Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 18

Playing strictly for pride here and a hope to crack the Top 50, so here's my week 18 picks

Hamilton over Ottawa - All of the Tabbies wins this season have come at home. Look for them to play the spoilers here over a desperate Renegades squad.

Montreal over Toronto - The Double Blue pulled off the upset in the Eastern final at the Big Uh-Oh last year. But this is a different Boatmen squad; one who currently leads the league in coughing up the pigskin. The Ego Don's Als go over here.

B.C. over Winnipeg - One word sums up this game: REVENGE! Wally and the boys will be looking to get back their win after getting blown out literally and figurately in the 'Peg a couple weeks ago.

Saskatchewan over Calgary - Many people are saying that the Als-Argos game will be the toughest one to pick. I say this one is. Danny's Boys ("..the pipes, the pipes are calling...") are looking to win here to avoid being the crossover team. The Stamps are hoping to tighten their grip on third in the West. I'm predicting a total home side sweep this week and picking the Green & White.

Well I hope your wrong because with Brady starting they dont have much
of a chance.

[u]Ottawa @ Hamilton:[/u] Man.. this really sucks for the Renegades. They were such a good story until this flop. They have to win their remaining games and although they probably won't, I think they'll give it a good effort. I think Joe Paopao just wants to get to 8 wins so he doesn't get fired. I think they'll get that. Wow.. Hamilton can look like Grey Cup contenders beating the sh*t out of my Eskimos, but flunking since. The future looks bright though with Tay Cody, Jesse Lumsden, and Kalil Hill. And you know Jason Maas will be there next season. Anyways.. Ottawa takes it, thanks to a good day from Kerry Joseph.

Ottawa: 23
Hamilton: 19

[u]Toronto @ Montreal:[/u] Game of the week. How can you not agree? The first place teams in the East Division going at it. Montreal is to good at the moment but it will be close anyway. Damon Allen hasn't looked so great recently and the whole Argo team has been fumbling games away, literally. Montreal is impressive lately and will continue to roll.

Toronto- 18
Montreal- 25

[u]Winnipeg @ BC:[/u] This will be the only time I will cheer for the Bombers. They need to beat BC here for the Eskimos to get first place! Comon Bombers, Kanga, BlueandGold, we all believe in you! WIN, WIN, WIN!! And.. I think they will. Although BC showed improvement from the past couple weeks with Casey Printers starting, I think they will still lose. The Bombers are in a roll of their own and only losing to the defending champs by 3. Winnipeg's gotta win it here..

Winnipeg: 39
BC Lions: 37

[u]Calgary @ Saskatchewan:[/u]
This will be a tight one with Henry Burris back at the helm. It will be interesting to see Smilin Hanks return to Saskatchewan. Get ready for boos. To the Eskimos, this doesn't mean much. Don't know what really else to say.

Calgary: 18
Saskatchewan: 21

Ottawa @ Hamilton .... hamilton wins
Toronto @ Montreal.... montreal in a blowout (hunch)
Winnipeg @ B.C...... winnipeg cuz they have nothing to lose!
Calgary @ Saskatchewan .... lets go stamps!.. cal wins

thanx dave

Montreal must win that one to force Toronto to come back at the Big O during playoffs:

- Ottawa Renegades
- Montreal Alouettes
- BC Lions
- Saskatchewan Roughriders

Hey BigDave, here are my picks for week 18:

Ottawa @ Hamilton–Ottawa Renegades
Toronto @ Montreal–Montreal Alouettes
Winnipeg @ B.C.–B.C Lions
Calgary @ Saskatchewan–Saskatchewan Roughriders

Thanks!!!

Congrats Big Dave On Your Perfict Week Last Week, All Though Dispite All The Games Being Farly Close A Lot Of People Made To Correct Picks.

Ottawa Over Hamilton
Montreal Over Toronto
British Columbia Over Winnipeg
Saskatchewan Over Calgary

Hamilton, montreal, bc and Saskatchewan will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CFL ROCKS!

BigDave, don't forget to go see your VGCC post, there are some propositions there to ameliorate the elimination process. Of course, you're the boss. If you pick my idea, just say it was yours. :wink:

HAM
MTL
BC
SK

Ottawa @ Hamilton = Ottawa
Toronto @ Montreal = Montreal
Winnipeg @ B.C. = BC
Calgary @ Saskatchewan = Calgary

.....majority rules......

ottawa
montreal
bc
saskatchewan

BIG DAVE............I have change my mind........SORRY..............!

OTTAWA...........wins................... :smiley: [OTTAWA , are under rated]

TORONTO............wins...................... :smiley:

CALGARY............wins................. :smiley: [BURRIS, is back in town , Calgary are under rated and SASK. are over rated. Knock SASK. , out of the play offs]

B.C...................wins.............. :smiley: [revenge for being blown out by WINNIPEG by 30+ points , something few seem to have notice]

Thanks :wink: Sorry about HAMILTON...but they just need a new Q.B. and some beef on defence.BUT WHAT GREAT CROWDS this year and last.....well done! :smiley:

G’Day,

Ottawa: Believe!
Montreal: 50,000 fans at the Big O. Calvillo is one cool cucumber (couldn’t believe it last week!)
B.C.: hard to win at BC place and you have to think that Printers has something to prove.
Saskatchewan: two close games in a row that they lose. This one might be close but I think they’re going to win.

Go Gades Go!
North Side Sucks!
Believe! 8)

OK Here goes

All Winners:

Hamilton
Montreal
B.C.
Saskatchewan.

Thanks BigDave!

ott
bc
sask
mont

ott
bc
sask
mont

With two bad weeks in a row, I'm going to have to go with some high risk picks to get back into the top 5. Here goes:

Hamilton
Montreal
BC
Calgary

Ottawa
Montreal
B.C.
Sask

Ottawa
Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan