Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 19

Here are the matchups for week 19:
Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ B.C.

The standings are available to view at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm

To make your picks, reply to this thread (please don’t quote this post) with your picks for the winners.

Participants will be ranked based primarily on the number of correct picks. Point spreads are not considered. If you elaborate on your picks, please make your pick clear at a glance. If I have to read paragraphs of prose to figure out who you think will win, I won’t bother.

The deadline to make a pick for any game is the scheduled kickoff time of that game. No exceptions. A pick for a 7:00 game will be considered late if it is posted at 7:01.

If you want to change one of your picks, please post a new reply. DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. If a post has been edited, only those games played after the latest edit will count.

Good luck!

Oops! Slipped out of the Top 8...Gonna have to take a chance this week.

Saskatchewan @ Toronto: Riders won last week, which means they'll lose this week. The fact that they're playing in Toronto seems to bear that out. Argos by a field goal.

Edmonton @ Montreal: The Als lost a close one last week, but Edmonton is no Saskatchewan. Montreal by a bundle.

Calgary @ Winnipeg: The Stamps have their playoff position set, so they have nothing to play for. The Bombers can still get a home playoff game, so they'll be going all out. This is the chance I'm taking to try and get back into the race. Bombers by 1.

Hamilton @ B.C.: I wanted to pick Hamilton, saying that B.C. would rest all their first string players. Then I realized that B.C. could rest all their backups too and still walk all over the Cats. Lions by a thousand.

I'm just happy I don't have to scroll down to see myself in the list....

I'll say....

Toronto (same reason as BigDave, plus TO's still fighting for a spot, we're locked in at 3rd place)
Montreal
Winnipeg
BC

tor mont winnipeg bc

My picks for week 19 are:
Saskatchewan
Montreal
Calgary
BC

Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ B.C.

BigDave, I have submitted my picks for every week yet it looks like I'm missing atleast 3 games in my total record.

Saskatchewan
Montreal
Calgary might be changing this one.
B.C.

Toronto
Montreal
Winnipeg
BC

*Saskatchewan
*Montréal
*Winnipeg
*B.C.

Thanks BigDave

Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ B.C.

TORONTO Over Saskatchewan. Riders are in Toronto is playing for first place. Riders always have problems in Toronto. TORONTO By 6

MONTREAL Over Edmonton. Eskies can't beat those Eastern teams. Montreal will bounce back to win. MONTREAL by 8

CALGARY Over Winnipeg Calgary needs to keep the momentum going with that week off comming. CALGARY by 8

BC
Over Hamilton The Lions defense will feast on the Ticats. Even with Sportsmen playing QB, the Lions should win this one in a laugher. BC by 15

Saskatchewan
Edmonton
Winnipeg
B.C.

Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ B.C.

Home team POWER!!!
What I want to occur:
Go 'Riders! Go Esks! Go Blue! ...don't care. :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks, BD!

Toronto over Saskatchewan
Montreal over Edmonton
Calgary over Winnipeg
BC over Hamilton

Winners:

Toronto
Edmonton
Calgary :cowboy:
B.C.

saskatchewan, edmonton, calgary , hamilton!!

Well, looks like my season's in the crapper now. So I really shouldn't give a horse's hiney who wins. But just for the sake of argument...

Toronto over Saskatchewan
Montréal over Edmonton
Winnipeg over Calgary
B.C. over Hamilton

Well BigDave, 2-2 last week with two close losses when picking Edmonton and Montreal. I'm ready and looking forward to a big week this week. Here are my picks:

1. Saskatchewan @ Toronto- I didn't pick the Riders last week and they won at home, therefore they will lose this week on the road. Toronto needs this game more. I'm taking Toronto by 10 points.

2. Edmonton @ Montreal- Just by picking them so much, one of these weeks Montreal will win when I pick them. They are home, the Eskimos can't win on the road, so I'm taking Montreal by 7 points.

3. Calgary @ Winnipeg- Calgary finally played a solid game last week against the best team in the league. Even though they are on the road and not great there, I think they can win a close one from the Blue Bombers. I'm taking Calgary by 3 points.

4. Hamilton @ BC Lions- I really feel sorry for the Tiger Cats to have to play BC in Vancouver after they got beat by Calgary last week. No chance for the Tiger Cats. I'm taking the BC Lions by 14 points, and it could be more.

Thanks BigDave, I've had alot of fun making my picks, and even though I won't be in the playoffs, I will look forward to next year and picking again, after next week's games.

TORONTO ARGONAUTS over Saskatchewan Roughriders
MONTREAL ALOUETTES over Edmonton Eskimos
WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS over Calgary Stampeders
BRITISH COLUMBIA LIONS over Hamilton Tiger Cats

....this last week killed any chance of climbing the ladder so it's time to pick em like Sancho would....

Toronto
Montreal
Calgary
BC