Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 17

The Week 16 standings are posted here.

Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants’ peformance in the most recent week.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now for Week 17. Edmonton has the bye this week.
Ottawa @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Montreal @ Calgary

Good luck!

Ottawa @ Hamilton: Masoli vs Burris, just like last year’s Eastern Final. Hamilton came within a whisker of winning that one, and while they may not be as good as they were last year, neither are the Redblacks. Chris Williams is done for the year (I think he was just afraid to come to Hamilton. :wink: ) But this series will likely decide first place in the East. Going with my team. Cats by 5.

Winnipeg @ B.C.: These are two really good teams who have played some entertaining football. This should be a great game, though often when I think that, it turns out to be a crapfest. Tough to pick, but going with the Lions by 4.

Saskatchewan @ Toronto: Saskatchewan has played well these last few weeks, winning 3 in a row. Toronto has now lost 8 of their last 9. Gotta go with the hot team here. Riders by 6.

Montreal @ Calgary: No-brainer. Stamps by 50.

HAM
BC
SSK
CAL

THX

Big Dave, I think you forgot to put the sticky on this VGCC thread.

Ottawa
BC
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Hamilton
BC
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Well, at least I didn't fall back from the lead, and caught up on a few near the top. (And a disputed replay review may have prevented a perfect week.)

Here are my picks for week 17 (reposted from the week 16 thread):

Ottawa @ Hamilton - With Burris back at the helm, the Redblacks look like they're back on track as the top team in the east. And with Collaros looking likes he's joining the rest of the starters on the injury list, it'll be tough for the Ticats to stop them.

Winnipeg @ B.C. - I figured last week's match-up between the Lions and Bombers was going to be exciting, and it ended up coming down to a coin flip by the Command Centre. I expect another close one this week.

Saskatchewan @ Toronto - The Argos seem to be in training camp mode now, and I don't see them having a chance against the surging Riders.

Montreal @ Calgary - Really? The Als have been playing better lately, but not well enough to beat the Stamps.

Thanks BD!

Hamilton
B.C.
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Ottawa @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Montreal @ Calgary

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Another 2 - 2 and I drop out of the top 10 :oops:

This week's picks;

Ottawa vs Hamilton - Ottawa - This is not so much about Ottawa being better so much as it is about the Ti-cats having to go without ZC. Ottawa by 7.

Winnipeg vs B.C. - BC - I went against Winnipeg last week, because I believed that BC is the better team ... and I still do. Difference is that now BC is at home! BC by 7.

Saskatchewan vs Toronto - Saskatchewan - The Riders have decided to add to the western dominance this year (welcome to the party ... a little late). Toronto might have had a chance if they hadn't just blown up their team in mid-season (who does that). Another week of practice is not going to help the rookies get the experience of the released receivers. Riders by 14.

Montreal vs Calgary - Calgary - Calgary at home vs a sub .500 team ... need I say more? Even if they do rest some players starting this week, it will be after Calgary has already racked up a 30 point lead, so ... Calgary by 21.

That's all for this week. Thank you Big Dave for running this for us and good luck to all my fellow competitors!

:cowboy:

Ottawa - no zach decider on this
BC - home team pick
Sask - I cant see how you can pick TA
Calgary -

Ottawa @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Montreal @ Calgary

Two game switch-up Big Dave

Hamilton
Toronto

....Hamilton....,Some recent acquisitions could make the difference...Masoli should pull it off
......Winnipeg..,Gurley and Harris carry the day....expecting a big offensive by the Bombers
........Sask.........,Although out of it,they're trying to put a team together for next year
.........Calgary...,If the stamps take their foot off the gas, Als. might have a prayer..Don't see it

Perce90's picks;

RedBlacks
Lions
Roughriders
Stampeders

SuperBro38's picks;

Tiger-Cats
Lions
Roughriders
Stampeders

Big Dave,

You should be 3 and 1 with your changed pick. You listed yourself as 2 and 2 in week 16 of the VGCC.

You picked Sask, Edmonton, and Calgary to win.

Your still in the game...... :smiley:

HAM
BC
SSK
CGY

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Thanks Dave :thup: