Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 18

The games for Week 18 are:
B.C. @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Montreal @ Calgary

The standings are posted at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm .

To make your picks, just post a reply to this thread with your predicted winners for these games. Picks must be made prior to a game’s scheduled kickoff time in order to be accepted for that game. Remember to make your picks clear at a glance. You can view a more complete listing of the rules at

http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_rules.htm

Good luck!

B.C.
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Calgary

Now that I'm basically out of the running, I can just pick the teams I think will win. Maybe I can still finish with a respectable record.

B.C. @ Hamilton: Like anyone thinks Hamilton has a shot. Lions by 20.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: Saskatchewan probably isn't as good as they looked these past two weeks, but they're better than a Ray-less Edmonton team. Riders by 9.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Tough call, but I think the Bombers are the better team and will play their best football when they're defending top spot in the East. Bombers by 4.

Montreal @ Calgary: If I find out for sure Burris isn't playing, I may change this pick.
But if he does play, they won't have any trouble against Montreal. Stamps by 6.

BC @ Hamilton-- Im going to against the grain here and pick Hamilton. Hamilton was basically out of their last game because receivers dropped catchable passes, penalties and turnovers. If they can correct a few they might have shot, BC isnt playing their A game, as the two games against the Esks proved. Hamilton by 3

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton- The Riders need to keep improving thier game before the playoffs start, and this would be a good game to do just that- and I think they will. It will be a closer game than most think, Edmonton usually plays well against the Riders at home. Riders by 4

Winnipeg @ Toronto- This is pretty much a pick 'em game. First place is on the line in this game, and it should be the game of the weekend. I think Winnipeg will have just enough offence to eke out a win. Bombers by 2

Montreal @ Calary- Montreal's Oline is a shadow of its former self, and this could be another long day for Calvillo. There is talk of Popp firing Bellefeuille(SAY IT AINT SO!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: ), but even if he does, it wont make much of a difference for the Als. Calgary will win outright anyway. If Burris plays Calgary by 20+, if Sankey plays Calgary by 10.

Hamilton (gotta make up some room)
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Calgary

B.C.
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Montreal

Officially eliminated, cannot catch the leaders......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

BC Over Hamilton. Tempting to pick this upset, but sorry Ti-Cat fans, I'm just not sold on your team BC By 10

SASKATCHEWAN Over Edmonton. The Riders are hot going down the stretch. No need to see a change here. RIDERS by 10

TORONTO
Over Winnipeg. Toronto defense should come up big and confuse Glenn. TORONTO by 4

CALGARY
Over Montreal Calgary needs to step it up for Playoffs. Popp is constantly being out coached. CALGARY by 4

B.C. @ Hamilton - Lions to win.
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton - Eskimos to win.
Winnipeg @ Toronto - Argos to win.
Montreal @ Calgary - Stamps to win.

Thanks BigDave!!!

B.C. @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Montreal @ Calgary

B.C. @ Hamilton = BC
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton = Ssk
Winnipeg @ Toronto = Winnipeg
Montreal @ Calgary = Calgary

British Columbia
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Calgary

Many thanks BigDave!

BC
Sask.
Winnipeg
Calgary

-thanks Big Dave! :thup:

B.C.
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Calgary

TiCats
Eskimos
Bombers
Als

C'mon upset week.

B.C. @ Hamilton - BC
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton - Saskatchewan
Winnipeg @ Toronto - Toronto
Montreal @ Calgary - Calgary

BC
Sask
Toronto
Calgary

thanks!

Lions over Tiger-Cats
...Riders over Eskimos
...... Blue Bombers over Argonauts
...........Stampeders over Alouettes

Hamilton- Best team vs. the worst team. I'm picking Hamilton, though, because I'm essentially out of it and that's who I WANT to win.

Sask - too strong for Edmonton right now

Toronto - just because they're at home

Calgary - again, homefield advantage gets them the win. If Burris doesn't play again it might be a different story.

BC
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

Sorry Dave, one small error on my picks:

Montreal @ Calgary- Montreal's Oline is a shadow of its former self, and this could be another long day for Calvillo. There is talk of Popp firing Bellefeuille(SAY IT AINT SO!!! ), but even if he does, it wont make much of a difference for the Als. Calgary will win outright anyway. If Burris plays Calgary by 20+, if Sankey plays Calgary by 10.