nutshell:
Each week I will start a thread, like this one, listing the games being played that week.
To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, but the later you join the harder it will be to catch up.
To make your picks, reply to the thread, stating which teams you think will win. You can elaborate or pontificate all you want, but the predicted winners must be obvious at a glance.
In order to be accepted, your post must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff. No exceptions for any reason.
If you want to change your pick prior to game time, post another reply. DO NOT change your original post.
At the end of the week, the standings will be posted. Rankings are based on the number of correct picks, followed by the aggregate spread (point spread of games picked correctly minus point spread of games picked incorrectly), followed by the percentage of correct picks.
At the end of the season, the top 8 participants will qualify to make picks for the post-season.

And now, here are the games for Week 2:
Winnipeg @ Montreal
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Hamilton

Good luck!

My picks for week 2:

Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Eww. Not so good so far. 60th place. I'd better do better this week.

Winnipeg @ Montreal: Rematch of last week. The Bombers lost at home, and Montreal usually wins in their own park. Gotta go with the odds here. Als by 5.

Toronto @ B.C.: B.C. didn't look so good last week, but I expect they'll play better in their own home. What are the Argos going to do for a kicker, now that they may have crippled theirs for a meaningless convert? Lions by 2.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan: Doesn't matter what I do; I always get Saskatchewan games wrong. Going with the team that had the best week last week. Stamps by 4.

Edmonton @ Hamilton: Edmonton was the only team that didn't score 30 points last week. They are the only team whose #1 quarterback has not proven himself at all. Hamilton is at "home" in Guelph. Cats by 6.

Montreal
BC
Calgary!!! :thup:
Hamilton

Thanks BD

Winnipeg @ Montreal
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Hamilton

Winnipeg @ Montreal
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Hamilton

Montreal and Hamilton feel like the safe picks. I'd be surprised to see B.C. go 0-2 to start the season. The Calgary/Saskatchewan game is probably the toughest pick this week, but something is telling me to go Calgary. Should be a good week!

My best start ever! I'm 3-1 and currently sit...37th?????? ...here are my week 2 picks....

Montreal

Toronto

Saskatchewan

Hamilton

Bombers vs Als - MONTREAL
Argos vs Lions - TORONTO
Calgary vs Riders - SASKATCHEWAN
Esks vs Ti-Cats - HAMILTON

Winnipeg @ Montreal
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Hamilton

Off to a 3-1 start.... Damn Blew team!!

May the bigger teams win this week!

Winnipeg @ Montreal
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Hamilton

Winnipeg @ Montreal
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Hamilton

I thought I had picked BC in week 1, but apparently I made a mistake and took Calgary... :smiley: Good fortune smiles upon me.

Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

I see a few used the infamous "abstain" strategy, and they are ranked ahead of me. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

?

Winnipeg @ Montreal
Toronto @ B.C.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Hamilton

Week 2:
Winnipeg :wink:
B.C. 8)
Calgary :oops:
Hamilton :rockin:

Montreal
B.C.