Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 2

One week down. So far we've got some great participation! Not so great in the stats, though, thanks to a couple of "upsets."

I will be posting the Week 1 standings here, probably about Monday or Tuesday. Please don't get upset and start calling me names if they're late. If you've got a problem, take it up with the schedule makers who scheduled a game on a Sunday night. :x :wink: It's because of that that I'm posting this a little early this week. (cflisthebest and saskfan23: I've got your picks. Thanks.)

Anyway, here are the games for Week 2:
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ B.C.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though the later in the season you join, the harder it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Calgary if Burris plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

It's still early and tough to tell who's good and who isn't. But here's my best shot.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: I actually hope I'm wrong here. But the Toronto team that edged Calgary was more impressive than the Bomber team that schlepped past an even schleppier Ticat team. Argos by 6.

Calgary @ B.C.: Calgary's too good to start out at 0-2. Stamps by 9.

Montreal @ Saskatchewan: I still haven't seen week 1's Riders game, but there's no reason to believe Montreal will not continue their dominance, and that includes beating fellow contenders like Saskatchewan. Als by 4.

Hamilton @ Edmonton: The schedule makers gave Hamilton a gift this season, scheduling their first two games against last season's also-rans. Hamilton blew their chance to take advantage last week, but won't this week. Cats by 3.

Road team sweep!

Here’s my picks;

Toronto at Winnipeg - TORONTO
Calgary at B.C. Lions - CALGARY
Montreal at Roughriders - SASKATCHEWAN
Hamilton at Edmonton - EDMONTON

These ones seem tougher to me than the first week..

Winnipeg
Calgary
Montreal
Hamilton

Toronto - this is the toughest pick for me by far, neither had stellar games last week but I think Toronto looked just that little bit better.Not to mention they have the best HC in the league.
Calgary
Montreal
Hamilton

Toronto
BC
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Toronto @ Winnipeg: WINNER ARGOS
Calgary @ B.C.: WINNER STAMPS
Montreal @ Saskatchewan WINNER ALS
Hamilton @ Edmonton WINNER EDM

Winterpeg - Close game decided by home field advantage
B.C. - Nearly beat the Als in their house, no way they will lose to a lesser team at home.
Montreal - Easy pick
Hamilton - Also easy pick

Winnipeg- 3 reasons. 1- Winnipeg's offence is more dangerous and can put up points in a hurry, not sold on lemon yet.
2- Winnipeg's defense is way better then Calgary's
3- Winnipeg is at home
BC - Have a hunch they will be more hungry for this win after looking decent in second half of Montreal game, should be a close one

Saskatchewan- After a loss Edmonton, they will be hungry. :cowboy: Montreal will show its first signs of a drop off from last year.

Edmonton- Have a feeling about them this year............

Toronto @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ B.C.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton

Here are my picks for the second week of the 2011 season:

Toronto over Winnipeg.

BC over Calgary.

Montreal over Saskatchewan.

Hamilton over Edmonton.

Thank you.

Richard

...Bombers over T.O......Bombers D ...every bit as good as Argos....Offence definitely better than argos....Homefield as well....Wpg. takes 2 points

..Leos over Stamps.......Lulay and company certainly looked better than the kickless stumps in their last outing
If Buono doesn't lapse into another brain malfunction ...Lions win at home

...Riders over Als......Montreal did not impress me that much in their opener...I think they can be had....Riders take it at home in a squeaker

...Esks. over Cats......battle of the cellar dwellers....I'll give the edge to the home team

Toronto @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ B.C.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Edmonton

All home teams this week.

I would like to say before I make my picks for week 2, my condolences to ralfsnart on the loss of his father recently, always tough to read or hear of something like that...

On to week 2 picks:

Toronto @ Winnipeg-- this one is tough to call... but both offences are anemic, but I can't see Toronto just gifting the Bombers a win

Calgary @ BC-- I'll take the Lions at home.. if it comes down the kicking game... advantage Lions

Montreal @ Saskatchewan-- these game are always close, but I think the Riders squeak out a win at Mosaic

Hamilton @ Edmonton-- I'm basing on the fact that Hamilton is the better team... I said that last week and look what happened...

Toronto
BC
Montreal
Hamilton

Toronto

Abstain
Too many variables for me to decide this tough pick so forget it -- The Stamps would be the better overall team but have key players out, and the Lions running game and rush defence sucks though Lulay has surprised and the Lions have the better special teams

Montreal

Edmonton

Bad start for me in week 1 - hoping for a better week 2.

Toronto @ Winnipeg - I thought Winnipeg looked good last week - not sure about the T.O. offense yet.
Calgary @ B.C. - Taking BC only becuase they are at home.
Montreal @ Saskatchewan - The Riders look like they have some work ahead for them! Montreal continues to roll.
Hamilton @ Edmonton - The Esks looked surprisingly effective on both O and D!

Dude, you’ve a 50/50 shot of being right. Why wouldn’t you take a shot? :lol:

Winnipeg
Calgary
Montreal
Edmonton

For now…

Winnipeg
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Dude, you've a 50/50 shot of being right. Why wouldn't you take a shot? :lol:
A 50/50 shot is never good enough for this seasoned small-change gambler and real Vegas winner :) , and plus I feel like whatever pick I make my odds are only 40/60 so I'm not doing it unless something bad happens like either team losing another key player.