Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 18

The standings after Week 17 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 18. Edmonton has the bye this week.
Montreal @ Ottawa
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
Hamilton @ Toronto
B.C. @ Winnipeg

Good luck!

My climb up the standings has stalled after a drop in Week 16. Time to regroup and get moving again.

Montreal @ Ottawa: Don't get me wrong, I'll be cheering for Ottawa with all my might. But realistically, I don't think they have a chance to end Montreal's 4-game winning streak. Als by 9.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: Joseph, Sunseri, Doege...doesn't really matter. These Riders have no shot at beating the best team in the league. Stamps by 11.

Hamilton @ Toronto: Continuing to ride the Hamilton wave, wherever it takes me. If Hamilton can repair their running game (Grigsby?) they should be able to do what they failed to do two weeks ago: finish off the Argos. Doubt there'll be a 4th-quarter letdown this week. Cats by 6.

B.C. @ Winnipeg: The Bombers need to win this to have any chance of finishing fourth and taking the crossover playoff spot. But with Willy wobbly and Brohm broken, I doubt they'll be able to muster enough offence to pull that off. Lions by 4.

Wow, another 3-1 week, and I managed to climb two spots to a season high 46th. This week looks to be more of the same with three easy picks and one tough one. It's also an important week in deciding playoff positions. So I'm making picks that run contrary to how I want it to go down....

Montreal - Yeah, they're playing Ottawa. Sure the Als may use this game as practice, try out new things, disguise some plays, but they're not losing...

Calgary - The Stamps have looked very wobbly of late, but lucky for them they're playing the Riders who continue their backward march into the playoffs...

Hamilton - The tough pick of the week could go either way. The Argos won by a single point two weeks ago. I expect the Cats to be better prepared this week.

B.C. - While the Lions have some good elements to the team, but like the Riders and Bombers, they haven't beat any of the top teams of late. Lucky for them they're playing Winnipeg...

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
B.C.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Winnipeg

Woo Hoo !!!!!! After 17 weeks finally a perfect 4-0 week :smiley: and only 3 other players perfect as well :thup: Now on to Week 18

MONTREAL @ Ottawa......the RB's are so anemic on offense that all the Al's have to do is score a pair of fgs to insure another victory......So it's the Al's by at least 6 in a low scoring yawner.
Saskatchewan @ CALGARY ........The "Not so Rough" Riders continue their losing ways with the Geritol Kid trying hard but failing against the young gun Bo Levi.........The Stamps by at least 14 hardly breaking a sweat along the way
HAMILTON @ Toronto.....No collapse this time around, Cats win in a walk sending the posers packing for the season,Cats by 1000 :rockin:
B.C @ Winnipeg......The Lions secure a playoff spot for the 18th consecutive season,although I think the BB's come to play in this one making it close......Lions by 3

Thanks Big D :smiley: :cowboy:

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
BC

Thanks!

Crying note: I missed/forgot deadline too predict 5 games from the regular season. I picked 4 of these Right and one wrong.
If I would have place these picks in time I would be at 50 wins one off the lead. However I didn't so I have to go all out for some upsets. Soft picks would be Montreal, Calgary, Hamilton, BC lions. So here goes the gamble!!

Ottawa Home and primed
Calgary
Toronto A must all in win
Winnipeg Home and Wee Willy

Home teams win all !! We shell sea or not to be???????????

Thanks for your time Dave

My picks for Week 18:

Montreal- no hope for the REDBLACKS here

Saskatchewan- everybody thinks this will be an easy win for the Stamps, but it my upset pick

Toronto- Argos are going to spoil the Cats' chances of finishing 1st

BC- the Lions win, but it will be close

For Week 18,

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
BC

Thanks BigDave!

Montreal @ Ottawa - Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Calgary - Calgary
Hamilton @ Toronto - Hamilton
B.C. @ Winnipeg - B.C

Montreal @ Ottawa - MONTREAL
Saskatchewan @ Calgary - CALGARY
Hamilton @ Toronto - HAMILTON
B.C. @ Winnipeg- B.C.

Als vs Ottawa - MONTREAL
Riders vs Calgary - CALGARY
Hamilton vs Toronto - TORONTO
Lions vs Blue Bombers - BC

:rockin:

BC, Calgary, Toronto, Montrea :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

Thanks Big Dave :rockin:

Alouettes
Tiger-Cats
Stampeders
Lions

Montreal @ Ottawa
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
Hamilton @ Toronto
B.C. @ Winnipeg

Montreal
Calgary
Toronto
BC

Montreal @ Ottawa - Montreal's defense shuts down Smilin' Hank & the Butterfinger 5.
Saskatchewan @ Calgary - I suppose the Riders have a chance if the Stamps unwittingly take a meaningless game off, but I doubt that will happen.
Hamilton @ Toronto - Really dodgy pick here but I'll take Ray and Owens fighting for their playoff lives against the Cats who are 1-6 on the road.
B.C. @ Winnipeg - Tempted to gamble on the Bombers against a real jekyll and hide BC team, but not when they have an iffy QB situation.

Time to make a move.

Ottawa
Calgary
Toronto
Winnipeg

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
B.C.

I'm not mathematically eliminated yet...although I need over 30 people to go 0-4 for the rest of the year to make the playoffs. Oh well....

My picks for week 18:

Montreal @ Ottawa - GO REDBLACKS!!! OK, while I would like the Redblacks to win this one, I don't see it happening. The Als should win this low scoring (what else would you expect from a game involving the Redblacks?) game fairly easily.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary - Is Durant back yet? No? The the Riders aren't going to beat anyone, let alone the Stamps.

Hamilton @ Toronto - OSKEE WEE WEE!!! This one is definitely winnable for the Ticats, especially at home, or should I say in front of a huge crowd of Ticat fans. Not writing the Argos off completely, but I just think the Ticats are the better team right now. (Of course, I always do.)

B.C. @ Winnipeg - Last week, the Bombers met up with a team that I think might have been coasting. The Lions won't be, given that third place, and maybe even second, is on the line.