Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 19

Just a couple of weeks left to go in the regular season. Remember that only the top 8 will qualify for the post-season, so you may want to make your picks accordingly. The standings after Week 18 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 19. Saskatchewan has the bye this week.
Hamilton @ Ottawa
Winnipeg @ Calgary
B.C. @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Montreal

Good luck!

Hamilton @ Ottawa: A loss in this game and Hamilton can forget about first place, and will need a lot of help to even make the post-season. Ottawa is playing out the string, and is 0-2 against the Cats so far. If Fantuz plays, this won't be close. Cats by 10.

Winnipeg @ Calgary: Winnipeg is now the second team playing for pride and jobs. This game means nothing to Calgary. But I don't see them sitting healthy players this early, and Willy won't be able to do much if he's on his backside all day like he was against the Lions. Stamps by a whole bunch.

B.C. @ Edmonton: If B.C. wins this by 8 or more, they could still finish second if they beat the Stamps and get some help from the Riders next week. They could also be forced to cross over to the Eastern Division, to play against a team that has pretty much had their way with the Western teams for the past two months. Edmonton can clinch second and a home playoff game with a win here, and that's exactly what I see happening. Esks by 9.

Toronto @ Montreal: Either team could finish first, or neither could finish first; either team could miss the playoffs, or neither could miss the playoffs. Hard to remember a time when we could say that this late in the season. This game will go a long way towards deciding what will happen. Montreal would clinch a playoff spot with a win here. And they will. Als by 11.

My picks are:

Hamilton
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal

Thank you BigDave

Richard

Ottawa
Calgary
Edmonton
Toronto

Thanks BD! :slight_smile:

My picks for Week 19:

Ottawa
Calgary
Edmonton
Toronto

Tiger-Cats
Stampeders
Eskimos
Alouettes

Hamilton vs Ottawa - HAMILTON
Winnipeg vs Calgary - CALGARY
BC Lions vs Eskimos - EDMONTON
Toronto vs Montreal - MONTREAL

Hamilton @ Ottawa
Winnipeg @ Calgary
B.C. @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Montreal

Hamilton
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal

Hamilton @ Ottawa - HAMILTON
Winnipeg @ Calgary - CALGARY
B.C. @ Edmonton - EDMONTON
Toronto @ Montreal - MONTREAL

Redblacks
Eskimos
Stamps
Argos

Thanks Big Dave

HAMILTON @ Ottawa
Winnipeg @ CALGARY
B.C. @
Edmonton
Toronto @MONTREAL

Still not mathematically eliminated, but everybody above me would need to go 0-4 both remaining weeks while I go 4-0. Should I wait to figure out the one possible set of picks that would let that happen? Somehow, I suspect that would involve picking all the underdogs - Ottawa, Winnipeg, B.C., Toronto (yeah, that's right!) - and hoping for a bizarro world week. OK, maybe not.

My picks for week 19 (like it matters anymore):

Hamilton @ Ottawa - If the Ticats roll over this week, they deserve to miss the playoffs. But given the Redblacks stronger-than-expected defence, who knows?

Winnipeg @ Calgary - The Stamps may end up resting a few key players, but even so, they'll still beat the Bombers - who definitely deserve to miss the playoffs.

B.C. @ Edmonton - This could be a close one, but the Eskimos are just a better team than the Lions.

Toronto @ Montreal - Toss up here. Both teams are playing well lately, but the Also have a bit of an edge over the Argos, if only because they're playing at home.

Hamilton
Calgary
Edmonton
Toronto

Hamilton
Calgary
B.C.
Montreal

Well, well, well, another 3-1 week and another climb of 4 spots to another season high of 44th. Probably more of the same this week...

Hamilton - An easy pick. While the score maybe close, the outcome is already certain.

Calgary - A meaningless game for both teams. The better team should still win...

Edmonton - A tougher pick, and while I rather see the Riders in the crossover I don't think the Lions have what it takes to beat the Eskimos.

Toronto - Ugh, the tough pick of the week. Logically it should be a pick for Montreal at home, but the Argos managed to gut out a win against Hamilton last week, so I wouldn't be surprised if the beat the Als by a narrow score...

I can't believe i'm the only one in the top 30 without a perfect week all season! :roll:

so many games that just didn't go my way.

Hamilton @ Ottawa
Winnipeg @ Calgary
B.C. @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Montreal

maybe this one?

Hamilton
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal

Thanks!

1. :P Hamilton :P 2) :cowboy: Calgary :cowboy: 3) :thdn: Edmonton :thdn: 4) :rockin: Toronto :rockin:

For Week 19,

Hamilton
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal

Thanks BigDave !