Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 19

Here we are already in the final week of the regular season. Playoffs start next week, and only the top eight will qualify. Those of you who are close may want to keep that in mind when making your picks. I'll explain the playoff structure in more detail next week, or you can check out the rules to get a full description.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 19:
Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Montreal @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Calgary

Everyone is welcome to participate. To join in, just start making picks. Pick the teams you think will win each game as a response to this thread. While discussion is encouraged, please make your picks clear at a glance. Picks must be in before the scheduled kickoff time in order to be considered for any game. You can see a complete list of the rules here.

Good Luck!

redwhite2005 below

Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Montreal @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Calgary

Famous below

Saskatchewan
Montreal
Winnipeg
Calgary

Toronto
Edmonton
B.C.
Hamilton

Saskatchewan
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Calgary

Cant make the post season. Thanks to Big Dave for running things. Good luck to the play off guys.

Just for the heck of it:

Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
BC
Edmonton

Toronto
Montreal
Winnipeg
B.C.

Well, don’t think I can get in the playoffs, but it’s been a blast Dave…thanks for all the time you invest in this. Makes watching the games just a little bit more fun.

Next year I’m getting in from the get-go…then (maybe) I’ll stand a chance. You guys are good.

:)

Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Montreal @ Edmonton: Cuz i hope they sit there starters!
Hamilton @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Calgary

Saskatchewan
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Calgary

Sask.
Mont.
Glue Bombers
That team with the quarterback with suction cup lips.....Stampeders

Saskatchewan
Edmonton
Winnipeg
B.C.

Please Calgary prove me wrong. Although that might kick me out of the Playoffs. I’m right on the bubble, and I want to play again next week.

Toronto
Edmonton
Hamilton
BC
Hope I get them all wrong. That way the riders get to host the western semi-finals. Like debralynn stated next year I have to start on week one instead of week 3.

Saskatchewan: The Argos are not good, and this game means nothing to them. The Riders need this for a shot at a home playoff game.
Montreal: Edmonton looked pretty bad last week. Montreal looked pretty good.
Winnipeg: It looks like Printers will be starting for the Cats. Without Lumsden and Caulley, Hamilton's strength -- the running game -- has been woefully inadequate. The Bombers may rest some of their players for at least part of the game, making it closer than it should be.
B.C.: Calgary will probably sit out a bunch of players, since this game means nothing to them. If the Riders win on Thursday, the Lions will need this game to finish second, so they'll be playing everyone.

RIDERS....over Argos.

....ESKIMOS....over Als.

.....BOMBERS ...over Ti-Cats

.......LIONS ....over Stamps/.

Big Dave:

As usual, another 3-1 week, just maybe I can get a bit lucky and finish the season with a perfect week.  Here are my picks for week #19.
  1. Saskatchewan @ Toronto- It is the last week of the season and the Riders need the game for home field in the first playoff round. I expect them to get it, and even though Toronto has played better of late, they still haven’t won since Don Matthews took over as coach. I’m taking Saskatchewan by 7 points.

2. Montreal @ Edmonton- Probably the most evenly matched game of the week, and usually in these cases I take the home team. With the surprising loss by Montreal last week at home to Winnipeg, and Edmonton in the playoffs and going to play in Winnipeg, I’ll take a hunch and pick Montreal by 4 points.

3. Hamilton @ Winnipeg- With the Ti-Cats again sporting the worst record in the league, I don’t see a road win in their future. The Blue Bombers are playing better and must be sky high from their win in Montreal. This should carry over to a victory, so I’m taking Winnipeg by 9 points.

4. BC Lions @ Calgary- I know this game is more important to the Lions than the Stampeders, but pride makes me feel the Stampeders would like nothing better than to finish with a win and hurt the Lions playoff chances by making them play on the road. I’m taking Calgary by 6 points.

Thank you Big Dave for a great year, and now it’s on to the playoffs.

Thanks Big Dave for another great season. Good luck to the playoff bound.

CFL in Ottawa soon!
Go Sens Go!

Saskatchewan
Montreal
Winnipeg
BC

Saskatchewan
Montreal
Winnipeg
B.C.

Sask, Esks, Bombers, Calgary!

Sask