Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 18

The last couple of weeks now. A lot of people with high percentages; the playoffs should be wild!

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 18:
Toronto @ Edmonton
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
Calgary @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Montreal

Pick the teams you think will win in a reply to this thread. You can elaborate if you want, but please make it easy for me to see at a glance which teams you are picking to win.
Picks MUST be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff in order to be considered for a game.
To change your pick prior to a game's scheduled kickoff, POST ANOTHER REPLY to the same thread. Please don't EDIT your picks once you have made them.
You can view a more complete list of all the rules here.

Good luck!

Even though I have long been out of the running for the playoffs, I can still salvage a .500 season..

Edmonton- as bad as the Esks are right now, the Argos are even worse.. Esks by 10
Saskatchewan- total homer pick here, but it should a great game, and very close.. Sask by 2
BC- a tough loss in Regina, and will look to take their frustrations out on someone.. BC by 3
Montreal- Montreal does have a weakness.. its at the back-up QB position.. but they should still win.. Mtl by 3

I can’t believe I’m still in playoff position. Usually by this time I’ve been eliminated long ago. Kind of like my Tiger-cats. :lol: :lol: :cry:

Here goes:

Toronto @ Edmonton: I don’t know why I keep picking Edmonton; they never fail to disappoint me. But there’s no better remedy for a losing streak than playing the Argos. In the last two weeks, they’ve broken Edmonton’s 3-game losing streak and Hamilton’s 4-game slide. One game may not be a “streak”, but Edmonton should again find a cure for what’s ailing them. Esks by 2.

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton: Tough game to call. The Riders seem to find a way to win (or tie) even when the game appears lost. With Kevin Glenn at QB, though, the Ticats have put up some big numbers on the road against two good defences. And despite two huge losses recently, the fact remains that Hamilton plays their best football at Ivor Wynne. Cats in a squeaker.

Calgary @ B.C.: How fitting it seemed to a Ticat fan like me that an interception thrown by Casey Printers cost the Lions their last game. If injuries to Pierce and Jackson mean that Casey will be their starter the rest of the way, I don’t expect to see many more wins in Vancouver. Meanwhile, Good Hank has finally returned, and after being MIA for over a month, is not likely to give way to Bad Hank again any time soon. Could be a scary Halloween night for the Lions. Stamps by 10.

Winnipeg @ Montreal: Okay, let’s be honest, we were all stunned at the Bombers’ win over the Als. Even you guys who picked Winnipeg knew it was a longshot. Could it be that the Alouettes aren’t as good as we thought? Certainly their defence has looked about as alert as a Northwest pilot on a flight to Minneapolis these last couple of weeks. But if getting a scare put into them wasn’t enough to wake them up, then losing certainly should be. Montreal doesn’t lose two in a row, doesn’t lose twice to the same team, and doesn’t lose at home. Als by 15.

Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary
Montreal

thx!

Picks are;

Eskies over Argo's
Ti-Cats over Sask.
Stamps over Lions
Montreal over Blue Bombers.

Am I able to change me pick depending on who starts? Example... if McPherson plays Winnipeg wins if AC places Als win? Is that allowed?

Week 18 picks…

Edmonton over Toronto
Saskatchewan over Hamilton (hope I’m wrong though)
Calgary over B.C.
Montréal over Winnipeg

Thanks again, BD.

Toronto @ Edmonton = Edmonton
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton = Sask
Calgary @ B.C. = Calgary
Winnipeg @ Montreal = Winnipeg

Ugh. Three out of four are tough picks for me this week.

Edmonton
Hamilton
B.C.
Winnipeg

All winners ( I hope)

Edmonton
Hamilton
B.C.
Montreal (subject to change depending on QB)

Edmonton
Riders
Calgary
Winnipeg

Toronto @ Edmonton
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
Calgary @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Montreal

Edmonton
Hamilton
B.C.
Montreal

Edmonton
Sask
Calgary
Montreal

Still stuck at 63rd, but the first 3-1 week I've had in many weeks has given me hope. Tough week though, with a multitude of games that could go either way (in fact, all of them...)

Edmonton (but it will be close, can't imagine with a playoff spot on the line, the Esks won't show up)
Hamilton (No western team has won in Hamilton this year, don't expect it to start now)
B.C. (first time picking this team this year I think)
Montreal (they better win....)

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
B.C.
Montreal

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
BC
Winnipeg

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Montreal

Edmonton over Toronto
Saskatchewan over Hamilton
Calgary over B.C.
Montreal over Winnipeg (lightning can't strike twice even with Montreal's second QB)

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Winnipeg