Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 18

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 18:
Calgary @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Montreal

Everyone is welcome to participate. To join in, just start making picks. Pick the teams you think will win each game as a response to this thread. While discussion is encouraged, please make your picks clear at a glance. Picks must be in before the scheduled kickoff time in order to be considered for any game. You can see a complete list of the rules here.

Good Luck!

Calgary over Hamilton
Edmonton over Saskatchewan
B.C over Toronto
Montreal over Winnipeg

Making my picks now, so I don't forget.
Calgary @ Hamilton: Just like last week, everyone's going to assume this will be a blowout, but I don't think it will. Hamilton is at home with nothing to lose, playing for their jobs, and coming off a game they could just as easily have won as lost. Close one, but Calgary pulls it out. Stamps by 4.
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan: The Riders are at home again, but now it's Ricky Ray and company in town. They won't be able to get away with four interceptions this week. Esks by 12.
Toronto @ B.C.: The Argos just are not a good team. They made it respectable when B.C. was in T.O., but they won't this time. Lions by 20.
Winnipeg @ Montreal: Both these teams know exactly where they'll be at the end of the season. They could rest all their stars and it won't matter, but neither will. They want to stay (or get) hot now that the season is just about over, and they want to enter the post-season on a winning streak. Could be the game of the week. Als by 2.

redwhite205 below

Calgary @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Montreal

Famous below

Calgary @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Montreal

Well, im pretty much out of the playoff hunt so I will take a couple of upsets this week:

Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Montreal

Calgary @ Hamilton: I wish i could say Calgary will win but they wont
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan: This is a toss up, anyone could win so i will go with who i want to win
Toronto @ B.C.: Again i wish i could say Toronto would win, but BC is just too good.
Winnipeg @ Montreal They have to win cuz there is a high chance they will meet in the playoffs so they have to make sure Winnipeg doesn't think they can beat Montreal

Calgary @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Montreal

I would hate to see it but Edmonton could pull out a win, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Toronto might pull one out in BC but I'm not bold enough to pick em :wink:

Another 4-0 week!

Calgary
Montreal
BC
Edmonton

It's no coincidence these are the four best teams in the league! In order too!

Calgary
Edmonton
B.C.
Montreal

Calgary
Saskatchewan
BC
Montreal

thx D

Winding up on another great season. At this point, the teams that should win, will win. I'm not looking for upsets until the final week when starters get rested.

Thanks BD!
Go Sens Go!
Ottawa Rough Riders in 2010!

Calgary
Saskatchewan
BC
Montreal

Calgary
Edmonton
BC
Montreal

Too many .500 records the last few weeks so I'm gonna wing it

Hamilton
Edmonton
Toronto
Winnipeg

Time to get crazy and pick up a point or two.

HAMILTON
Over Calgary. I know, its early in the afternoon to be drinking heavilly. Calgary can clinch Home field advantage with a win. Perhaps over confidance, perhaps they will be practicing Touch down dances instead of football. My upset special of the week.....HAMILTON by 1

EDMONTON Over Saskatchewan. Another upset, but Saskatchewan can't find a starting QB. Its been a revolving door. Rickey Ray will throw for a season high. EDMONTON By 4

BC Over Toronto. Time zones, a disruptive Don Mathews, another QB Contraversry brewing BC By 18

MONTREAL Over Winnipeg. Can't see Tressman easing up the gas pedal. Winnipeg is happy to clinch second. MONTREAL By 3

......CALGARY over Ham.
........EDMONTON over Sask.
.........BRITISH COLUMBIA over T.O.
...........WINNIPEG over Mont.

Big Dave:

Just call me Mr. 3-1, with the Edmonton Eskimos providing the lone blemish on my week #17 record.  I guess two more 3-1 weeks will get me into the playoffs, but I want at least one more perfect week, just for something to be proud of.  Here are my  Week #18 selections.
  1. Calgary @ Hamilton- I know the Ti-Cats should have beaten Saskatchewan last week and they played very well, but the record says they still lost. Calgary is the best team in the West right now, and this is something they don't take lightly. I think this game may be closer than most people think, but the result will be the expected. I'm taking Calgary by 6 points.

2. Edmonton @ Saskatchewan- This game should be the closest of Week #18, and is one that both teams really need for their records. Edmonton is not a great road team, and can be a bit inconsistent at times. Saskatchewan has been inconsistent since the 6-0 start, but I'm going to go with my gut and take the home team. I'm taking Saskatchewan by 3 points.

3. Toronto @ BC Lions- Since the hiring of Don Mathews as their coach, Toronto has failed to win a game, and has not looked good at all, except for giving Montreal all it could handle last week. I don't expect this to change this week, and even though Buck Pierce is less than 100% physically, he's more than enough for the Lions this week. I'm taking the BC Lions by 15 points.

4. Winnipeg @ Montreal- The Blue Bombers have done well for themselves, after their terrible start, but playing in Montreal is not going to help their record. Montreal has the best home record in the league, and Anthony Calvillo is having an outstanding season, which should be more than enough to scuttle any plans the Blue Bombers had of pulling an upset. I'm taking Montreal by 12 points.

As always, thank you Big Dave, I'm just hoping to be part of the playoffs this year, and possibly win a round or so.

Calgary over Hamilton
Saskatchewan over Edmonton
B.C. over Toronto
Montréal over Winnipeg

Calgary
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Montreal

Here goes another week of futility! :smiley:

Hamilton - I think they're ready to take a big step. Calgary's got a long way to travel, and the Cats are getting hungry for that win. I think their disappointment from last week will push them into a win.

Sask - I'm going for a perfect record. One more week and I will have picked Saskatchewan for every game this year! Yeah me!

Toronto - I think they're finally ready to pull out a win. They finally showed some heart last week, and I think they're tired of losing. Pierce played extremely well last week, but I'm not sure if he can do it again this week.

Montreal - just too strong for Winnipeg. And playing at home? Should be a no-brainer, but just when you think you've got a guaranteed win, someone seems to surprise you....

Thanks, BigDave.