Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 17

Here are the matchups for week 17:
Calgary @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal
Edmonton @ Toronto

The standings are available to view at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm

To make your picks, reply to this thread (please don't quote this post) with your picks for the winners.

Participants will be ranked based primarily on the number of correct picks. Point spreads are not considered. If you elaborate on your picks, please make your pick clear at a glance. If I have to read paragraphs of prose to figure out who you think will win, I won't bother.

The deadline to make a pick for any game is the scheduled kickoff time of that game. No exceptions. A pick for a 7:00 game will be considered late if it is posted at 7:01.

If you want to change one of your picks, please post a new reply. DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. If a post has been edited, only those games played after the latest edit will count.

Good luck!

I'll start us off then I guess.

BC
Montreal
Toronto

Thanks BigDave!

Finally! A week in which my Tiger-cats are GUARANTEED not to lose. Most teams have had two weeks off already, and Hamilton is just getting their first.

Anyway, my picks for week 17:
B.C. over Calgary. The Stamps are hot and cold; the Lions are hot.
Saskatchewan over Montreal. The Als finally ended their losing streak, but are a long way from the team they once were.
Toronto over Edmonton. The Esks nearly found a remarkable way to lose last week. They won't have to try quite so hard this week.

Calgary
Montreal
Toronto

My picks for week 17:
BC- they are the team to beat in the West, no matter who is a QB.
Sask- Im not sure about this one, its a total homer pick.
Toronto- Toronto moves into 1st place after this game.

BD already has my picks, but just so everyone knows.

Calgary over BC
Montreal over Saskatchewan
Toronto over Edmonton

8th place, just holding on to a posisble advanment to a posision in the Finals.

Calgary
Saskatchewan
Toronto

Man, have I ever dropped the ball this year! Oh, well, I'll keep playing just for the hell of it!

I'll go with Calgary, Saskatchewan and Toronto.

Thanks Big Dave!

Hey guys, I would like to point out that if the Coin Toss (leading in the VGCC Insight Challence) was actually playing in BigDave's competition, it would be ranked... #1 overall !

Talk about an amazing Coin. Not only does it beat Schultz, it beats everyone in here too. I hope I am not jinxing it.

Calgary @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal
Edmonton @ Toronto

*B.C.
*Edmonton
*Montréal

thanks BigDave

my picks for week 17

Calgary
[i]Riders[/i]
Toronto

LIONS over Stampeders
MONTREAL over Sask.
ARGONAUTS over Eskimos

BC over Calgary
Saskatchewan over Montreal (homer call)
Toronto over Edmonton (please, please, please.....)

Thanks again, BigDave!

BC over Calgary
Montréal over Sasktachewan (and a pox on The Don in the post-season if he doesn't deliver this week)
Toronto over Edmonton

B.C.
Saskatchewan
Toronto

BC
Montreal
Toronto

Thanks BD.

BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Calgary
Saskatchewan
Toronto

I sughc! (hey! it worked!)

B.C.: depth at QB, good D, excellent receivers! Calgary is good but BC is better.
Montreal: Calvilo starting to get it together, Robert Edwards and Joseph has never won in Montreal before.
Toronto: Toronto's D, Eskimos jinx.

Go Gades Go in 08!