Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 16

Had to get this done in a hurry, as there is a game on Tuesday, which means a short week for VGCC'ers. Keep in mind that there are 5 games this week, so you need to get all 5 to get credit for a perfect week.

The standings after Week 15 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 16. No one has the bye this week.
Ottawa @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Toronto @ Montreal

Good luck!

Making my picks early, because I know I'll forget otherwise.

3-1 last week and I drop to 15th. Not too high a price to pay for faith in my team...and they almost pulled it out, too. Man, I'd have shot up the standings if they had!

Ottawa @ Toronto: Though this is technically an Argo home game, it's being played in Ottawa, where the RedBlacks are 5-2 this season. They're playing on something of a short week, but with no travel in between, they gain an extra day, so it kind of evens out. Burris has a hot hand, and if that continues, the Argos could find second place an uphill climb. RedBlacks by 4.

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton: Jeff Mathews remains the question mark on the Tiger-cat team. He played well enough to take the Calgary Stampeders to the final three minutes, and the Roughriders, well, let's just say they're not the Stampeders. The Hamilton D and Special Teams should make this an easy one. Cats by 9.

Edmonton @ Calgary: I think at this stage of teh season, if anyone's going to beat the Stamps, it's going to be Edmonton. And Calgary is due to lose one at home. Esks by 2.

Winnipeg @ B.C.: Winnipeg is so close! They really made a game of it against Edmonton, and that's saying a lot. Despite what a lot of the fans seem to think, Nichols is THE guy until Willy comes back. But they really need to find a kicker fast if they're going to make a run for the playoffs. Meanwhile with Jennings at QB, B.C. is saying, "Travis who?" Lions by 11.

Toronto @ Montreal: Watching Montreal play these last couple of weeks puts me in mind of a chicken with its head cut off. They really don't seem to know what they're doing, where they're going, or who they're going there with. Is Cato their starter? Is Crompton? Is Cato? Ah, who cares? Trevor Harris is better than either of them. Toronto's defence is not as good as Montreal's, but I don't think that matters when the Als' offence is so atrocious. Argos by 7.

A 3-1 week and I drop a spot to 34th. Still no perfect weeks, can I go 5-0 this week? Ha...

Still not doing the commentary...

Toronto

Hamilton

Calgary

B.C.

Toronto

Please check mine again for week 15 B.D. I should be 4-0.

For Week 16:

Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary
B.C.
Montreal

Toronto vs Ottawa - ARGOS
Hamilton vs Riders - HAMILTON
Calgary vs Eskimos - CALGARY
BC vs Blue Bombers - LIONS
Montreal vs Toronto - TORONTO

rpaege picks are in the link below, thus went 4-0 not 0-0

[url=http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98865]viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98865[/url]

Thanks Big Dave

My picks for week 16:

Ottawa
Hamilton
Calgary
BC
Toronto

Let's go RedBlacks! Thanks for all your work with the VGCC. You rock BD!

Ouch !!!! Two last second field goals cost me a perfect week and going 2-2 has dropped me a little further out of contention as I slipped 2 spots to #20. Oh well, whatcha going to do ? Anyways with an extra game on the slate this week hopefully things will work out and I'll start to make my playoff run :roll: So here we go with my Week 16 picks :

OTTAWA@ Toronto......@ Ottawa.....An extra home game bonus for the Ottawa faithful,will be interesting to see just how many bother to show up for this Tuesday night game ? Toronto won the last game here, so it's the RB's turn to return the favour.......Ottawa wins this one by 4

Saskatchewan @ HAMILTON........The Cats will take their frustrations out on this hopeless Rider squad. It won't matter who quarterbacks the Cats in this one if they can't lay a beat down on this team then they will certainly be in trouble the rest of the way this season........Hamilton wins this one by 17

EDMONTON@ Calgary......West Final preview game.....Even though those Stamps beat my Cats last week and the Esks stole one from the Bombers, I feel like this one comes down to another final fg and it will be the Esks kicking it to down the Stamps for their first home loss of the season.......Edmonton wins this by 1

Winnipeg @ BC.......It looks like the Lions have perhaps found a hidden gem at QB with Jennings. The Bombers will once again put in the effort but once again will fall just short. The Lions continue to solidify that final playoff spot in a close one........B.C. wins this one by 6

TORONTO@ Montreal......The Argos go into Mtl and hammer them big time. The Als spiral closer to seeing how the other half lives as a non playoff team as they get closer to missing the playoffs for the first time since resurfacing in "96".
As much as I hate the Argos I have to admit that in recent years I've grown to hate those Dirty Birds more....Toronto by 20

So there ya have it Sports fans for what it's worth Bobo's Week 17 picks: Taking Ott/Ham/Edm/BC/Tor

Thanks again B-Dave :thup: Good Luck to all in your picks for this week :rockin:

My picks for the first 4 games of week 16:

Ottawa
Hamilton
Calgary
BC

I will make my final pick later on the week.

Thank you

Richard

Ottawa
Hamilton
Calgary
B.C.
Toronto

Ottawa
Hamilton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Toronto