Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 17

The games for Week 17 are:
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Montreal
Edmonton @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan

The standings are posted at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm .

To make your picks, just post a reply to this thread with your predicted winners for these games. Picks must be made prior to a game's scheduled kickoff time in order to be accepted for that game. Remember to make your picks clear at a glance. You can view a more complete listing of the rules at

http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_rules.htm

Good luck!

Got to make up some serious ground in the next few weeks, or like my team I'll be observing the playoffs from my couch. Time to pull a George Costanza and go against my natural instincts.

Calgary @ Winnipeg: Their win on Sunday gives me the impression that they can do it again; though I still think the majority will pick the Bombers at home. I may be able to gain a game here. Stamps by 5.

Toronto @ Montreal: The Als showed that they are no match for the Argos at SkyDump -- er, Rogers Centre -- and their home record is not what it used to be, either. Still, Als by 2.

Edmonton @ B.C.: Going into B.C. Place after blowing one at home, there's not much chance here. But they did play the Lions tight, and you never know. Esks by 4.

Hamilton @ Saskatchewan: The longshot of the week. Hamilton actually had the lead in the fourth, and if the secondary that kept them in the previous few games shows up, they might have a shot; and miracles do happen. Still, my best bet is that the league, after reviewing the video of the game, decides to suspend Kerry Joseph. :lol: Cats by a rouge.

Hey, I was 2-2 last week; if I had done the exact opposite, I still would have been 2-2. A 4-0, or even a 3-1, should allow me to make up some ground.

Calgary
Toronto
B.C.
Saskatchewan

why suspend Joseph? he did nothing wrong..

Winnipeg
Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

cflisthebest, he was only joking.. :roll:

Calgary @ Winnipeg - Stamps to win.
Toronto @ Montreal - Argos to win.
Edmonton @ B.C. - Lions to win.
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan - Riders to win.

Thanks BigDave!!!

Calgary @ Winnipeg Even though Sankey may start this one.
Toronto @ Montreal Is there any doubt with Montreals offense how can you lose.
Edmonton @ B.C The esks are playing for next year nothing more. I think it will be close though.
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan
They will get it right sooner or later.

.500 on the season in the VGCC. After a great start, I have faltered. LOL.
Here goes another week. It's gung ho time.

Calgary
Montreal
Edmonton
Hamilton

Calgary
Montreal
BC
Sask

Winnipeg: they have to win this one!
Toronto: they seem to be firing on all cylinders and will be super motivated for this one.
BC: Edmonton is playing for next year and BC always finds a way to win.
Saskatchewan: The Ti-Cats may put it all together but not at this game. Riders are gunning for the home playoff game!

...BOMBERS...over Stamps
.....ALS. ...over Argos
.....LIONS over Esks.
......RIDERS over Ti-Cats

Winnipeg
Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg
Montreal
British Columbia
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg
Montreal
B.C.
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg
Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan

CALGARY Over Winnipeg. Burris is back, rested. Winnipeg looks like their secondary is hurting. CALGARY by 3

MONTREAL Over Toronto. I figured both teams would split the home & home so why not take Montreal, just for that reason! MONTREAL by 3

BC Over Edmonton. Home game at the dome. Hopefully Wally plays Pierce for a half. The BC Defense should dominate again. BC By 6

HAMILTON Over Saskatchewan. Big Dave and I read the "Turkeybend News" and Joseph will be suspended this week. :wink: Fantuz will be awarded outstanding player of the week, and thenwill drop some key passes. Afternoon upset special. HAMILTON by 1

Winnipeg
Toronto
Edmonton
Hamilton

Bombers
Als
Lions
Riders

I am likely going to have a terrible week, but if not, I should be able to make up some ground. I think it is too late for that now anyway, but you can't blame me for trying. I am going with the home team sweep.

Winnipeg
Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan

Go Riders!!

Picks for week 17. Not that i can make it into the top 8 anyway but here we go.

Calgary@Winnipeg
Toronto@Montreal
Edmonton@BC
Hamilton@Saskatchewan