Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 19

The Week 18 standings are posted here.

Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants’ peformance in the most recent week.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now for Week 19. Toronto has the bye this week.
Edmonton @ Hamilton
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Saskatchewan
Calgary @ Montreal

Good luck!

Edmonton @ Hamilton: Kind of a homer pick; but I’ve got a feeling… Cats by 6.

Ottawa @ Winnipeg: Tough call, but the home team wins this one. Bombers by 9.

B.C. @ Saskatchewan: The last game at old Mosaic…will be a loss. Lions by 11.

Calgary @ Montreal: I may be desperate, but I’m not desperate enough to pick Montreal in this one. Stamps by 50.

Hamilton
Winnipeg
BC
Calgary

Edmonton @ Hamilton
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Saskatchewan
Calgary @ Montreal

Edmonton
Winnipeg
B.C.
Calgary

Woo hoo !!! Finally after 18 weeks I'm at .500 on the season which is great considering I'm in the East :lol: Week 19 already , where oh where has this season gone ? Anyway it's crunch time for some teams, not so much for other teams so let's get picking for this weeks games :

Edmonton @ HAMILTON............Cats still have shot at 1rst in the East while the Esks pretty much are assured a crossover trip for the Semis. Cats need this one more than the Eskies do and will come out on top......Cats by 4

Ottawa @ WINNIPEG..........The Peggers have now gone on an impressive 9-2 run since starting the season at 1-4 and will handle the TWOCOLOURS who are up and down like a toilet seat this season and are simply not as good or as talented as these B.B's...........Bombers by 6

B.C.@ Saskatchewan.........The Lions ruin the party in the last ever game at old Mosaic but the Riders don't go down without a fight in a game that will be closer than it should be considering the two teams records....Lions by 3

CALGARY@ Montreal.........The Als will give everything they got against these Stamps but in the end it will be the same result as it has been all season with the Stamps once again coming out on top in a game that winds up closer then everybody thinks.........Stamps by 7

Okay that's It , that's all Folks !!! Once again good luck to all especially those still in the running and in playoff contention . :rockin:

Thanks Again B-Dave for all yer time and efforts in making this happen for everyone's enjoyment :thup: :slight_smile:

Edmonton
Winnipeg
Roughriders
Calgary

Edmonton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Calgary

HAM
WPG
BC
CGY

Hamilton
Winnipeg
BC
Calgary

Edmonton
Winnipeg
Bc
Calgary

If Ottawa or Hamilton win it could be the win that decides who will reach top of the pile in the east. It would be better if one of the east can hit. 500

Edmonton @ Hamilton
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Saskatchewan
Calgary @ Montreal

Thanks!

EDM
WPG
BC
CGY

THX

Perce90's picks;

Tiger-Cats
Blue Bombers
Roughriders
Stampeders

SuperBro38's picks;

Tiger-Cats
Blue bombers
Roughriders
Stanpeders

Edmonton
Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Split pick last week, but still hanging in there, as nobody had a good week.

My picks for week 19:

Edmonton @ Hamilton - Gutsy pick, or wishful thinking? I don't see the Eskimos really trying here, as winning too many games might just put them into third place, hurting their chance of making it to the Grey Cup. And given that they'll probably be playing the Ticats in the playoffs, they won't be showing too much of the playbook. The Ticats actually seem to be playing well lately, at least in the second half of games, even without half their starters. It'll be close, and high scoring, possibly coming down to the last play yet again.

Ottawa @ Winnipeg - Both the Bombers and Redblacks are in fights to host playoff games right now, so both are going to be trying hard to win. But I think the Bombers have the edge this week, playing at home.

B.C. @ Saskatchewan - The Riders have been playing pretty well lately, but not as well as the Lions. I don't see the Lions losing this one, especially given the fight their in with the Bombers for second place.

Calgary @ Montreal - I could see the Stamps resting some of their veterans this week. And the Als are in training camp mode now, and I think their players, especially on offence, will want to show the coaches why they should be back next year. definite possibility for an upset here.

Edmonton @ Hamilton
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Saskatchewan
Calgary @ Montreal

2 - 2 and I hold steady in 8th place ...

This Week's Picks;

Edmonton vs Hamilton - Edmonton - This is the "Tough Call" game of the week and as I have done in several other weeks, I have left my pick blank, as I work this out. Hamilton may have Zack back, but is that enough? Edmonton is playing well, but will their defense hold? Banks is still out, along with a lot of other Hamilton players. Edmonton is trying to get into the west playoffs (strange I know, but they could still end up second in the west)! I think this one goes to Edmonton in a squeaker. Edmonton by 3 (with NO confidence)

Ottawa vs Winnipeg - Winnipeg - This is a "gut call", but Hank was last week, so Frank will show up this week and Winnipeg likes turnovers. Winnipeg by 7.

B.C. vs Saskatchewan - BC - If Saskatchewan wins this one, they help Edmonton possibly move up in the west and BC is just the better team. BC by 7.

Calgary vs Montreal - Calgary - "Nuff Said". Calgary by 10.

Thank you Big Dave for running this contest for us each year. Good Luck to all my fellow competitors.

:cowboy:

Edmonton
Winnipeg
B.C.
Calgary

....Ham.
.......Wpg.
.........B.C.
..........Cal.