Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 17

The standings after Week 16 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 17. Saskatchewan has the bye this week.
Winnipeg @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Toronto
B.C. @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Montreal

Good luck!

Up to #11 now. People are going to have to sit up and take notice of me now. :wink:
Here are my picks for Week 17:
Winnipeg @ Ottawa: Winnipeg is still hanging on to their playoff hopes, while Ottawa has designs on first place. Ottawa is easily the better team here, and it should show on the scoreboard. RedBlacks by 9.

Calgary @ Toronto: Calgary always finds a way to win, even when they are outplayed. That shouldn't be a problem here. Stamps by 11.

B.C. @ Edmonton: Right now B.C. holds that third playoff spot in the West. Their new QB Jennings has looked pretty good, but now he's facing one of the league's top defences. This will open up an opportunity for Montreal. Esks by 5.

Hamilton @ Montreal: And this will close that opportunity. Hamilton has a great defence, great special teams, and even without Collaros, their offence is good enough. Hamilton finally gets the Als monkey off their backs. Cats by 7.

Boy did I drop after first missing to pick the first 2 games then going 1-2 ouch!
Time to get serious this week.

Ottawa
Toronto
Edmonton
Hamilton

A middling 3-2 week...and I go up 3 spots to 31st, go figure. Anyway it's back to picking just four games this week, and I'm running out of time for my perfect week...

Ottawa - The RubyGlooms lead the league in team sacks and have bonafide MOP candidate in Henry Burris, this won't even be close.

Toronto - The Stampeders offence has gone on vacation of late. They were lucky to escape with a win in Hamilton two weeks ago, and last week they lost a low scoring game in which the winning team only scored 15 points. It's a short week for the Argos, but it won't matter...

Edmonton - The Lions have found some spark with a new QB in Jennings but the Eskimos have found ways to win without really scoring. This does have a potential for upset, but I'm sticking with the favourites here.

Hamilton - No chance the Cats take the Als lightly this time around, and Montreal has been in a tailspin of late. I expect a low scoring game, but there is no chance the Larks sweep the season series.

Ottawa vs Winnipeg - OTTAWA
Toronto vs Calgary - TORONTO
Edmonton vs Lions - ESKIMOS
Montreal vs Ti-Cats - HAMILTON

Wow !!! I guess I get the dunce cap award for switching my pick at the last minute from the Argos to the Als :oops: and with that comes a 2-3 week that should've been 3-2 and a drop down to #23. Oh well whatcha going do ? Anyways on to Week 17....

WINNIPEG@ Ottawa......I know,I know it makes no sense but what the hey at this stage I might as well pick who I HOPE to win rather then who I THINK will win. Bad Hank finally shows up(I hope) and just long enough for the BB's to escape with another narrow win...........Bombers win a squeaker by 2

CALGARY@ Toronto @ Hamilton.....Looks like with the Jays winning on Monday that this is now a definite neutral site affair at THF. It will be interesting to see what the attendance will be for this one ? Anyway my guess is there will be more cheering on the Stamps than the (HOME ?) team Argonauts....Stampeders win this one in a low scoring affair by 3

B.C. @ EDMONTON......The Eskimos are the hottest team in the league right now riding on a 5 game winning streak.
I honestly can't find any rhyme or reason to think that it won't continue over these puzzling Lions....Eskimos win by 10

HAMILTON@ Montreal.....It's pay back time for the Cats who inexplicably have lost twice to these birds already this season. Never mind that Mathews will be under center for the Cats, the bigger question is WHO will be under center for the Als ? Will it be Anthony " Daniel" Boone ? or Tanner Marsh "mallow" ? In the end it won't matter.....Cats win this one by 7

So there ya have it, Bobo's big Week 17 picks taking......WINNIPEG/CALGARY/EDMONTON/HAMILTON

Good Luck to all and Thanks once again B-Dave for all your hard work in putting this together for us all :smiley: :thup:

Ugh! That was bad. Fortunately, there was a lot of that going around last week, so I didn't slip any in the standings.

Here are my picks for week 17:

Winnipeg @ Ottawa - The Redblacks are competing for first in what is arguably the stronger division this year. The Bombers, on the other hand, are fighting for a playoff spot in the weaker division, including fighting to avoid being knocked out on the crossover. This week won't help the Bombers' case.

Calgary @ Toronto - The Stamps don't like losing, and losing twice in a row is unacceptable. I expect them to come out with guns blazing. The Argos have looked pretty good recently, but the Stamps are a bit better than the teams they've played recently.

B.C. @ Edmonton - The Eskimos appear to be the strongest team right now, especially on defence. The Lions looked good against the Riders a couple of weeks ago, but came back to earth last week. No way they can compete with the Eskimos.

Hamilton @ Montreal - The Ticats still have one of the best defences in the league, and their offence under Mathews looked good last week - although who doesn't look good against the Riders this year? The Als' defence has kept them in a lot of games as well, but has slipped the last few weeks. And their offence is "just not ready" with their QB injury situation.

Ottawa
Calgary
Edmonton
Hamilton

Ottawa
Toronto
Edmonton
Hamilton

Thanks BigDave

Thank GOD!!

I’m screwed now. My only hope is pure luck with upsets.

Winnipeg
Toronto
B.C.
Montreal

Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton
Hamilton

OTTAWA
CALGARY
EDMONTON
HAMILTON