Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 17

Just a few weeks left in the regular season. The year flies by so fast! The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 17:
Montreal @ Hamilton
B.C. @ Calgary
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though at this point new participants will not be able to catch up to qualify for the post-season.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Winnipeg if Pierce plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

A perfect week, moving me into a tie for second place! Life is good!

Anyway, now I have to try not to choke.

Montreal @ Hamilton: I want to be wrong on this one, I really do. The only two teams in the league currently on a winning streak. I predict that the Cat defence will show up and make it close, but DeAngelis goes wide on the game-winning field goal with under a minute remaining. Als by 2.

B.C. @ Calgary: No real mystery here. Calgary is better than B.C. Stamps by 15.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: Maybe the hardest one to pick this week, because both teams have been terrible, and both teams have been pretty good. But while it seems that Winnipeg usually finds a way to lose, Toronto usually finds a way to win. They'll do it again on some crazy play that will never work again in a million years. Argos by 4.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: No real mystery here either. Edmonton has improved lately, but their receiving corps is missing a lot of their primary targets. Saskatchewan's not likely to lose three in a row. Riders by 9.

Hamilton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Week of the upsets, except for one. :thup:

Thanks Dave!

Sitting in a tie for 2nd but it's still precarious for the playoffs, one bad week and that could do it.

Montreal @ Hamilton
B.C. @ Calgary
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Hey BigDave, I should've gone 2-2. I got Edm and Mon.

...not that it's going to improve my overall standing by much. :lol: :lol:

To Win

Hamilton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Edmonton

Montreal @ Hamilton: Montreal has nothing to play for until the playoffs, they'll likely be resting a bunch of starters, and they're playing on the road. Hamilton wins to take a stranglehold on second place in the East.

B.C. @ Calgary: I want to say BC will find a way to upset the Stamps at McMahon with an inexperienced starter under center. But it won't happen. Curtains for the Lions.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: The Bombers seem to play their best football when their backs are against the wall. Back, meet wall.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: Saskatchewan will not lose three in a row.

HAMILTON Over Montreal. Now that Montreal has clinched, I expect a bit of a let down. My upset special of the week, HAMILTON by 2

CALGARY Over BC. Not much to say here. The Best VS the worst. Calgary wont lose two to BC at Home. Expect revenge. CALGARY by 15

TORONTO Over Winnipeg. Toronto will get things back on track. TORONTO by 4

SASKATCHEWAN Over Edmonton. Riders will bounce back against another "Have-not" team. SASKATCHEWAN by 12

A 3-1 week puts me in 4th, but the upcoming week could has a couple of tough games....

Montreal - Montreal has little to play for other than the fact they like to be ready for the Tiger-Cats if they should meet in the East Final. Hamilton is at home, and should win but won't for the fact the Alouettes have had their number all season.

Calgary - Calgary at home has been too good, B.C. simply doesn't have a chance.

Winnipeg - Toronto will have known before the game that they've clinched a playoff spot. The Bombers have been coming on of late and are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. Expect Winnipeg to come out strong...

Saskatchewan - I would be surprised if this was close....

Hamilton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

Montreal
Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Montreal - Unless I get word that Montreal is resting significant starters, this pick stands as is.Why?Our secondary still sucks bad and if AC and crew are starting, they'll pick us apart with ease.
Calgary - Calgary's back!Not gunna get em' this time Wally.
Winnipeg - These games ALWAYS suck and always end with lame scores like 14-12.Tough pick but Winnipeg will be at home so yeah.
Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan got embarressed twice in a row AT HOME :o
That just does not happen.They'll be out for revenge and will dominate the Eskies in this one.

Hamilton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

Montreal
Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan

17th week picks;

Alouettes at Hamilton - MONTREAL
B.C. Lions at Calgary - CALGARY
Argonauts at Winnipeg - WINNIPEG