Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 18

The standings after Week 17 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 18. Calgary has the bye this week.
Montreal @ Toronto
Hamilton @ B.C.
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

Good luck!

Argos vs Montreal - TORONTO
Lions vs Hamilton - HAMILTON
Bombers vs Ottawa - WINNIPEG
Riders vs Edmonton - EDMONTON

MTL
HAM
WPG
EDM

THX

Yet another 3-1 week, but I finally break the top 30 by going up two spots to 29th. I still have yet to post a perfect week yet, but at least I’m not the highest without a perfect week, that honour goes to bluereggie at 28… :stuck_out_tongue:

Toronto - The Argos are once again on the road at Tim Hortons Field facing Montreal again needing win to draw even with Hamilton for first. They’ll get it.

Hamilton - Two young rookie back-up QBs going head to head in this one. Unfortunately for the Lions they don’t have the same quality defence that Ti-Cats have. The Cats need a win to stay ahead of Toronto for first in the East. They’ll get it.

Ottawa - The RubyGlooms have clinched a playoff spot but they need a win to keep pace with Hamilton in the East. They’ll get it.

Edmonton - The Eskimos have been winning despite having almost no offence. Fortunately they’re playing Saskatchewan who are a team that keeps losing due to having almost no defence. Edmonton needs a win to put the pressure on the Stampeders for first on the West. They’ll get it.

Yay! 4-0, for my third perfect week! I'm up to #7 now! Yay!

Montreal @ Toronto: Okay, so again while the Cats are away, the mice -- that is, the Argos -- will play. These squatters don't play well in Tim Horton's Field, but a lot of that can be attributed to their opponents thus far. Now they're facing the Alouettes, who, though they broke the Tim Horton's curse, have also had some crushing defeats within these walls. They will not put up the fight that Calgary did last week, and will likely not have the same result. Argos by 5.

Hamilton @ B.C.: Okay, can we finally stop doubting whether Jeff Mathews can get the job done. After he put up nearly 400 yards against the Riders, people continued to doubt him, and what does he do? Merely completes 84% of his passes against Montreal, a team that was supposed to be a tough test. Now he's facing another hot-potato team, and despite the time difference, should put up similar numbers. Hamilton's offence, defence and special teams are all superior to B.C.'s. Cats by 11.

Ottawa @ Winnipeg: I'd like to explain my expression "hot-potato" team here. We know Calgary and Edmonton will make the playoffs in the West, and that Hamilton, Toronto and Ottawa will make the playoffs in the East. That last western spot is a toss-up between Winnipeg, B.C. and Montreal. But they're passing around that playoff spot like a hot potato, as if no one wants to get stuck going to Alberta in November. And really, who can blame them? As you can see, my picks say this trend will continue. Ottawa's too good for these Bombers. RedBlacks by 9.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan: Yay! The Riders are back, and they're playing the Eskimos. I can't imagine how any pick could possibly be easier. Esks by a thousand.

:cowboy:

Montreal
B.C.
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Tor.
Ham.
WINN.
Edm.

Thanks Dave.

A 3-1 week and I’m still stuck at the #23 position. Oh well much like the Als,Bombers and Lions I guess I still have a shot at the playoffs, but time is not on my side. Anyway here we go on to Week 18 and my predictions :

MONTREAL@ Toronto @ Hamilton…I have to go with the team that has actually won at THF although there has been a lot of changes since then. The Hobo team of the CFL those homeless Argos have now played 4 games in Hamilton going back to last year and have yet to register a win in the Hammer. It doesn’t seem to matter if they play the Cats or whomever, they seem to save their worst for games at THF. It will be interesting to see if the attendance improves from the Stampeder game…I wouldn’t bet on it…The stumbling,bumbling Alouettes fall ass backwards in this one and still somehow wind up winning by a fg anyways.

Hamiton @ B.C.…Tough pick for me going against my boys but the Cats have a short week and a long flight out to the coast to play a desperate team needing a victory to keep their playoff hopes alive. The Lions almost beat a superior Eskimo team last week and just fell short. This will be an entertaining high scoring affair with the Lions somehow eking it out at the end this time around…The Lions win this by 3 in OT.

Ottawa @ WINNIPEG…I know, I know,this pick makes absolutely no sense after last weeks game BUT surely to God there has to be some sort of pulse in those Bombers veins and a little bit of pride ? A victory here by the BB’s might just assure them of locking up that last playoff spot in the Great Turtle Race of 2015. I don’t know why but I’ll take the Bumbling Bombers in this one…Winnipeg wins by 4

EDMONTON@ Saskatchewan…Finally ! This should be the No Brainer of the Week. The Eskimos have won their last 6 games in a row and remain the hottest team in the league. The Riders on the other hand ? Well the less said the better but for those keeping track these Riders going back to last year are now an unbelievably BAD 4 Wins and 20 Losses in their last 24 games played…YUCK !!! The Eskimos sleep walk through this game and still manage to knock off these Sad-sacks…Edmonton wins by 21.

So there ya have it folks , for what it’s worth, Bobo’s Week 18 picks…(subject to change :wink: )stayed tuned :slight_smile:
Taking: ALOUETTES/LIONS/BLUE BOMBERS/ESKIMOS.

Thanks again B-Dave :thup: and Good Luck to all on your picks this week. :smiley:

Toronto
Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Toronto
Hamilton
Ottawa
Edmonton

And just like last week where nobody had a good week, this week I went 4-0 as did half the field. At least I didn't lose ground on the pack.

My picks for week 18:

Montreal @ Toronto - I'm pulling for the Als this week - for multiple reasons - but I just don't see them beating the Argos. The Als defence seems to be slipping lately, and the Argos defence should be able to hold Glenn with his half a playbook.

Hamilton @ B.C. - The Lions came close to winning last week, but the Ticats's (I think) are a bit more complete a team than the Eskimos. The only thing the Lions have going for them is the late, late start. Won't be enough.

Ottawa @ Winnipeg - The Bombers are still in their power dive, so the Redblacks should be good enough to win this one.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan - The Riders are now in training camp mode, giving their backup QBs some valuable reps, and maybe other backups as well. The Eskimos, on the other hand, are fighting for first place and won't be letting up at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see a blow-out here.

Toronto
Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Thanks BigDave

toronto
hamilton
ottawa
edmonton

Toronto
Hamilton
Ottawa
Edmonton

Montreal
B.C.
Ottawa
Edmonton

Toronto
Abstain
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Toronto
Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Montreal @ Toronto
Hamilton @ B.C.
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

Still floundering around the middle of the pack with no hope of climbing (to far)! My picks this week …

Montreal vs Toronto; Montreal - I’m putting some faith in the idea that Glenn will be able to do more with more than one practice with his “new” receivers. Montreal by 3

Hamilton vs B.C.; B.C. - Just like last week I thought that Edmonton could lose to BC (and they almost did), so can Hamilton. Hamilton’s Special Teams and Defense are no better than Edmonton’s and Jennings did fairly well against them. Mathews still hasn’t faced a “good” defense (under good weather conditions - Calgary game was a “blow out” tongue firmly in cheek). I think BC takes this one by 10.

Ottawa vs Winnipeg; Ottawa - I gotta go with Burris on this one. Winnipeg doesn’t have that good a defense and their offense is “okay”. I expect a better game from the RBs … Ottawa by 7

Edmonton vs Saskatchewan; Edmonton - Saskatchewan isn’t even playing for respect now and could be overlooked … the only thing that makes them dangerous (IMO), but I just can’t see Edmonton losing this. This is more of a full dress/contact practice and may just be what Edmonton’s Offense needs to get going. Edmonton by 21.

Good Luck to all the competitors and thank you to Big Dave for running this for us!

:cowboy:

My picks for week 18:

Toronto
BC
Ottawa
Edmonton