Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 17

We're down to the final few weeks of the season now. Keep in mind that only the top 8 will qualify for the post-season, so you may want to make your picks accordingly.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the rules, in a nutshell:
Each week I will start a thread, like this one, listing the games being played that week.
To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, but the later you join the harder it will be to catch up.
To make your picks, reply to the thread, stating which teams you think will win. You can elaborate or pontificate all you want, but the predicted winners must be obvious at a glance.
In order to be accepted, your post must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff. No exceptions for any reason.
If you want to change your pick prior to game time, post another reply. DO NOT change your original post.
At the end of the week, the standings will be posted. Rankings are based on the number of correct picks, followed by the aggregate spread (point spread of games picked correctly minus point spread of games picked incorrectly), followed by the percentage of correct picks.
At the end of the season, the top 8 participants will qualify to make picks for the post-season.

These are the games for Week 17:
Calgary @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Montreal

Good luck!

I don't know what makes me happier: that I've bumped up to 23rd, or that my Ticats beat the Argos again. (Who am I kidding: it's the Ticats.) Just 3 games out of a playoff spot with 3 weeks left. Here goes.

Calgary @ Edmonton: Calgary is the top team in the CFL; Edmonton one of the two worst. The Eskimos are the only team that has not won a division game. Even home field won't be an advantage, as the Esks are 1-7 at Commonwealth. This game could get really ugly really quickly. Stamps by 20.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: Fresh off two losses to Hamilton, Toronto is up against Winnipeg, who hasn't put together back-to-back wins all year. Needless to say I'll be cheering for the Bombers, but holding out little hope, especially now that Ray is back. Argos by 15.

B.C. @ Saskatchewan: The game of the week. These teams are fighting for a home playoff game, and only one game separates them. But as far as I know right now, Lulay is not going to be playing, and the Lions have lost the last two without him. Plus they have a losing record on the road. Riders by 6.

Hamilton @ Montreal: After their lousy 1-4 start, the Ticats have won 7 of their last 10, and have not lost a game against the Eastern Division since Week 1. Montreal is no longer a threat, with losing records against the Easten Division, at home and away. The Als have to win both of these to have a shot at a home playoff game, but they don't have it in them. Cats by 9.

Woohoohoo! I broke into the Top 50! I feel like the Bombers ... Moral victories here!!! For this week I'll take an all away/road team sweep ...

Calgary over Edmonton
Toronto over Winnipeg
BC over Saskatchewan
Hamilton over Montreal

My picks for week 17 are:

Calgary over Edmonton
Toronto over Winnipeg
BC over Saskatchewan
Hamilton over Montreal

Thank you

Richard

Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

For Week 17;
Calgary
Toronto
BC
Hamilton

Thanks BigDave!

With a Hamilton victory yesterday I was able to jump back into the top 8 and currently sit 7th. It's going to be tight and mistakes can not be afforded in the final weeks...

Calgary - Despite coming close to beating Saskatchewan last week, Edmonton won't have the same opportunity in facing the leagues best team and the clear cut leader for league MOP in John Cornish.

Toronto - The mirage of beating Montreal last week will wear off for the Bombers facing Ricky Ray and the Argos.

B.C. - The VGCC swing game of the week, defeat here could see playoff dreams shattered. Saskatchewan beat the Lions two weeks ago, but barely beating Edmonton last week shows that not all is still not right in Riderville...

Hamilton - A dominating performance in back-to-back weeks against the Argos makes this team the team to beat in the East, and they still might finish second in the division.

Calgary @ Edmonton - Calgary
Toronto @ Winnipeg - Toronto
B.C. @ Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Montreal - Hamilton

Woo hoo! Back in playoff contention. (Not sure how that happened. And a lot of hounds nipping at my heels.)

My picks for week 17:

Calgary @ Edmonton - The Eskimos have given up for the year, and it doesn't look like they even want to play for pride anymore, other than Reilly. Stamps should be able to breeze through this one.

Toronto @ Winnipeg - I considered picking the Bombers here, as they seem to have found their second wind somehow. Way too little and way too late, but there nonetheless. Plus I'd love to see the Argos lose their third game in a row, and not just to help my Ticats take over first place. I don't see it happening, though. (But I'll still be cheering for it. :slight_smile: )

B.C. @ Saskatchewan - Coin flip on this one, as it could go either way. And when that happens, always a safe bet to go with the team with thirteen men.

Hamilton @ Montreal - Could be another close game, but the Ticats are peaking at the right time. Plus, the Als just lost to the Bombers. The Bombers!

Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Montreal

Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Calgary
Toronto
B.C.
Montreal

Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Thanks BD! :rockin:

Calgary over Edmonton :expressionless: Don't Care!!! :expressionless:
Winnipeg over Toronto :stuck_out_tongue: :thup: GO BOMBERS!!!
Hamilton over Montreal :smiley: :thup: GO CATS!!!
B.C over Saskatchewan :smiley: :thup: GO LIONS!!!

My how the mighty have fallen, from 2-16 in two weeks. Think I have kissed my playoff chances good-bye!

Calgary @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ Montreal

Calgary @ Edmonton - can’t see the Stamps losing this one
Toronto @ Winnipeg - all 6 Argo losses came in pairs followed by a win over a bottom feeder, the pattern will continue
B.C. @ Saskatchewan - tough one, both are not at their best but I’ll take BC’s horrible road record as the deciding factor and go with the Riders
Hamilton @ Montreal - a win clinches at least 2nd for Hamilton, Als get 2 more shots to secure a playoff spot

Should Winnipeg lose, the Als will be in the playoffs; they could lose their remaining 3 games and will still be in playoffs with 1 Winnipeg lost.

Richard

1. :cowboy: Calgary :cowboy: 2) :twisted: Toronto :twisted: 3) 8) Saskatchewan 8) 4) :roll: Hamilton :roll: