Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 18

The Week 17 standings are now posted here.
Down to the last couple of weeks in the regular season; the playoff picture is becoming clearer in the CFL, though there are still a lot of people with a mathematical possibility of qualifying for the post-season in the VGCC. The top 8 will qualify for the post-season, so with only 8 games remaining you may want to make your picks accordingly.

For those new to the forum, here's a rundown of the rules:
To join in, just start making picks.
Reply to this thread with your picks for the games. You're encouraged to elaborate, but only the predicted winners are taken into account, and your picks must be clear at a glance without having to read a big long post. There are no conditional picks allowed.
Picks must be in by the scheduled kickoff time, or they will not be counted.
To change your picks, post a new message to the thread. Do not edit your original post.
The complete rules are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 18:
B.C. @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Montreal

Good luck!

My picks are:

BC
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Thank you and have a nice week.

Richard

Well, I guess I'm a long shot for qualifying for the post-season, so I'm just going to pick the teams I think will win, and what happens happens.

B.C. @ Calgary: B.C. showed last week that they don't need Bruce, Simon, or even Lulay to dominate. They are the best team in the country, with the best defence, and playing them is a scary prospect for any team. Next victim: the Stamps. Lions by 9.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: The last regular season game at Ivor Wynne Stadium. :frowning: A loss by Hamilton would finalize everything except which team will cross over to play Toronto. Winnipeg can play the spoiler, and probably would like to do that after Hamilton's loss eliminated the Bombers from the post-season. But Hamilton played a good game against Calgary, losing on a bobbled snap on a field goal attempt, normally Hamilton's best unit. That means either Hamilton is now playing with the sense of desperation that they should have had the past month, or that they're due now for a bad outing. I'm going with the former. Cats by 6.

Toronto @ Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan and Edmonton are fighting to see which (if either) will cross over into the Eastern Division for the playoffs. Hard to say which they would prefer, knowing that a home playoff game is now out of reach for both, and the road to the Grey Cup will likely be a bit tougher from the left coast. But Saskatchewan is at home, and they're tough to beat there; and no doubt they will want to finish the season with a couple of wins, so the possibility that they might throw this game is a bit off. That, plus a little wishful thinking, has made up my mind. Riders by 3.

Edmonton @ Montreal: Edmonton can clinch a playoff spot with a win; Montreal already has first place sewn up. But Montreal is not likely to ease up, or to sit their best players these last two weeks, especially with a bye week before they would play again. Going with the odds on this one. Als by 8.

My picks for week 18:

Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

I've been a long shot since a started, busy summer, didn't really come on here at all. Have a good percentage though so I'll keep playing for pride.

B.C. @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Montreal

I have the worst percentage going, so I'm not sure what I'm playing for, except stubbornness.

B.C. @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Montreal

Here are my picks for Week 18:
B.C.
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Thanks BD :smiley:

B.C.
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Lions vs Calgary - LIONS
Winnipeg vs Hamilton - HAMILTON
Toronto vs Roughriders - SASKATCHEWAN
Edmonton vs Montreal - MONTREAL

Edit: One suggestion for Big Dave to consider is this; Kid _Wicked with a 37-26 record is 8th with a % of 58.73 [Prairiedog72 has the same record and %, but with a higher Aggregate] Below them is Dust, rpaege, myself and Rattler - all have/made picks in all games [37-27] with higher aggregate. So my suggestion is the higher aggregate is the "KEY" on a given position in the standing and should over take the percentage. It states in the rules that picks must be in on time - fine and dandy, but missing/forgetting/"ABSTAIN" is the way it goes. however aggregate should rule. No pun against any of the posters.

Thanks

Calgary
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

B.C. @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Montreal

Thanks. :slight_smile:

B.C. @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Montreal

B.C. @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Montreal

BC
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Those in the top 9 with 37 wins or more are just wicked good. Some have 3 or 4 perfect weeks!

It looks to me like 6 will all but make it already and then it's another 6 fighting for the last two spots as will come down to aggregate spread perhaps.

I know for whom I am cheering but I don't want to jinx it.

B.C.
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Another, surprise surprise, 2-2 week. (If only the Ticats had as good a record as me....)

For week 18, I'm going with:

• BC over Calgary - This should be the game of the week. The top two teams in the league with nothing to play for except momentum going into the playoffs. I suspect neither team will be letting up.
  • Hamilton over Winnipeg - This could be the Benny Hill game of the week. The two worst teams in the league with everything to play for. Hamilton at least has an offence, sometimes. And they are playing at home.
  • Saskatchewan over Toronto - Remember when everyone was laughing at my lone voice saying that Saskatchewan was better than their record? They may not be top tier, but they definitely aren't laughing stock either. And then there's Toronto. I'm grouping them in with Hamilton and Winnipeg. Just a question of which of the three of them will make it to the playoffs.
  • Montreal over Edmonton - These two are pretty even, but Edmonton's been having trouble on the road lately.

Calgary
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Montreal

BC
Winnipeg
Sask
MTL

B.C.
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Edmonton