Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 2

The standings will be late this week, but when they are done they will be posted here.

What a start to the season! Some ridiculously exciting football in Week 1, and a huge turnout for the start of the VGCC. (I actually had to modify my spreadsheet in order to accommodate the large number of participants.) Let's hope both continue right through the playoffs.

Anyway, on to the business at hand. Here are the games for Week 2:
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Montreal @ Edmonton

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in any time, but the later you join, the more difficult it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Winnipeg if Pierce plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Well, a rough start to the season for me this year. Best I can do in week 1 is 2-2. Here's my picks for what I'm hoping will be a better week 2:

Winnipeg - They're playing at home, they looked strong, and Toronto still has some offensive bugs to work out (though their defence looked not too bad).
Hamilton - They will rebound at home from a weak first game, and Calgary did not look good in their victory against Toronto.
Saskatchewan - Now they have confidence, and the defence will play much better. Of course, I may change this pick depending on how the Lions play on Sunday
Montreal - Calvillo and crew won't lose two in a row.

winnipeg
hamilton
sask
montreal

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Winnipeg
Hamilton
BC
Montreal

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Winnipeg
Calgary
BC
Montreal

Toronto (have that gut feeling
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

I'd better get my picks in now, in case I forget later.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: Not a difficult pick. Bombers by a dozen.
Calgary @ Hamilton: Neither team did very well last week, but the problem Hamilton had is probably going to take longer to fix. Stamps by 6.
Saskatchewan @ B.C.: Hard to pick, since I haven't seen the Lions play yet. But if the Riders can do anything close to what they did last week, they should be able to pull off a win. Riders by 4.
Montreal @ Edmonton: The Als don't often lose two in a row. Als by 6.

Picks for week #2:

Toronto at Winnipeg - WINNIPEG
Calgary at Hamilton - CALGARY
Sask. at B.C. Lions - SASKATCHEWAN
Montreal at Edmonton - EDMONTON

BD you da man!

CFL in Ottawa in 2013!

Starting in week 2 here!
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Winnipeg
Hamilton
BC
Edmonton

Toronto :wink:
Calgary :rockin:
B.C. :lol:
Edmonton 8)

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Sask
Montreal

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

I thought about picking Edmonton, but after tonight, not a chance in hell!

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

My winners for week #2:

Winnipeg
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Montreal

....BOMBERS
.....TI-CATS
.......RIDERS
........ALS.

ok last week, I had a shocker and a game that I would be more than happy to give up.. (aka BC Win)

hopefully this week is easier.

Toronto @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Montreal @ Edmonton

i'm not as confident.. but I think these are good picks..