Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 19

The final week of the regular season. After this week, the top 8 participants qualify for the post-season.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 19:
Calgary @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Montreal

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though at this point new participants will not be able to catch up to qualify for the post-season.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Winnipeg if Pierce plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Cal
BC
Sask (please)
Mon

Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Yikes! A 2-2 week and I go from a tie for second to essentially NINTH! I've got to make up some ground this week, so I may make some last-minute desperation changes depending on how everyone else picks.

Calgary @ Winnipeg: Last week Calgary looked like the only team that had anything to play for, even though they have first place locked up. Winnipeg, without a quarterback and playing only for pride, won't have a chance against them. Stamps by 20.

B.C. @ Hamilton: Despite fighting for a playoff spot, the Lions stumbled to a victory over a Rider team that seemed determined to hand them the game. Hamilton got the spanking they deserved, and will need a win to get that bad taste out of their mouths. Fortunately for them (and me), they are capable of doing so. Cats by 9.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan: If B.C. beats Hamilton, Edmonton will need this win to clinch a playoff spot. Saskatchewan has lost four in a row, and I have no confidence in their ability to beat the surging Eskimos, who've now won three in a row and 5 of their last 6. Esks by 10.

Toronto @ Montreal: Montreal has not played well lately, and would like to go into the playoffs on a high note. As badly as they played last week, they still managed to beat the Argos. In their own park, the win should be easier. Als by 15.

wow, if I have any hopes of getting into the playoffs, i'm gonna need a perfect 4-0 week!

stupid Riders, ruin my perfect week! :x

Wow, another tough week to pick...Who will be resting starters?

CALGARY Over Winnipeg. Calgary is far too good. Can't see them ending the season on a losing note. CALGARY by10

BC Over Hamilton. BC has everything to play for Hamilton has clinched Home field for the Semi-final. Glenn might play the first half, then get rested. BC by 4

SASKATCHEWAN Over Edmonton. Could Saskatchewan really lose 5 in a row? I think Home field advantage will be a factor. SASKATCHEWAN by 7

MONTREAL Over Toronto. While Montreal squeeked out a win on that wild and crazy ending, they will be much better at home. MONTREAL by 8

Calgary @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Montreal

can't believe I'm picking the Esks... :frowning:

Calgary
BC
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Calgary
Hamilton
Edmonton
Toronto

Calgary - I'd like to see the Bombers win it but even with Calgary idling into the playoffs, no good QB = no win
B.C. - It would be a nailbiter but no way will Hamilton play all their top players all game
Saskatchewan - Meh
Montreal - Als wrap it up at home with a win

I feel the need to let everyone know again, I went 4-0 this week.
Maybe not the biggest deal, but if you've seen my record this year, you'd understand...

Anyways

Toronto (I just have a funny feeling)
BC (please!!!!)
Saskatchewan (never again but, you've got my full fledged support!!!)
Calgary (I'm pretty sure Mike Kelly is laughing somewhere in the states... LaPolice is an awful coach and I think people underestimated Kelly as a coach. He was a headcase, but at least his team was close to the playoffs..)

picks for week 19

Calgary @ Winnipeg
BC @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Montreal

Since I wont be making into the playoffs thanks to the Riders losing streak, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Big Dave for running the VGCC every year. I enjoy participating in this every year. You do a great job on this every season.

To win but subject to change:

Calgary
BC
Edmonton
Montreal

I feel like this weekend I will go something other than 2-2. This will be the worst weekend to pick games. :frowning:

Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Week 19:
Calgary :rockin:
B.C. :frowning:
Edmonton :twisted:
Toronto :roll:

Calgary @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Montreal

Here are the games for Week 19:

Calgary @ Winnipeg - Calgary win. Calgary will be resting some starters and playing some basic offence and defence which still will be enough to win against the Bombers.

B.C. @ Hamilton - BC win. Hamiltion will be resting some starters and playing some basic offence and defence. BC needs this win and will be playing for everything.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan - Edmonton win. Edmonton will need this win and will be playing for everything. Saskatchewan on the otherhand may rest some of their starters and setup things for a win when it counts in the semi-final playoff game against the same Eskimos

Toronto @ Montreal - Montreal win. Both teams will be resting some starters and playing some basic offence and defence. Both teams want to show their best offence and defence during the playoffs not in the last game of the season. On the basic level Montreal is the better team.

Important memo
Marcel Bellefeuille, Head coach of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats said on the Tiger-Cats show Monday night that they WOULD NOT be resting starters.If players are healthy, they're playing.Look for the likely return of Arland Bruce, Kyries Hebert, Ellis Lankster or Jason Shivers starting over the injured Bo Smith, Eddie Steele and Jermaine Reid sharing starting reps over the injured Matt Kirk, maybe Cobb sits and A.J. Harris starts because Cobb got hurt last week.

Just wanna let everyone know so they don't base their picks on false info., cheers! :cowboy:

Week 19;

Calgary at Winnipeg - CALGARY
B.C. Lions at Hamilton - HAMILTON
Edmonton at Sask. - SASKATCHEWAN
Toronto at Montreal - MONTREAL